Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

[​IMG]

Would instead be:

[​IMG]

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Bingo ! Those are the improvement works in the pipeline. There are several other stuff planned for the wiki, check out this thread: http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/card-hunter-forum-style-sheet.265/page-2#post-3712

The current bottleneck for pushing ahead with wiki upgrades primarily stems from the fact that it is currently hosted out of goodwill on Roshirai's server. Which means none of us has admin access and I really hate to crash anything. Upgrades are therefore incremental and require monitoring. The latest improvement: item category populate took about 4 hrs to complete for a mere 200+ items. Which prolly points to the fact that there isn't a lot of memory or a very fast server that we are talking about. Ordinarily: a botscript, data files, templates would be able to generate the wiki in about a day to a week (depending on db size and sort duration).

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Changelog (23th Jan 2013)

Attack cards updated: Obliterating Chop, Shredding Strike, Impaling Stab
    Boost cards updated: Hover, Bruiser, Impaler
    Hybrid cards updated: Demonic Miasma

Weapon updated: Demon's Golden Blade, Dragonslayer Sword, Sharpened Pick
    Divine Weapon updated: Holy Axe
    Stave updated: Staff of Pain
    Divine Armor updated: Glowing Hide Armor
    Robe updated: Robe of Lightness
    Shield updated: Spiked Wooden Shield, Cautious Shield
    Divine items updated: Demon Charm of the 2nd Circle, Small Healing Orb
    Arcane items updated: Brass Sparking Wand, Furnace Wand

Divine skills updated: Piety, Pious Cleansing
    Martial skill updated: Sharp Bashing, Trained Bashing
    Human skill updated: Reckless Reflexes
    Dwarf Skill updated: Apprentice Intimidation, Novice Ferocity, Apprentice Resilience

4. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

I've created redirects for every item (and one card) that was failing to work properly with the forum bbcode (primarily because it contained either the words 'of' or 'the' in the title). The following should all work now:

Orb Of Skill
    Side Of Bacon
    Staff Of Defense
    Mail Of The Questioner
    Neophyte Of Time
    Armor Of Doubt
    Armor Of Pain
    Stone Of Boiling Thoughts
    Staff Of Flames
    Tome Of The Withering Source
    Club Of Wrath
    Medallion Of The Unnamed Saint
    Demon Charm Of The 1st Circle
    Hard To Pin Down
    Crown Of Thorns
    Robes Of Forgetfulness
    Shield Of Inertia
    Armor Of Cleansing
    Cursed Talisman Of Extension
    Staff Of Pain
    Robe Of Lightness
    Demon Charm Of The 2nd Circle

If there are any other items/cards that don't work correctly with the card and item forum bbcode, feel free to let me know and I'll fix them ASAP.

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Thank you very much ! :)

6. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

It's actually just shared hosting over on Dreamhost that I had for a personal website that doesn't exist anymore. So don't worry too much about crashing it: you wouldn't end up nuking anything else I was hosting, and I figure it'd be easy enough to give a swift kick if it goes down. :)

Since it's shared hosting, however, and not a dedicated server, it'll likely be a little slow. If that becomes a long-term problem, I can see about upgrading.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, Phaselock, I went ahead and made you an admin on the wiki. I'm surprised I hadn't done that already. I'm clearly getting old. :p

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

not worth the bling if devs are going to port the wiki... :)

GOOD GOD ! You just tripled my to-do list with 1 sentence...that was a critical dice roll ! :p

edit: admin =/= sysop...whew ! :D

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Phase, do you have a list of the Items that have changed in the last build(s) such as Stinging Staff?

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Nope. In 2 minds right now so I moved to working on templates, might restart after the latest wave of changes stabilize...

Changelog (24th Jan 2013)

Boost cards updated: Kindler
    Drawback cards updated: Ouch!

Weapon updated: Rusty Pick, Rickety Polearm, Silver Rapier
    Staff updated: Carved Staff
    Divine Armor updated: Mail of Righteous Anger, Blessed Ring Shirt
    Helm updated: Wimp's Winged Helm
    Shield updated: Deflecting Buckler
    Divine items updated: Berzerker's Bones, Talisman of Ill-Fate

Arcane Skill updated: Apprentice Fireblinker, Novice Pyromancy, Novice Teleporter
    Divine skills updated: Holy Presence
    Human skill updated: Reckless Battlefacing
    Elf skill updated: Novice Battledancing

Artwork updated: Stab, Shifty Stab, Strong Stab, Predictable Stab, Able Stab, Fiery Stab

Template improvements: items should now come with card images where available.
    Expect more improvements.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Went thru the wiki cos I was checking on the item templates and went thru balance changes. I'd be crazy to ever to do this manually again...

Item balance changes (post beta build 1.6):

Blazing Shortsword: unc -> epic, Burning Fingers -> Clumsy Chop
    Blistering Spear: unc -> rare
    Flaming Sword: unc -> epic
    Possessed Dagger: com -> rare
    Etched Zapstaff -> Etched Sparkstaff
    Stinging Staff: Staggering Blow -> Able Bash
    Crusty Helm: com -> rare, Thickened Mail -> Hardy Mail, Resistant Hide -> Reliable Mail
    Hide Cap: Resistant Hide -> Thick Hide Armor
    Welk's Helm: Horned Plates -> All Out Attack
    Wyvern Hide Helmet: lvl 9 -> 6, Resistant Hide -> Quick Reactions, Resistant Hide -> Thick Hide Armor
    Brass Sparking Wand -> Brass Wand
    Wooden Spark Wand -> Wooden Zapping Wand
    Novice Teleporter: rare->com
    Untrained Mobility: Run/Shuffle/Shuffle -> Shift, Team!/Slowed/Obvious Maneuver
    Aggression: com->rare, Weak Chop -> Blind Rage
    Apprentice Aggression: com->rare, Weak Chop -> Blind Rage
    Apprentice Intimidation: lvl 6 -> 9, Weak Chop -> Jarring Block
    Apprentice Resilience: com -> unc, Weak Chop -> Weakened Armor
    Intimidation: lvl 6/unc -> lvl 9/ rare, Simple Strike -> War Cry
    Novice Ferocity: War Cry/Charge/Dangerous Maneuver -> Charge/Charge/Flimsy Block
    Novice Intimidation: com -> unc, Weak Chop -> Weakened Armor
    Resilience: lvl 6 -> 7, Weak Chop -> Mail
    Trained Aggression: lvl 6 -> 9, Weak Chop -> Jarring Block
    Trained Ferocity: Charge -> War Cry
    Untrained Ferocity: War Cry/Dangerous Maneuver/Dangerous Maneuver -> Charge/Charge/Obvious Maneuver
    Untrained Persistence: com -> unc, Run/Walk/Obvious Maneuver -> Hit the Deck/Weakened Armor/Obvious Maneuver

Deleted: Evasive Robes, Spiked Wooden Shield, Spiked Tin Shield, Chain of the Hot Spark, Shielding Ring, Bronze Coins, Rough Peridot
    Added: Heavy Tin Shield, Heavy Wooden Shield, Penetrating Chain, Orange Ring

11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Thanks for that list, Phase. Now going through my party builds dropping lots of items... :(

12. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

Mail of Righteous Anger and Talisman of Ill-Fate have redirects to work with forum bbcode tags.

Rock on! I was gonna work on this, but you beat me to it. Glad it's done though, it's a huge improvement.

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

For those following the wiki and wondering about progress updates, we are currently working on botscripts and a site revamp. All prior data input were tests for assessing template deficiencies and data portability. As manual entry rates could not catch up with build changes, it was inevitable we'd have to resort to automated data entry solutions.

Apologies to those who went out of their way to collect item/card data for the wiki, you have my gratitude and sincere thanks. Once the new site is ready, we'd like to invite entries for party builds, PvE/PvP guides and the such to match game release. Hope it helps. :)

14. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I believe "yay" is the correct response.

15. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Thank goodness! I was putting off uploading of all of the new swag from the "Pizza Chest Overload" session.

16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

So for dummies like me what does this mean no reason to keep items?

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Changelog (5/2/2012)

Shield updated: Rusty Buckler
    Divine items updated: Incense Of The Caged Demon
    Arcane items updated: Carnelian Mirror
    Boot updated: Boots Of The Crab, Crazy Fast Boots, Misenchanted Plate Boots, Quickling Boots, Magic Monkey Boots, Rusty Monkey Boots, Glowing Sandals, Hyperactive Boots, Soft Boots, Charging Boots, Off-Balance Boots, Crafted Boots, Pirouetting Boots
    Shields updated: Warrior's Shield, Impetuous Shield, Simple Wooden Shield, Tiny Buckler, Iron Banded Shield, Heavy Dueler's Shield, Shivering Shield, Shield Of Deflection, Oval Shield, Maple Shield, Versatile Shield, Bronze Buckler, Bullseye Shield, Battered Buckler, Weighted Shield

We are still testing item botscripts but boots and shields up to lvl 10 are in. Jayce is the volunteer responsible, send him your thanks.

Item template now subcategorizes by <rarity><itemtype>, accepts Legendary items.

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Yes, there is no reason to keep generic items. Nevertheless, there are two things I'm constantly looking for that we still need for the wiki tests.

a) Talent beads other than the circles and squares. We do not know if the third talent pip exist in beta.
    b) Cards with triple AAA quality, ie, titlebars above emerald. If you do have such cards, pls PM me with screenshots, thanks.

19. Korisi

Korisi Kobold

Is there anything a non-beta tester can help with on this?

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

As of now, we have 1 non-beta tester (who has programming know-how) helping with the wiki and that's about all the help we need from non-betas. Once the game is released, guides on adventures/monsters/builds will be sorely needed from the community. You'll bet we'll need need help on this. Hope it helps. :)