moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I notice that Rudolpho recently tweeted "TOMM finished".

Temple of Melvinmental Mevil?
    Travelers of Might & Magic?

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It might be a personal status report:
    Tripping On Magic Mushrooms (I'm finished, so I should be coherent for a while.)
    Been there, thought that, was sadly mistaken.

Or an adventure:
    Tegel's Old Manor Modified
    Towers Of Myth Mrannor
    Temple Of Mediocre Mendacity (Leaves room for a sequel)
    Tales Of Mad Melvin (Beyond Blunderdome)
    Terrifying Ovine's Murderous Menace (Beware the Demon Sheep)

Or something completely different.

3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Test of Mauve Manticore (logical)
    Turn Over My Mattress (always an accomplishment)

Sir Veza and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  4. Accent

Accent Hydra

It means "tomorrow", actually. Blue Manchu is really a cover for development of an AI that will enslave humanity with robots. "Tomorrow finished" merely means that we no longer have a future, because they're nearing completion of the project.

Sir Veza and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Well, that's a relief.

PDXTai likes this.
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't think so. Star Trek had the final frontier. Elven time travelling Space Cowboys will have the final adventure.
    It's important to avoid infringement.

Mirkel, karadoc and Pawndawan like this.
  8. Mr. Magnifico

The AotA expansion included homages to a while bunch of classic D&D monsters. I would imagine the same will be true of EttSC. Here are a couple that strike me as likely candidates. I was going to go with alphabetical order, but in the interest of avoiding anticlimax I'll go from what I think of as least to most iconic.

* Dinosaurs - Even if dragons are techier, it'd be kinda cool to fight a T-Rex. But while they've got a bunch of pages in the original monster manual, dinosaurs don't really scream early D&D.
    * Mythological monsters - You know, basilisks, manticores, minotaurs -- stuff like that. Many were D&D monsters from the word "go", but none are especially iconic.
    * Giants - They're kinda generic and we already have ogres and trees as 2 x 2 figure melee badasses, but there's always room for a higher-level version, right?
    * Lycanthropes - Could be interesting mechanically. Maybe a trait that indicates animal form, with cards that function differently depending on whether the trait is active or not.
    * Undead - Vampires wouldn't surprise me at all. The early D&D twist on undead was level/XP draining, but that would probably be too frustrating in SP and wouldn't really make sense in MP. I mean, maybe people would relish the opportunity to delevel their dwarf firestorm farming wizards back to level 4, but that seems pretty meta. I could see spectres or some other kind of non-corporeal dudes, although I'm not sure how CH would handle needing a magic weapon to hit.
    * Bugbears - These guys are pretty old-school. I dunno how much call there is for yet another roughly humanoid monster, but should the need arise, the bugbears are ready.
    * Hell Hounds - What's better than annoying war dogs? Annoying war dogs that breathe fire!
    * Demons/Devils - I'm looking at you, Demon Type VI. Bosses like Orcus or Asmodeus are also possibilities. No succubi, please.
    * Gelatinous Cube - CH already boasts an impressive array of slimes, oozes, molds, jellies, and puddings. But, c'mon. Gelatinous cubes, man!
    * Purple Worm - OK, now we're talking.
    * Beholder - Amirite?

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No Aboleths or Drow?

Getorix likes this.
  10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I hope not. Their ilk was really too bogus and self-contradictory for D&D. That being said, they'll probably show up.

11. Mr. Magnifico

Courage, good Sir Veza. According to my Monster Manual, "The 'Black Elves,' or drow, are only legend."

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Can only mean one thing...

[​IMG]

Pengw1n, Bluemage, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  13. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Well, we had black plume mountain, so I'm calling shielded crests to match barrier peaks.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

I can't wait for a preview of the new content :confused:

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You may get your wish soon:

I think that means the next test build will include EttSC.

Getorix, Mr. Magnifico and Sir Veza like this.
  16. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Or they've taken up grafting.

Bandreus and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Or being mean to elephants.

doog37 and Bandreus like this.
  18. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

All I remember from EttBP was, hrm, vegepygmies, more vegepygmies, lasers that shot you in the face because you held them backwards, more vegepygmies, a mind flayer...and russet mold.

(am now off to watch House of Cards)

19. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

And the end, when the robots threw you out the door with a landshark! (Bulette)

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It was one of my least favorite modules.

Getorix likes this.