"Peasant" Card Hunter - Low-Powered PvP

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Dec 10, 2013.

?

Vote Yes if you are interested in playing this format

1. Yes

97.5%
  2. 2.5%
  1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've seen some more people joining our ranks, which heartens me. In the interests of keeping the format varied and fun, I just posted some more builds.
    "Dirty Blow Elves"
    "Nostalgia Bros"

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  2. ChosenUndead

ChosenUndead Mushroom Warrior

Are there any maps which might happen to be much more mage friendly? It's just that 70 % of all competetive maps tend to be too scrunched, and with the Whirlwind and Whirlwind Enemies agreed veto, trying to distance with elves can be a pain.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Uh, not sure what that has to do with this topic. Also, not sure what the intended context is so I'm confused by things like "whirlwind veto"--care to elucidate for me? Thanks! :)

4. whorrak

whorrak Kobold

I'm definitely interested in playing this format, but I haven't found anyone in general chat interested in playing. Is there any interest in organizing a tournament or open play hour?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hi whorrak! Thanks for your interest in the format.
    It's been sort of on the back burner for a bit now, as we've had a couple non-peasant tournaments in the last couple months; also the advent of the guild system has encouraged people to play more ranked games in order to participate in the guild ranking fight. That said, we have a couple things on the horizon for peasant.

1) tuknir and I are going to be organizing another peasant tournament soon. It's going to be in a different format, and hopefully be a lot of fun both for participants and for spectators. I will be maintaining my dedication to balanced play and recorded matches, but there are some details I need to iron out. More info on this will be out by the end of the month.

2) Blue Manchu is introducing "leagues" in its next big update, which will be a new multiplayer arena that allows for various challenges or nonstandard scenarios to be completed in a competitive manner. My understanding is that it is possible for a given league to enforce various rules—for instant, "no tokens," "no rares," "only dwarves," etc.—and thus I think it's possible that BM might host peasant leagues occasionally in the future. I don't know more details on this as it hasn't really been revealed, but we can expect more info on it soon.

What you mentioned, an open peasant play hour, sounds fantastic. Do you want to try organizing it? I'm a firm believer in inviting others to adopt leadership positions—peasant shouldn't be just my thing! :)

6. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

7. I'm down to play!

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There hasn't been much peasant action recently, but I'm very excited to find out the state of things post-balance. I predict wizards are a lot worse than before :p
    (which is probably good because they were dominant)

Just ask for a peasant game in the lobby and you may get one!

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Let's see...
    Glowing Jewel
    Cinnabar Ring
    Electroporter Novice
    Stuff with Resistant Hide
    Perfect Toughness

Nope, I'm sure wizards have a fighting chance.

10. This seems like a really interesting way to play. Looking forward to finding someone to play with. =)

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  11. Quibish

Quibish Kobold

Oh, this is interesting. I'll have to build a peasant party.

Any recent news about peasant games, leagues, or tournaments?

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Peasant leagues are something I keep bugging Jon about and they may happen someday. Definitely not before the expansion. As for unofficial tournaments, I've been wanting to run one but I've been pretty busy. Maybe when the expansion is in testing or released, if peasant leagues aren't in progress, I'll run something :)

CT5 likes this.
  13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

How about Peasant co-op?

14. BlackVoidDeath

Hey @Flaxative - just watched your video where you were preparing for the first peasant tournament - my favourite quote "of COURSE he had a fking parry!... i shouldnt swear" :p

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Seems fun, right?

Those were good times. And I wasn't on the team yet :)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  16. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'm not super-excited by this idea; but I think it could be fun and fresh way to play.

I think it could be cool to occasionally have leagues which enforce this kind of rule-set. (i.e. some leagues are quick draw, some are fixed deck... and I think it could be cool if some leagues were BYO peasant deck.)

timeracers likes this.
  17. BlackVoidDeath

This is good because everyone here is equal and its all in the skill - what items you use and how you use them

18. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Hey Flax, totally a great idea, though I probably won't play too much :(. We vampires must retain our aristocrat image. ;)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yah no vamps in peasant :D

20. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

I will play peasant with anyone whenever they're on. PS I'm shadowstalker

Flaxative likes this.