Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Something you need to remember is that balancing things is a lot of work and the devs don't bother even trying with cards that aren't available to players (especially with ones that aren't even available to monsters). For example, on the live server Accelerate Time is currently Bronze Common, and that's going to be very different when EttSC goes live.

Magic Elves and Flaxative like this.
  2. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

Token of Impenetrable Madness
    If I am not mistaken it would be a token-less divine item. Currently 1hp quests are much more difficult than others so I wish we get something helpful.

3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I would not mind that staff of smashing (I think The Bejeweled Staff of the Magus might be a better name), but I would not mind this arcane item:

1 Winds of War
    1 Path of Knives
    1 Dissolve Armor

That's just a minor token arcane item, right? It would be level 15, if I'm doing my math correctly.
    And I would use 12 of them.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

We need more items with Illusory Barrier because of the 1 hp quests, currently we only have 1 rare(a bad one at that), 2 epics(unfortunately both requires a major which you don't have at the Garnet Demon Portal), and 2 legendaries (1 of them requires majors) with that card. So here is a bunch of items with it.

Illusory Barrier(7), Forgetfulness(6), Force Cannon(3). Level 16[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Rare.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Gusts Of War(9)(Revised), Force Bolt(-1). Level 15[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Rare.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Magma Spray(1), Ember Spray(0). Level 7, Arcane Item, Rare.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Arcane Spray(3), Arcane Feedback(-3). Level 7, Arcane Item, Rare.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Big Zap(1), Zap(0). Level 8, Arcane Item Rare.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Forgetfulness(6), Telekinesis(3). Level 16[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Epic.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Cone Of Cold(6), Force Cannon(3). Level 16[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Epic.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Illusory Barrier(7), Force Cannon(3). Level 17[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Epic.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Illusory Barrier(7), Telekinesis(3). Level 17[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Legendary.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Illusory Barrier(7), Illusory Barrier(7), Arcane Spray(3), Pushback Parry(1), Pushback Parry(1). Level 13[​IMG] [​IMG] , Staff, Epic.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Illusory Barrier(7), Chilling Rime(3), Chilling Rime(3), Chilling Rime(3), Cold Snap(3). Level 13[​IMG] [​IMG] , Staff, Rare.
    Illusory Barrier(7), Illusory Barrier(7), Cone Of Cold(6), Cone Of Cold(6), Frost Jolt(6), Chilling Rime(3). Level 17.5[​IMG] [​IMG] , Staff, Epic.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

@Flaxative : The Staff of Smashing is not possible, since Obliterating Bludgeon is only viable on weapons, right? Alltough it is funny the card quality of that bludgeon is only silver for wizards.

My favourite shield would be:
    Defender's Block (9), Defender's Block (9), Traveling Curse (-3)/1 = lvl15 (minortoken) or
    Defender's Block (9), Defender's Block (9), Backbiting Strike (-3)/1 = lvl15 (minortoken)

@Juxtapostion
    Instead of the Shish Kabob with just stab attacks I would prefer:
    Impaling Stab (10), Impaling Stab (10), Nimble Strike (6), Nimble Strike (6), Nimble Strike (6). Obvious Maneuver (-3) = 35 /2 = lvl 17,5 (majortoken)(minortoken) or maybe
    Impaling Stab (10), Impaling Stab (10), Fiery Stab (5), Nimble Strike (6), Nimble Strike (6). Obvious Maneuver (-3) = 34 /2 = lvl 17 (majortoken)(minortoken)

Until then I will just use the Double-edged Sword: :)
    Impaling Stab (10), Impaling Stab (10), Potent Stab (7), Dancing Cut (5), Dancing Cut (5), Backbiting Strike (-3) = 34 /2 = lvl 17 (majortoken)(minortoken)

Btw. It is funny (or logical), that the most used items are that ones, which are the borderline ones. Like the Sword above or Coutious Mobility with Elvish Manouvers (3), Elvish Manouvers (3) and Scouting Run (2) = lvl 8 and therefor the maximum for a tokenless racial skill. The alternative to Scouting Run (2) would only be Cautious Sneak (2). A Wild Run (1) could also be preferable. ;)
    Allthough not only the borderline items are the desirable, since the ones with cards which are underrated, like Dangerous Maneuver (0) on Hawkind's Moccasins: Escaping Run (6), Dangerous Maneuver (0), Dangerous Maneuver (0) = lvl 6. You could argument, it could be worse, like Dash, Team! (8), Dangerous Maneuver (0), Dangerous Maneuver (0) = lvl 8.
    Or like Blind Rage (0) on Raging Battler: Reliable Mail (6), Blind Rage (0), Blind Rage (0) = lvl 6. And also there it could be worse, like: Barbed Platemail (8), Blind Rage (0), Blind Rage (0) = lvl 8.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Logical is right :)
    Part of why I love Diamond Moccasins.

When I'm starting a new build I usually go straight for the L8 and L17 items. :)

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The rarity of items has a not too simple formula.
    The rarity of 3-card items are as follows:
    3 rares makes a legendary
    2 rares makes an epic
    1 rare makes a rare
    2 (or more) uncommons makes an uncommon
    3 of a card makes it a rarity higher than the item would otherwise be
    Else it is a common

The rarity of 6-card items are as follows:
    5 (or more) rares makes a legendary
    3 rares makes an epic
    1 rare makes a rare
    3 uncommons makes an uncommon
    6 of a card makes it two rarities higher than the item would otherwise be instead (Ignore the next line if this line applies)
    4 of a card makes it a rarity higher than the item would otherwise be
    Else it is a common

(Obviously if the item meets multiple conditions then it is the highest rarity of the conditions met)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    FDrybob and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  8. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

The formula for the rarity is interesting, but not accurate. My beloved Double-edged Sword has 1 rare, but is uncommon. Or did you mean exactly 1 rare? And because it does not have exactly 1 rare the 3 umcommon claus fits? The Thick Iron Club does have 3 rares and is only common. Not epic as you stated.

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Double-edged Sword has 4 uncommons and 2 commons.
    Thick Iron Club has 6 commons
    And no I did not mean exactly 1 rare I meant 1 or more rares and this hidden 'or more' applies to everything in that post if that wasn't clear with my '(or more)'s
    BTW: the border does not represent the rarity it represents the rating so the gold border represents a high rating. A level 18 item can have 2 gold border cards and a paper border card or a level 15 item can have 2 silver cards and a bronze card. The rarity is represented by the letter on the bottom right of the image saying either C or U or R representing common or uncommon or rare respectively.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Never paid attention to that one. So the quality has impact on the level of the item to prevent players having too many good cards on one character. And the rarity of the cards has an impact on the rarity of the item, what makes sence in order to limit the use of some cards.

would be epic.

would be epic.

would be epic, since Fiery Stab is rare. So a Potent Stab would not make the item much worse, but lower the quality to rare. Interesting. Guess since Fiery Stab adds potential fire damage to a melee character this is reasonable.

An similar reason is having Nimble Strike beeing rare while Dancing Cut is Uncommon. Nimble Strike breaks much more the rules through adding flying to a melee character just by an attack.

This also explains why the Axe of Dark Soul with all the great cards is just uncommon and it so much more easy to assemble a build with Unholly Wellspring than with Savage Curse. Interesting.

11. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

upload_2015-6-2_16-15-57.png upload_2015-6-2_16-15-57.png upload_2015-6-2_16-15-57.png upload_2015-6-2_16-19-35.png upload_2015-6-2_16-19-35.png upload_2015-6-2_16-17-2.png

HAHA-AAHH!
    Lvl 18 Legendairy
    (majortoken)(majortoken)

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Accent and Flaxative like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

But the question is ... would you run that item?

Juxtapostion likes this.
  14. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Dude it might be epic. But its definitely legend...
    wait for it...
    wait for it...
    Dairy!

15. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

;)

16. Accent

Accent Hydra

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

18. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

All my ideas are warrior centric. Maybe I will think up a priest item eventually....

Long Handled Ax
    Epic Lvl 11 (minortoken)(minortoken)
    Polearm Slash (10), Strong Hack (3), Strong Hack (3), Strong Hack (3), Parry (3), Pushback Parry (1)
    Or
    Polearm Slash (10), Polearm Slash (10), Strong Hack (3), Hack (0), Pushback Parry (1), Pushback Parry (1)
    Technically option 2 is lvl 12.5

Tapering Cleaver
    Rare Lvl 18 (majortoken)(majortoken)
    Mighty Hack (9), Mighty Hack (9), Powerful Hack (6), Powerful Hack (6), Strong Hack (3), Strong Hack (3)

Club of Consistency
    Rare Lvl 18 (majortoken)(majortoken)
    6x Powerful Bludgeon (6)
    I am guessing the reason you don't see more 6x card weapons and staffs is that they are incredibly boring

Raging Rapier of Running
    Rare Lvl 12 (minortoken)(minortoken)
    Dancing Cut (6), Dancing Cut (6), Dancing Cut (6), Dancing Cut (6), Pushback Parry (1), Pushback Parry (1) Blind Rage (0), Blind Rage (0)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Pushback parry has a rating of 1 not 0.
    Running Rapier would be a rare because it has 4 of the same uncommon.
    Everything else is correct except the Running Rapier's level because of the pushback parry.
    Level 13 (items not to be confused with 13.5) use 2 minors(blues).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  20. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Oh thanks for catching that. I checked the others but forgot about Pushback Parry. Back to the drawing board!