[Suggestion] Secret Guild Forums

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Vakaz, May 31, 2015.

1. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

So quick idea, which may or may not be feasible based on how the Xenforo software works.

I think it would be both neat and helpful to have secret guild forums for individual guilds. I'm not sure how other larger guilds are keeping up with one another outside of their respective forum thread/pming, but for PoF it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep everyone (discretely) in the loop due to the 5 person limit on forum PM's.

I've heard that Kongregate has guild forums, but I'm not sure about trying to get all guild members to use Kong just for that feature. Have any other guilds been using it?

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Xenforo does allow secret forums (the EttSC board currently has 40 threads), but it would have to be hosted on Farbs' site since this one doesn't know who is in which guild. Which would mean a third account to link together.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Kong does have guild forums and SRC has used them a bit but they're kind of dead.

I talked to Jon a while back about making guild leaders a special user type on the forums who can send PMs to more than 5 users. He seemed into that. Seems unwieldy still, though. I think I have the permissions to change guild leaders' forum accounts in this way if anyone wants, but maybe I should check again with @Jon.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Sounds like you would have to watch for changes in guild leaderships and new guilds. But maybe it won't be too much work if you ignore one person guilds.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nah, I'd turn it on for guild leaders if they ask me to turn it on, and I'd turn it off if it turned out they were spamming. Seems simple enough.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I would very much welcome a higher number then 3 in the already exisiting teamchat function. I know its meant as prep-function for coop, so the limit of 3 makes sense in that regard, but maybe those who are invited after the initial 3 still can teamchat while being ignored when it comes to starting a coop-game. Not every player is active at the forums.

7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

So is @Jon cool with this? I for one would really appreciate this feature.