WOW

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fifjunior7, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Hi everybody, I hope you've all been feeling wonderful, today I just want to address a little something I've been seeing a lot of in the Cardhunter world chat lately.

There is a certain species of bear, Ursus len bearus, that frequents Cardhuntria. It is spotted miles around, roaming free, puncutating the air with it's distinctive mating call," WOW".

Now normally I'm not one to get worked up on trolls, I've never blocked anyone! But I do think it's a problem when this certain "lenbear" starts to report people, for not doing anything. :/
    I'm not actually sure how much weight a 'report' does, but if it counts for something, I feel like something should be done to prevent these types of individuals from abusing it.

I was tempted to post this in the bugs report section, but here is fine too.

Drakkan likes this.
  2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have been hunting the beast for weeks now. Just when I think that the last one has died off a new one appears. Don't be fooled by their appearance, once they begin their monosyllabic calls of "wow" and "cool" heard from around the world, you know that it's back to mock everything we say and cry out for "3vs3", whatever that is.

3. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

I as well have been hunting the beast for several weeks. It appears that every time one is slain, another one pops up to take its place.

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Just keep blocking him/her whenever a new one pops up.

A report doesn't accomplish much on its own. It just gives devs/mods a heads up. This is usually followed by human action of some sort (checking the chat logs and such).

As for the ways to deal with this annoying species, just take the usual anti-troll measures: ignore/block him/her on sight. Do not reply to provocations etc.

This usually ends up in one of two ways: the troll eventually gets bored and leaveas or his IP gets banned

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Now now, the troll will evolve his habits. If his IP gets banned he will use a proxy. It's not like they haven't already done that several times.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Point being, ignoring him is the most effective counter-measure. Just block on sight and advice everybody else to do the same

7. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

"wow." There's a forum post about this. That guy is completely harmless. Annoying true, but compared to the world chat you see on most MMOs, he's cute and silly. Every time he talks to me I just say "wow". That's as much comeuppance as I think he deserves.

Bandreus likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We don't encourage naming names on the forums. Not only is shame culture degrading and unethical, but it's probably totally ineffective when it comes to this particular troll :p

Actually reports do accomplish a lot on their own. If enough people report someone they get automatically warned... and, well, just keep reporting when appropriate, friends.

Bandreus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.