Sell Surplus? auto-sell function?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Haxzploid, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

sellsurplus.png
    Implement auto sell function?

Much faster than checking every item after a win or going through your collection. Protect the user by never allowing it (yes it) to sell more than what can be equipped at max in a party using the current rules. Like 12 arcane items, 3 arcane skills, 3 boots. etc...

Represent it by using boxes where user punch in numbers, red numbers BAD must punch other keys. Or use sliders capped at the minimum values etc...

Make it happen.

Youbo, vMatt and Jarmo like this.
  2. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

Very much needed. I think it's on their to-do list.

3. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

While it would be nice, the function of being able to sell things at chests with the fact that items show how many of them you have really eliminate the need to do that. The old players only need to do a bit of spring cleaning through their collection (though "a bit" might be an understatement for some people), and from then on they can just sell when they get the junk instead. New players don't have to really deal with this problem at all with their puny collections, so they just sell when needed and they're home free.

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Dislike Magic Elves! And simply wrong.
    If you farm, then it takes far too long to check the loot every time to see what to sell from there. 1 click in the end is a LOT faster.

Magic Elves and hatchhermit like this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't dislike Magic Elves, but I do think he's mistaken. The Seconds shop setup is a great improvement, and was probably necessary (at least it's functionality) before building an auto-sell system. I really don't need to look at anything that doesn't show up as purple or orange anymore, but I still hit the wrong button (force of habit) often enough to need to go through all my items and sell a hundred or more per week. This is better than 10,000 individual clicks, but just checking the quantity of each item takes quite a while. Auto-sell, whether hard-set or user definable, will be awesome.

Youbo and Magic Elves like this.
  6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Yea, I forgot about the farmers. I'm the kind of guy who still glances at the common items even if I have all of them, just to see if they look cool. Sell all excess would be very nice, I just think that with the sell from chest option, it's a bit further back on the to do list.

7. TeJaQuKiAce

TeJaQuKiAce Kobold

I think this option would be very useful to me. I cant look at every chest content, especially when Im farming. Only rare or better is worth a look. Not proud of it, but I probably already spent a couple hours just sifting through my inventory looking up doubles.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yes, please exactly like that!
    //I would probably only tick off Common/Uncommons and sell rares individually since I seem to have a hilarious surplus of rare boots.
    Still seems MAJORLY useful.

While we're on the subject, a "Sell all and Continue" button would be very useful for the older players. Yes we are spoiled.

9. Personally, I don't think the lower limit should be a hard one, the way OP suggests.
    Enough to equip a full party should be the default, yes, but what if I only want one of the common items, for posterity's sake, and don't care about having enough for everything? Letting me keep one of everything despite auto-selling should be acceptable as well, I think.

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

At this point, even though it is annoying, I have managed my collection so that I have the numbers of each individual item exactly right.
    All I have to do is click the sell all button on 95% of chests and the items go away. Slightly annoyed I have to click Sell All -> Take all and Continue but w/e.

11. Questor

Questor Ogre

Yesterday it took me 140 minutes to sell ~10500 items.
    But the 31500 gold i made was totally worth the hassle. $-D

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I understand the feeling, but I'm old and lazy, and would prefer saving 139.8 minutes as well. :cool:

13. Lord Feleran

I've missed a few months of discussions. Is there any reaons why we still don't have it yet? :(

Edit: I don't like these priorities :(

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We've been working on other things? This is waaaaay far from a priority for us. Co-op + expansion are taking most of our attention, and will continue to, for a while.

15. Quibish

Quibish Kobold

I just did this exact spring cleaning of my collection a week or two ago, selling off any duplicates that couldn't fit onto a party of three. I gave up before I finished. Life's too short, and the thought of doing this periodically makes me groan.

Please, please consider a "Sell Surplus" button. I know it's not a top priority at the moment, but it would be nice to know that it is on the list somewhere.

Even an inflexible one with no options would be a big help. If it only sold the items that had more than 12 copies, that would save us players untold man-hours of inventory upkeep. I could learn to live with a dozen copies of each item.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

As a player who's wanted this functionality very badly, of course we're considering it.

But consider this: the vast majority of our playerbase wouldn't use it. The people who want this are a tiny fraction of our players. It doesn't make sense to prioritize it over new content / bug fixes / new modes / etc.. If it's ever low-hanging fruit we'll be sure to do it but again right now it doesn't make sense.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the response, at least now we know to set our expectations accordingly. I guess I'll settle for the feeling of satisfaction in the width and breadth of my Card Hunter item collection.

18. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Tips:
    • Use neoncat's utility to find your excess equipment. You can find it here: http://www.stexe.com/neoncat/
    • Use ctrl+click to quickly sell items in your inventory to the store.
    • Sort items by rarity and only look at one item type at a time.

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

A tip to avoid accumulating more excess items:
    Check how many item copies you have each time you open a chest (by hovering the mouse pointer over the item) and sell it to Skarl's if it is excess. This quickly becomes routine requiring little thought. I speak from an excess of experience doing that.

20. Lord Feleran

I believe both methods from last 2 posts are not faster than "regular" selling. And you shouldn't consider only what % of players needs this. If player A plays CH 20 times more than player B, then his needs are 20 times more important too, no? And I'd gladly get the expansion a week (or 3) later for a button that sells everything that can't be equipped to 3 characters.