Deck building: berserker elfs!

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Ervinx, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

you'll get a 1200 to 1400 elo if all your elf warriors have these items.

1. one Spear of Dancing
    2. one Red Jon's Boots or Mouse Boots
    3. two Rageblood Dagger
    4. one Shield of the Frog
    5. one Sharp Bashing
    6. one Cautious Mobility
    7. one Sergeant's Cap
    8. one Tough Hide Shirt
    this will help you avoid those stupid volcano cards, and path of knifes and fire trait effect as long as they don't have different types of fire cards. spears, punishing bolts an so on. if you got a comment let me know.

doog37 and Flaxative like this.
  2. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Hmmm... well Mouse Boots and Cautious Mobility are great. Sergeant's cap is good for 0 token although I would consider a Crusty Helm if you have it (extra trait and reliable mail). Shield of the Frog is underrated (but step back is horrible at times) and 2 Ragebloods can get you in trouble with the raging strikes, but a high utility weapon for 2B.
    Not sure why you wouldn't go with Novice Impaling, unless you want to have extra traits or have a use for basher. I prefer less traits (in terms of variety) if you will have a buff priest, but more can help to push off negative attachments, ever so slightly.
    I would go differently than the Tough Hide Shirt for an armor costing a token, considering you could afford a (majortoken), but Thick Hide Armor is underrated and hybrid cards are almost always a good move. Actually I might dust off my Tough Hide Shirt the next time I have a warrior to build.

But then you have a Spear of Dancing... 15 points of damage on a 2 token weapon. 2 Gold blocks that are awesome, but man that is a warrior that lacks any real punch seeing how the rageblood is a low damage weapon as well (nothing higher than 7 points). Can this work with a Buff Priest? Yes Does it have all of the hallmarks of a good build 2 for 3 with a plus?

My theory is that all builds need to balance between offense, defense and mobility (within and across the 3 characters). This has great mobility (although I might consider armored boots to increase the frequency you draw a step attack from Elf Mobility), it has nice defense from a variety of means, but offense... I don't know, it is lacking. You can kill someone with a bunch of 7 point attacks (especially buffed) and it makes you care less about blocks since everything is about the same, but you have a total of 15 attacks and 6 traits meaning a 50% chance that any card drawn is an attack, which is low. Then half of those attacks are suspect (2 raging strikes, 2 Pen. cuts, 2 lunging thrusts and 2 dancing strikes) and it leaves you lacking on the ability to kill. This can be effective since it is playing against expectations, no one expects the low damage warrior, but I just see a situation where you need a kill and you just can't get it.

I would consider replacing the spear of dancing (or maybe one of the daggers) with a double edged sword or Bejeweled (you should have plenty of Y tokens).

3. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

sorry but if were you i won't recommend Crusty Helm, Novice Impaling, double edged sword or Bejeweled it maybe a 50% chance but all you really need to is how to counter attacks with this build jumpback maybe bad if you only have one also if you don't want yo risk rageblood you can always use sharp spectrum it may not seem like much but if you are smart enough you can take out the whole team. so. try it out first and then tell me how it works.

4. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

Crazy aggro deck, but little stopping it from killing itself or being negated by armor cards!
    Running 1 priest could be great for utility, etc. Alternatively, having 1 warrior with high-damage attacks and maybe Bashes could be nice. Also, using tokens on each warrior's armor, helm, shield and boots could prove really useful. I've ran 3 elves more than anything else I've played in pvp, and it's all about doing enough damage through the enemy's Armor, not investing TOO much in mobility, and knowing where to draw the line regarding overall squishiness. Considering this build is all about inherent mobility anyway (3 freakin' Elves), you'll probably find most of your luck with extremely heavy damage weapons over Rageblood Dagger. MIGHT I SUGGEST BEJEWELED SHORTSWORD? :trollface: :kappa: :trollface:

TL;DR 3 elf warriors are too squishy to not have quality workarounds for melee combat and opponents' armor cards. Plenty of quality penetration cards, a handful of armor shredding cards or some high raw damage cards would work best; low damage in melee range is best left outside of PvP simply (and sadly) because so many high damage cards and good armor cards exist.

...Typing this has made me realize why I dislike high-damage cards and quality armor cards so much.

Regarding high-damage cards, all that matters for your win if you have them is whether you have a single turn within range and LOS of someone that you can hit for 10+ for each 10+ attack card you have. Even among their 3 characters, any team will only have so much in health and blocks. I should know, I used to run a team of elves that had a dozen Penetrating Stabs and everything imaginable that could make that card seem as broken as possible.

As for quality armor cards (and weaker armor cards for that matter), they completely invalidate weaker, non-Penetrating attacks. I believe that Level 18+ gameplay has a severely limited item pool solely because of these two types of cards. I would love to see the developers to work on this (perhaps double everyone's health and increase the damage on all damage cards by less than x2, just for example).

5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

First of all...
    indicates that you were looking for feedback, if not please ignore.

Understand that I've been playing for quite a while and I was giving suggestions not telling you it doesn't work. I will look for you next time I am on (which is not often lately) and we can see how well this works, I promise I won't change my build to try to counter, if you want see how good this is against a veteran player.

It has a lot of good features and without understanding how it would fit with other characters it is an idea for a character but it don't mean a thing without knowing what other characters you have.
    The issue with Jumpback is not the number of them (shield of the frog is a great play right now and 3+ with keep is powerful) but the fact that you have no choice, not to mention it can rarely move you out of LoS for a spell but can move you out of range. When the maps change Jumpback might be a bad play.
    I think you mean Sharp Spetum, which I used to love but for 2Y I'd rather have a Bejeweled, although the Devastatings does combo nicely with Scouting.
    Still not sure why you wouldn't want Novice Impaling. It is refreshing to see someone go with something other than Bejeweled or double edge even if it is still the highly popular rageblood.

Good luck and seriously don't think anyone ever has a monopoly on good ideas.

6. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

i've been here as long as you have kid so don't think of me as the rest of the noobs. also i do know what kind of characters i have why else would i use elfs? so it does mean a thing to me. other than that i got a plan B like dancer's dagger. i choose spear of dancing cause of one thing: pushbacks and distance. that's all.

7. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

bejeweled sword is for pussyes kid. power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely. also. i'll use dancer's dagger. so the olny thing i have to worry about is youlti armor if i don't have my manuvers trait.

8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Wow it's been a while since I've been called kid... thanks! If you don't want feedback, just say so. I happen to like some of what you posted but I disagree about others. I'm not a top 100 player, but I've been ranked in top 100 and have a top 100 win streak, so I feel like I know what I am talking about enough to disagree.

Not sure why you feel the need to be nasty, Bejeweled is a great weapon, high damage 2 step attacks and easily obtainable (especially now that you can buy level 18 items in the store). Maneuvers is a a great trait but there are obvious weaknesses to having mostly low power attacks. It seems like you don't understand the point of having a forum. I won't bother you again... kid

9. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

100 win streak you are such a liar i know you lose sometime besides you won like that cause you fight weak players, kid. so yes don't give me feedback ever again. if you see a downfall to my strategy ok?

10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Please don't call me a liar because you failed to understand what I wrote. I have a top 100 win streak see: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/beststreakleaderboard.php
    I went from mid 1300s to high 1500s over the 14 wins. I'm sure you understand how difficult that is with a max win streak of 6.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ooookay while this is kind of entertaining to watch, be sure not to get too aggravated ... kids ;)

12. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I'm sorry :(... but he started it! :p

13. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

GO TO HELL!:mad:(ultimatetoken)

14. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

GO TO HELL!:mad:(ultimatetoken)

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Okay the buck stops here. Calm down and stop yelling at people / insulting them.