Creature Deck Viewer

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Xayrn, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

After finding a few wiki entries that were either outdated or just didn't exist, I decided to whip up a quick scenario for viewing the entire deck of any arbitrary creature at a glance. Simply load up the scenario, replace 'Baby Wyvrens' with your choice of creature, and behold an ordered list of every card in that creature's deck.

Notes:
    • Every tile is a victory square, so you can end the game by applying all traits and passing.
    • I'm not positive that someone else hasn't posted this already, but some quick searching only revealed a few similar things made by @Kalin that didn't do exactly what I wanted.
    • The rationale behind 45 creatures is that it's the minimum required to draw the entire deck of a Baby Wyvren, the most demanding creature according the stats listed on the wiki. If you suffer from performance issues at this amount, you can lower it to 28 for just about every other creature that isn't a Goblin Grunt, Storge, or Zombie. The scenario can handle a maximum of 49.
    Happy map-making!
    DeckViewer.jpg

Attached Files:

Gast86, Assussanni, Stexe and 14 others like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Very nice! Great idea! Thanks for making the scenario and sharing it!

Xayrn likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here's my version for people unafraid of performance issues. It draws up to 5 monster decks at once, and uses 100 copies of each monster so it's sure to handle any ridiculously large decks BM might make in the future. I recommend copying the logs into a text editor or spreadsheet to see the cards instead of trying to mouseover each one.

Attached Files:

Jarmo and CT5 like this.
  4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

i know that this is not hard to make... so i dont know why people are so exited about this especially because every card from (i think every) creature is listed on the wiki

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Giving a like is not being excited IMO. Also, inventing a wheel wasn't hard either I think... simply noone had the idea to do it for a long time :)

6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

No need to be sour. I think it's convenient, so I liked it. Maybe some more constructive members can even use these to update/create the outdated wiki pages.

7. BlackVoidDeath

like i said its not hard to make
    do i sound sour?

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Well I think it's cool. It saves time for every person that downloads it, not really the important part.
    What's important is, it gives people ideas and show some people something they have never seen or thought of before.

And yes, you do sound a little sour. You had a fair point though.

BlackVoidDeath and Flaxative like this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

maybe they have never seen it, but i am pretty sure everyone knows about this design :p

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I, for example, didn't know about this design before Xayrn shared it. Many of the best ideas are simple and even obvious when viewed after the fact. It's coming up with them in the first place which is the hard part.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    CT5, Merdis, Flaxative and 1 other person like this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

Ok then, do i have to make maps and use specific characters to show my every trick/glitch i know, and then see how many of them people knew? :)

12. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Gah, wish I knew about this. I manually checked a few monsters... :-P Great to know this exists though.

13. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Isn't monster deck information also sitting in a CSV file somewhere if you have the Steam version?

14. BlackVoidDeath

Its on the wiki. Just search up a monster/character and it shows you their cards.

15. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Except "After finding a few wiki entries that were either outdated or just didn't exist" ... which is the very first line of this thread...

I found Human Servant was mistaken earlier today. It is listed as having Cowardly but it instead has Fumble.

16. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Nope.

17. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

This was a very useful tool during my checking the accuracy of the wiki. There were about 30 monsters that needed updating, which I have posted in the wiki thread.

I also tried Kalin's board and I was almost immediately disconnected from the server :confused:

Xayrn and Stexe like this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've been using Xaryn's as well. I tried Kalin's in the past, but my creaky old laptop couldn't handle it.