Rotating beta account

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Starting today i plan to begin rotating my account out for a few days at a time. To active helpful and positive people on the forums who still don't have access to the beta. That is unless the devs have something against this which would be completely fair if so just tell me and i will stop.

To anyone who gets offered to use the account make sure you realize this is not a fresh account you can never truly have the real start and if you think that will leave you feeling bad pass the chance and wait instead of tainting it for you. Also anyone who doesn't want to keep using it during there allotted time for any reason just tell me and i will pass it on to someone else.

Gabe likes this.
  2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

This question has been asked several times, by you at least once before. The answer has also been given several times, too.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Thats a question of opinion letting someone use your account and shipping it around is a big difference if you ask me. Also asuming you are correct see this thread as a announcement for people without a beta account.

4. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Interesting topic. I honestly think it's a great idea if you've got the people you can trust and they can benefit from your kindness - It's really nice of you to rotate your account with other people when you don't have the time, that way others can contribute and help out the community.

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

That is so awesome of you. And I'd love to take you up on your generous offer.

6. MrMojoRisin

You've made me go all Brony with excitement!

Zalminen likes this.
  7. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

That's the teen spirit! Ain't nobody got time for that apart from Mojo! :D

PS: I'd love to try out too!

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

The answer, again:

That's the pertinent bit and it covers what you want to do, still.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

You are right i was wrong and honestly i just wanted to spread some positivity and foster a better community. But give the devs a chance to take back there words a little if this somehow backfired and gave them a bad time for some reason since they might not have figured this would happen.

To use a dumb comparison if you point a pea shooter at my foot and ask can i shot you i might sigh and say fine. But if you then point it at my eye before firing because i said you could shot me that wouldn't really be appreciated.

10. Gabe

Gabe Kobold

I would really love to get to try the game even if it's only for a day. I have been watching all the videos, reading all the posts on this forum for almost a year now and am even dreaming about CH :)

11. CletusVanDamme

CletusVanDamme Mushroom Warrior

If a slot opens up I'd love to check the game out too, though I surely haven't been as active on the forums as many others so I don't mind waiting.

12. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Just Devils Advocate here man, but if you move your account around if someone steals, or does something with it to get into trouble it would be on you. I don't see any password change/recovery so I don't know how big of an issue it would be sad if ya lost it because you were trying to help some other people out.

Though just to note (Right now at least) only issue I could see is if you wanted it back, and they just kept logging on when you were on kicking you off. Or doing something super negative and getting the account locked or something to be honest.

13. MrMojoRisin

There is a certain element of trust involved, yes. And if he said to stop using it for ANY reason, I would do so immediately.

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Hence the reason I'm picking active people who have positively influenced the community. Not that i am so deluded i think that makes me 100% safe but its good enough considering how happy it will make some people. In the end i have faith in humanity and karma so hopefully it works out fine and many people get to use it.

Also if you read my snazzy new signature poem i wrote you will realize I'm mental and not to be messed with :p

15. Kahar

Kahar Mushroom Warrior

This is super awesome of you Wozarg! I'd love to check it out too. Looks like we'll have to make a line!

16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Or be a active high quality member of the community considering this is not a lottery or a line system its 100% dictatorship with me as the very partial but ass kissing immune judge!

17. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Lol... well good luck man, hope it works out for ya. Just had to say something as the paranoid part of me was like...waaait a min he is just going to "Trust" them... lol :p

18. Kahar

Kahar Mushroom Warrior

Well I try to contribute as much as I can, though so far it's only been by asking questions and thinking about stuff. I'd like to do a log similar to Zalminen's once I'm in game, though not sure I could do it as well as he!

19. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I don't have a problem with this so long as you are only sharing your account details with a limited number of people that you trust. You definitely shouldn't publish your account publicly though.

20. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Well, you never no until you try ;)
    (I'd never done anything like my beta diary before and it still feels very amateurish compared to some of the stuff I've read in Dwarf Fortress forums... but it's fun, even if time-consuming)

Wozarg: It's a great gesture you're doing and certainly worthy of applause!

Gabbek likes this.