[Prizes] Pizza Rewards for Guild Seasons!

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 6, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Thats a thing now?

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

It was nearly a thing because a disbanded guild very nearly qualified for a prize last season.
    But then they didn't, so the issue is not so important right now.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If they're ever going to do a 1-day season, this is the day to do it.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Valid participation in the season really should be bound to more activity conditions. if not membercount per se, then I propose a one-game-a-day-rule to stay in the run, that would end those sparsly playing 1-3-player guilds and encourage guilds to grow and cultivate a healthy playerbase.
    Cant be that a guild almost goes instable for inactivity and still has his ass parked on the podium.

5. Farbs

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think it's time to adjust the rating calculations. I don't mind someone winning with a solo guild if they play a lot, but they really ought to play a lot and not just quite a bit.

In the May 2015 season inter-guild points will be reduced to 1/4 their current amount. This skews ratings closer to ( games won - games lost ), which any guild can grind up with a lot of matches provided their win rate is > 50%. Effectively this should reward # of games more than the current system, but still also reward relative skill to some degree.

If this is successful we'll keep it, otherwise I might try another adjustment for the seasons that follow.

Robauke, CT5, Merdis and 2 others like this.
  6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

it just occured to me that i will never get out of my immensely negative guild contribution (total) with this, but i am willing to pay that price.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The good news is your seasonal contribution starts at 0 tomorrow just like everyone else's ;)

8. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

This month has been much more competitive and I want to congratulate all the fantastic guilds that competed this month

Bandreus, Robauke, CT5 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

But just saying 3 of the top 6 guilds are one person guilds

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

A new prize season begins!

Say hello to Maysoleum.

11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

And the Knaves shoot up! For how long i wonder?

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Til the others take over our modell.

13. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

Just a comment on the new system, I like the idea, to make guild vs guild matches cost less, but a member in our 27th ranked guild beat a member of the first ranked guild and we only got 5 points for it, I realize it was jsut a regular win and not a blitz, but with a guild rank disparity like that it was a little disheartening to see that. Don't know if that was part of what you want changed or not, just a little insight in case it was an overlook to possibly tweak the system a little bit going forward.

Overall I do like the new system putting value on the non guild matches, and rewarding teams for a combination of good activity and win rate,but one aspect I did like in the old system was how points were worth more depending on how big the gap was between the two sides. I realize with the 1/4 point reduction that this was going to be sacrificed by the same amount also. Just kind of sucks when I see a member of the first place guild beating a 25th(at the time i looked, could have been in different positions when the match happened, but was within 30mins when I looked) ranked guild and getting 3 points

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  14. Farbs

That's very interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

Since you're only ~100 points apart it's not surprising that the range of points you can win is so low, and I expect the range to increase over the course of the month as the pack spreads out. That said, the pack is spreading out a little slower than usual due to the changes, so some adjustments might be necessary for the next month. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

MathuranF likes this.
  15. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

A battle is fought by players not by guilds .. a 1st ranked guild can have low-elo player as much as 25th ranked guild can have a high rated player .. what if a 1700+ elo player from 25th ranked guild fights a 1300 elo player from 1st ranked guild?

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

He looses an excessive amount of pts, 50+ guild pts in the old system, as experienced by the knaves on the last day of Abrrril. Felt like a random event, sabotage by a third party with no stake in the endgame. Whatever it is in the new toned down system, its a welcome step in the right direction.

Merdis likes this.
  17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

This is precisely why it's not a problem in my mind. The difference between top and bottom guilds previously was around 500 points, a (non-blitz) win by a bottom guild member usually would have been worth in the ballpark of 25 points which would have been 1/20 of the difference between the two guilds (the same ratio as 5/100 that you have now). So that means that it would take just as many guild v. guild wins previously as it does in the new system to catch the top guild; the difference is now it takes fewer guild v. non-guild games to catch the top place.

This has always been a problem in the old and new system, the new system at least lessens the effect of it.

Merdis likes this.
  18. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

That makes sense, just saw something I wasn't accustomed to seeing with the scaled down numbers and with a new system being implemented, I just wanted to make sure it was working as it was intended.

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

So far I really like the new system. I feel that it rewards playing more where the old system rewarded not playing for any guild that had gained a substantial amount of points in a season. Now it feels like overall I can reliably expect that the more I play the more I'll help my guild rather than risking all the hard earned points every time I queue. Obviously this makes me more motivated to play where before I was less motivated the further into each season we got.

Pawndawan, Rainingrecon and Merdis like this.
  20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmm, this just happened:
    @Farbs, would it be possible to put a minimum floor on scores for guild v. guild matches (I'm thinking 2 pts for normal 4 pts for a blitz). It just seems weird that the guild v. guild system can drop all the way down so that the points are the same as they are for non-guild matches.