Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Because Forgetfulness is a silver= card, Silence should be a silver+ card. Blind should only apply to cards that requires targeting excluding moves of course, and should have duration 1.

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

Double Layered Mail: Armor 2. Keep. 4+. Armor 2 this ignores penetrating. Keep. 4+

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. Captain Awesome

Trampoline Shield: block melee +3 When this card blocks an attack deal the damage that would've been dealt to you to your opponent

Kornl, ParodyKnaveBob and doog37 like this.
  4. Captain Awesome

Barbed Net: burst 1 range 4 3 damage and encumber 3

5. Captain Awesome

Crawl: trait. encumber 2 add 2 to any block die rolls

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think Double Layered Mail should have 2 texts, the first being the regular mail and the second being able to reduce penetrating attacks both with a roll of 4+. So it would look like this: Armor 2. Keep. 4+. Armor 2 this ignores penetrating. Keep. 4+. Barbed net should be more like the entangling net, with encumber 3 instead.

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Holy Smokes (on Divine Items, Utility): Smoke bomb, but burst 1, duration 1 (Silver)
    Mystical Aura (on Elf Skill, Armor): Immunity from Magic damage (Gold)
    False Move (on Boots, Move) Move 3, Halt D1 (halt after move) (Paper)
    Ice Armor (Heavy/Divine Armor, Armor): Armor 4, 2+ does not prevent Fire Damage (still triggers and is lost to fire attacks) (Bronze)
    Berzerker's Charge (Boots or Human Skill, Move): Move 4 linear, At the end of the move, if there is a character in the next square, Character discards all blocks in hand. (Silver+)
    Second Strike (Weapon, attack) Damage 4 Range 1, If blocked character's turn doesn't end (Gold)
    Mystic Stab (Weapon or Elf Skill, Attack/Block) Damage 6 Range 2, Block Magic/Missile 3+ (Silver+)
    Mankind's Choice (Human Skill, Assist): All Humans may discard up to one card and then draw a card is a discard is made. Free Draw. Cantrip (Gold)
    Mulligan (Human Skill, Utility): Discard entire hand and then draw the same number of cards. (Bronze)
    Vampirism (Divine Weapon, Assist): For each point of damage your next Melee Attack does, Heal 1 While this card is attached when you take Fire damage, add 3 to that damage, Duration 1, Range 3 (Silver)
    Harpoon AKA Get Over Here (Weapon, Attack) Damage 4 range 2, pull (push) character 1, (Silver)

I could probably do this all day, but here are a few to consider.

tolkien and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. Astropsica

Astropsica Kobold

Not sure if anyone actually looks at this, but what about a trait card that converts heal cards into damage cards. The trait could have a negative effect to the user, such as take 2 unpreventable dmg per heal spell you cast, etc. But it could be pretty potent with the multi heals, the area removals that heal, and the big heal 8 card.

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I don't think it would need an additional cost because heals generally heal less than attacks deal, but certain cards would be OP like misguided heal and soothing darkness.

EDIT: Don't forget that soothing darkness also applies encumber 1.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  10. Astropsica

Astropsica Kobold

Well if they put a 2 turn limit on it, and you cast soothing darkness on an enemy, they would take the dmg for 2 turns and then on the 3rd turn that soothing darkness is applied, they would be healed, because the trait would go away. I think it could be pretty well balanced if done right. It would add another aspect to the game i think.

EDIT: And with all of the purges around, that encumber wouldnt really be that big of a deal.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  11. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well as I see this would be extra OP. I think the idea of it is very interesting, a sort of blood priest in the vain of the blood mage from Dragon Age. But the penalties would have to be more severe IMHO. First it would have to be on a skill without any other heal related skills. Consider a Talented Healer/ Blood Priest combo, you could go absolutely nuts. Second the amount of damage it could do exceeds the top spells for wizards in terms of targeted spells; I know Healing Rays is an Emerald card but 2, 6 point attacks would be unfair for a character that could have plenty of Melee attacks as well, especially since healing rays is on the Glinting Eye Hammer. Then add to that the fact that Greater Heal is on a 0 token divine item (an epic but I know I have 3) it could be a uber dangerous set up. Of course all of this would be dependent on getting the trait and if it was limited to 1 per skill even with trait mania it would be very unreliable, but it would need to be a gold or maybe even Emerald/Amethyst trait card. Misguided heal would be a cheap 6 point attack and Inspiring Presence could be the ultimate finishing card an unholy firestorm of sorts. But my fav heal Heal the Weak would be a disaster.
    Again, I like the idea but it would need to be very carefully implemented and is probably not right for the game as currently designed.

12. Captain Awesome

Blood Sacrifice: trait. every time you play a heal take 5 damage. all heal cards you play heal twice as much

13. Captain Awesome

Noxious Odor: trait. discard this card after it is activated. all adjacent characters get pushed one

ParodyKnaveBob and Robauke like this.
  14. Captain Awesome

Feint: melee. 0 damage. draw a card. cantrip
    (would be used for block checking)

tolkien, ParodyKnaveBob and Pyrogoth like this.
  15. Captain Awesome

Whirlwind Attack: melee. deal 4 damage. choose up to 5 targets for this attack

16. Captain Awesome

Backbreaking Blow: melee. 20 unpreventable damage to both you and target.

17. doog37

doog37 Hydra

That much unpreventable damage is silly... but I would call it suicidal strike.

18. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

What about a card that allows characters to see through blocking terrain?

X ray Vision. Utility. May target self. You can see and cast spells through blocking terrain. Duration 1.

19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I like it, but I think the way the programming works this is not gonna work... and it would need to be a gold or higher card.

Accent likes this.
  20. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Magnetic armor: Armor 2; Roll 5+ Keep. If armor is triggered, any piercing or slashing attack is put into target's hand, when this effect is triggered discard Magnetic Armor. Gold/ Rare

Limited Duck armor!

ParodyKnaveBob, Accent and Flaxative like this.