Damage Types - Should the Zaps be Electrical?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Brian Leybourne, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Brian Leybourne

Brian Leybourne Mushroom Warrior

This isn't an "issue" as such, but I just noticed that Big Zap, Zap, Little Zap etc are all Arcane damage types, not Electrical. That's probably by design, but I just wanted to check, in case it's a bug - the name "zap" to me suggests electricity...?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Zap is the sound that projected energy makes in comics its not related to electricity specifically as far as i know.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We went back and forth on this for ages. We ended up with "Spark" being electrical and "Zap" being arcane.

4. Brian Leybourne

Brian Leybourne Mushroom Warrior

Sweet, makes sense.

So which camp does "Fizzzz-Pa-Chow!" fall into? ;-)

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

sizzling hot karate fists? That's what you get when you multiclass monk and wizard!

Scyrax likes this.
  6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Sweet.
    Then . . . may I request that you rename the Copper Sparking Wand (contains only Big Zaps), Chain Of The Hot Spark (contains only Penetrating Zaps), Etched Zapstaff (contains two types of Spark), Zapping Staff (contains two types of Spark), Brass Sparking Wand (some Penetrating Zaps in there), Wooden Spark Wand (contains two types of Zap) and others?

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member