[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, we've got the bunchest!

CKaz and CT5 like this.
  2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Today has been an extra awesome day of sorcerery so far - please welcome our five newest members, @CKaz, @zilchflame, @DarkGospel, @plztryagain, and @michsak1!

Also, a big welcome back to some of our older Sorcererers, @KarbonKhan, @illkkill, and @Inkfingers!

Finally, @3beaner and @Ghostbrain are really tearing it up this season! Good stuff.

Looking forward to more :D

Also, remember, this is a great place to discuss builds and what not too! We're all here to help.

Speaking of helping, @Rainingrecon, I don't have good advice for Wicked Waterways. I only tried the league once and played two matches, going 1-1. I used Nimble Strike to fly onto the middle island and camp + kill other people that showed up. =/

3. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

It's good to be back!

@Rainingrecon On the Wicked Waterways thing: The most successful builds I've played in WW have been 2 Wiz 1 Priest setups focusing on having Teleport effects (via various Telekinesis-granting items on the wizards, and Teleport Self via Greenguard Boots on all three characters). My priest was set up mainly to buff with Savage Curse and Mass Frenzy, with a little purge thrown in to counter burn effects or opposed buffing by my foes. I was fortunate enough to have access to a Rapier Of Misfortune, which let my priest have a little bit of self-move to get to the center, plus the Fiery Stab is very nice, with it's Range 2 allowing me to strike over water. I also ran a Spellstriper Relic - I cannot overstate the power of Burst to reach around corners or one square further into Smoke Bombs. Finally, because my priest was running almost no Holy cards or healing, I ran Novice Ablution for an extra tokenless Purge.

My wizard's staves are where a good chunk of my tokens went. Each wizard has a Whorl, with their second staff being filled by the most powerful burst-card staves I have (in my case, Searing Pain and Staff Of Embers). Flash Of Agony is nice, due to it's lack of a range, and the ease of controlling sightlines on this map. . I went with Yellowdrake Robes, because it's tokenless, both armors are likely to come up, and the handicap, while bad, still helps significantly with deck-thinning. Because Wizards dominate this battlefield, having a Smoke Bomb or two to break LoS is not a bad idea either. Smoke Pin is a great item that gives you three useful cards for this format - making sure that between your wizards you have at least one or two equipped isn't a bad idea. That said, don't over-invest in Smoke Pin - it's useful, but ultimately won't win you the game.

Dwarves are really powerful on this map, because you hardly ever need to move more than two squares without a teleport or fly effect, though I could easily see a human being viable due to the card-cycling that they offer via Leadership or self-draw effects. Dwarven Toughness is hard to beat, though.
    My strategy is usually to try and avoid my enemies direct LoS, to dodge powerful lightning attacks, and try to wait until I can leapfrog my wizards into central positions while my Priest provides Buff/Purge support.

Hopefully that helps!

4. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Did somebody say a bunch of peeps?
    [​IMG]

5. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

maybe I need to use 'a bunch of peeps' as my catch phrase! lol
    [and borrow that image? haha]

'...so then I was surrounded by A BUNCH OF PEEPS..!' upload_2015-4-17_14-8-29.png

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  6. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

So this forum - and even this thread then eh? I will try not to overload/overspam then hehe.
    I'm always tinkering away.. but to verify, no 'Sorc specific secret strategic' card chat spot? :D

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No worries on that front. We're hardly legalists here ;)

Not currently, no.

:)

8. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

I'm not the guy to ask, it was the first result on a Google image search for "Peeps boquet" :)

ParodyKnaveBob and CKaz like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

How's CT5 treating y'all?

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Far better then that last guy.

11. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

I wish people had two name handles.

Then could add something like
    Robauke 'Ray of Sunshine' ________

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Indeed. Something somewhat like that. In a sense.

13. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

We are now back up to 91 members with @Panzerking! Welcome!

Rainingrecon, Flaxative and Pawndawan like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

15. Panzerking

Panzerking Kobold

Thanks for letting me join! Are the guild events announced here or at the homepage?

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

For the most part, all CH events are announced on the Loot Fairy Tracker (http://sorcererers.dotq.org/loot-fairy.php) by way of the SRC News page (http://sorcererers.dotq.org/news/). We haven't had many guild-specific events recently but maybe CT5 will change that. We also encourage our members to start stuff if they have ideas. Basically every contest, tournament, etc., that's ever happened in Card Hunter has been player-run.

CKaz and CT5 like this.
  17. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Yes, please share ideas! I'm bad with ideas =x
    SRC only co-op? Guild vs guild co-op? Co-op Quick Draw? I dunno. None of those were terribly imaginative, haha.

Hmm, since I like watching people play, maybe I'll just randomly record you guys, if that's ok? Would be fun to discuss builds, too.

And while I'm here, have a Quick Draw match + spectate a game of @Pawndawan:

Pawndawan likes this.
  18. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Thanks for sharing the video. I don't mind random recordings but I don't promise to play always even half as good as I did in that game. Also, it was nice to hear my nick pronounced by a native English speaker. :p

You got really lucky with the buffed up Obliterating Chop. :)

Regarding the handicaps in your QD match. I really like Demonic Miasma, especially if you don't have to chase down anybody or run away and you can just keep it in your hand and draw the premium cards. Dropped Guard is good too, but especially against many wizards, I might not pick it and hope to draw some good armour cards. It also eliminates Cause Fumble which is pretty good, but obviously not as good as the Impenetrable Nimbus.

Like Miasma, same goes for Slowed, I'd pick it over Vulnerable. Mail vs. Wounded Block was interesting. If I'd picked Slowed (+ Dash), Wounded Block would've been my choice. With Vulnerable it's tougher choice as you say.

CT5 likes this.
  19. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

I've been pondering the idea of a Quick Draw tournament, with maps using the Melvin tileset, so they'd be Cardstock pickup games, all drawn on the same size template of the dry erase map.

20. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Yeah, once I realized why you were keeping the Miasma in hand, it all made sense! Very smart. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind in the future :)

Wouldn't Vulnerable make Wounded Block a much higher priority? Vulnerable helps get you in the <50% HP range -> makes Wounded Block good. /shrug
    Wounded Block is probably better than Mail in general, honestly haha. Bad pick there on my part :p