Leaving quests unfinished until EttSC?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Mr. Magnifico, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It will definitely be on test before live. We may or may not pay pizza for playtesting, depends. A lot of the content is done, at least for a first pass. This is not a guarantee nor an official anything at all, but my personal hope is that we can start announcing things by the end of the month...

2. Paprika2215

Paprika2215 Mushroom Warrior

But it does seem as if Mr. Magnifico has at least some inside knowledge about this subject. Everyone so far has specifically said nothing has been announced yet, not on the Announcements forum, nor on the news blog. Whereas Mr. Magnifico has mentioned a name: EttSC. Is that an official name? It's clearly an abbreviation like AotA (Attack of the Artifacts), but what is it supposed to mean? And if it IS the official name, how has Mr. M gotten this info? Is he perhaps an undercover Rogue, attempting to find out whether or not he and his buddies will make an appearance in this upcoming expansion...?

...Stay tuned for more, at "Cardhuntrian's Deliciously Over-Exaggerated Gossip Weekly"! :p :D

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

To get good gossip, you need to do the legwork. Kalin already pointed you at the developer Twitter account.

PDXTai, Flaxative and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Actually, you should hold off doing quests until SP co-op goes live and old players start begging you to let them help you:

Bandreus likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Paprika2215 ... We haven't been shy about the initialism. :p

6. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

@Kalin suggests leaving quests uncompleted so that you can make yourself quite popular with established players. But, thinking more about this, I'm guessing that if you have a quest uncompleted and play through as part of a co-op party whose leader also hasn't completed it yet, the quest will be completed for both of you.

So, if you are a serious optimizer, you might also consider rushing to finish unfinished quests so you can co-op them with new players and not "waste" the completion.

The EttSC giveth, the EttSC taketh away.

7. Accent

Accent Hydra

The month is ending, to the wild speculation thread!

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Bad news guys, my personal hopes have been dashed!

(But I'll say this: it's not because of a slowdown on the expansion. In fact, we're probably pretty close to being able to open stuff up for testing. We just haven't decided how to disclose what on which channels.)

Mr. Magnifico likes this.