The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

AAARRRGGGG!!! I just wost my Fudd down a wabbit howe. :(

BlackVoidDeath and peonprop like this.
  2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Elemer's Diadem
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    I've covered mixed archetype arcane items like Elemer's Diadem before as well as Glob Of Flame and Stone Spikesso here are my thoughts on Force Cone. You will rarely be able to hit more than 2 enemy characters with it so it is less powerful than Gusts Of War. However, being a cone spell has some slight advantages. One of a wizard's biggest fear Smoke Bomb. Being able to push enemies away while they are still out of sight goes a long way towards buying time for the smoke to clear. Being a less powerful bronze quality card also means that you can shove a lot more copies on a wizard. The biggest downside of Force Cone is the lack of control you have over where targets end up. If your opponent can maneuver a character so that there is impassable terrain behind them your wizard turns into a sitting duck. The current map rotation for instance is littered with walls making Force Cone hard to use effectively. Overall, Force Cone is a solid card but vastly favors wide open maps. As for Elemer's Diadem itself, unfocused blah blah synergy blah blah TPS report. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Force Cone is pretty sweet for keeping zombie hordes at bay. Faster mobs are a bit trickier but Force Cone still performs admirably if you make sure to avoid getting surrounded. Force Cone is also a nice block checker against magic blocking mobs like goblins. I generally prefer damage cards though as a slow movement based retreat usually buys enough time to do what you want to do. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Rod Of Palver Pree (E), Bloodfoot Wand (E) (minortoken), Glowing Jewel (U) (minortoken), Runestone (C) (minortoken), Wand Of Seared Air (C) (majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Cinetotl's Robes- Mystical Drakehide only does what you want half the time and Leaps are usually just extra Walks.
    Grey Charm- Soothing Darkness is way too slow even without taking the drawback into account. Misguided Heal is such a cool card but just plain sucks most of the time.
    Roaring Staff- Sizzling Bolt and Flame Spit are two very respectable burning cards that just get a little bit outclassed by cards on more popular staves like Ember Burst.

Notable Rares
    Um, check back tomorrow.

Pawndawan likes this.
  3. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

See, this is why I stopped posting in the "Rate my Randimar's Rarities" thread and why I barely visit this one. I'm so tired of certain people posting their personal opinions on items that are great/terrible as if it were FACT instead of making some good comparisons with other items.

4. Accent

Accent Hydra

Raging Battler. I've been waiting for that to show up for some time.

Foz, Pawndawan and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Raging Battler
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    This is the best tokenless dwarf skill and you will get a ton of use out of it if you play dwarves. Even wizards wind up equipping it every so often just to save a token and trait cycle with Blind Rage. The only reason not to pick it up is that Apprentice Ferocity is such a good substitute. However, you will use Raging Battler so often that I think it would be a mistake to pass on it. Highly recommend purchasing.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    This is a tough one. While Raging Battler will be used on 99% of dwarves who need a tokenless skill, the Scrooge in me knows that it is way more important to get a good farming party together. Your first Wym's Lavastaff is way more valuable than the first Raging Battler in terms of speeding up your collection. Always prioritize items that have unique and powerful attacks or buffs. Raging Battler is certainly powerful, but it isn't unique. Purchase only if you've already got a reasonable farming setup.

Substitutes
    Apprentice Ferocity (E)

Club Of Wrath- Not the worst weapon though there are superior legendary options like Dark Drewg's Mace.
    Unholy Cudgel- Good damage and 2 great draw spells. If Gloomthirst didn't exist I'd use this all the time.
    Wlakwa's Boots- Despite having 2 of the most powerful move cards available, Wlakwa's Boots don't see that much play since there are more powerful options for both Team Walk and Violent Spin. Most of them are legendary though so these may be the boots for you.

Notable Rares
    Corpselight Charm- Very good set of cards. A bit unfocused but powerful nonetheless.
    Incense Of Roiled Air- If you can't get enough copies of Mass Frenzy, the next best thing is to shrink your deck size. If you've got too many copies of Mass Frenzy, card draw makes for great filler.
    Perfect Command- The number one reason to choose humans for your support characters. The amount of team movement you can get out of this skill is only rivaled by Superb Evasion and who wants to play with those squishy fleshbags?

Youbo, Sir Veza, Accent and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

I think I will have to get a third one.... it's so good so often.

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The only reason why I'm not picking another Raging Battler is the fact the new expansion might be released pretty soon. Better save up for the big burst of new items.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Saturday sent me raging battler in Randimar's too...

9. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

The rage is strong with this one...

Why are Dwarves so full of rage (and amazing racial skills)?

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Short jokes.

Youbo, CT5, PDXTai and 2 others like this.
  11. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

What I'm about to tell you is to be held in the strictest confidence.

Dwarves are not full of amazing *because* they are favored. Rather, they are favored as a tertiary way of shaming those who must be shamed. Confused? Allow me to clarify.

Jon hates elves. He once had an elven wizard named Elias Blacktree who succumbed when the embers of the campfire he'd built under the cold double moons of Argentine ignited the hem of his spidersilk robe. Being an excrement-besmeared orphan whose parents had been devoured by cave bears, poor Elias had nay been schooled in the basics of stop, drop and roll. Since that day, Jon cannot say the word elf without feeling sick inside. His only catharsis has been the systematic minimization of all fey wizards with an added shame: forcing them to stare into the dark eyes of those dwarven mages, so full of traits and toughness, thereby to know the self-same fear of fire that Elias Blacktree felt those many dark fictionalized years ago...

/Bull****Off

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

To be fair, if the expansion's not even on the test server yet (...yet!), it's not going to hit the live server for at least a month. That's a good guess, at least.

13. Accent

Accent Hydra

Tease. ;)

14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I don't have much time for farming gold as of late, so yeah. It might be months away, but I'm much happier saving up some extra cash then buying a second copy of an item I already have.

That being said

I know I'll regret this, eventually

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Hmm. I'm in the same boat Bandreus, however I have some peace of mind by making a list of all the items I could possibly want to purchase, and then tiering the items off into 5 tiers. I move the items up or down on occasion and every so often I get to take an item off the list :)

Since I already have 1 Raging Battler, it goes into the 3rd tier of my list. There are about a dozen items above it on my list that I would prefer to purchase; even though if I did buy the second Raging Battler I am pretty much guaranteed to use both for MP and SP on a daily basis...

So yeah, even though I probably should buy Raging Battler just so I can use it daily, it's only a few centimeters away from Apprentice Ferocity on my screen, so I just can't buy it until I get a Magmastaff and some other things first.

In my mind, Raging Battler is not a priority and if I buy one I may well regret it- I will either need the gold or drop one eventually.

Bandreus likes this.
  16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

To be fair we wont even know if its up on the test server because it has been saying: "Login failed: The server is currently closed for maintenance. Please try again later." for about 5 days now or maybe more, so can that be off maintenance yet or is there actual maintenance going on for the past 5+ days?
    And if you dont buy it you "may well regret it" too :p

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The new content isn't on the test server yet. I've been monitoring the Adventure and Card databases and nothing new has shown up yet.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  18. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Those things look like a nightmare to read for me. Do you have something to turn it human-friendly or am I doing it wrong?

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Save the file and open it as a spreadsheet. You may need to tell your software to use commas as the column delimiter (.csv means Comma Separated Values).

Youbo and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yea... i could try to learn to read that, and i probably could if i tried but i have other things to do.