Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I never really have problems into moving my FS team where I want .. and 2-step vs 1-step can hardly make any difference there..

Flanking move is better that shuffle of course, but vs AI, I go and slam .. it's not like I have to chase someone or so..
    I just move into range and start slamming.. I use melee parties for some mid-level maps .. and I dont even use step attacks, just Strongarms, Beaters and Blazing Shortswords..

The point is to spend all your attacks (so you dont have to discard any) .. and I cad do that with goat boots, possessed shoes, I dont need flanking move, I use Kerricks with elves because Reliable Mail is great.. you dont have to think much when farming, just charge and fight..
    I would use Kerrics even if it had no move for 3rd card..

And for Single Player, is there any need of Flanking Move + step attack? Do you know what's the point for that "combo"? The point is that you reach someone who doesnt want to be reached (wizards), or to start attacking first.. Or to chase someone low on health to finish him before he can attack you (so you get advantage in his unused cards being discarded). But in Single Player, enemy actually comes to you.. no really need in chasing goblin 1 when you can just kill goblin 2 ..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. Ector

Ector Hydra

Oh I thought you mean the MP melee parties. I've never played a melee party in SP.

3. kyokasuigetsu

kyokasuigetsu Kobold

So... I'm in for a little advice hehe. Which one would you pick, Reap The Whirlwind or Bloddy Command given you could only afford one of them?

Thanks in advance :)

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Both items are very attractive. If you really, I mean REALLY cannot afford both, I'd grab Bloody Command simply for its versatility. You can use it for any Human with the great success. Reap The Whirlwind requires a special build: I use it for my "Violent Spin Dwarf" to grab victory areas. This requires good armor, good movement and so on. I've even bought a second copy recently since I like weird builds, but Bloody Command is still better. I've collected three copies of it to create a full Human bloody team :)

5. kyokasuigetsu

kyokasuigetsu Kobold

Thanks for the reply. :)
    I was also thinking along those lines. Bloody Command looks a lot more "useful" or easier to use. But the scythe is very unique... Tough choice, think I'll wait till tomorrow and see if I'm lucky with some legendary treasure drops.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Look at your build, and think of your desired builds. Some good items may not actually suit your needs, and you may be better off waiting. The general rule seems to be:
    If you spend all your money, your top item will quickly show up in the Daily Deal.
    If you save, it may be a long wait.

7. kyokasuigetsu

kyokasuigetsu Kobold

Hahahaha so true. Damn that Random bastard lol.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I currently have almost enough cash to buy a legendary, and Randi has Xander's Mail for sale. Is it the best tokenless heavy armor, or should I keep using Perilous Ringmail?

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

In single player it doesn't matter, either will work. In multiplayer you probably want a deck thinner unless you're going for an extreme armor build (talking about tokenless heavy armors here). For what little it's worth, in the old days I used to run with Xander's in 2-3 warrior builds in multiplayer as I'd rather have a fatter deck with discard buffer Officer's Harness than Traveling Curse.

Perilous for the lulz, Xander for the slow and steady approach?

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If you run 1 or more humans with Leadership, converting stacked Officer's Harnesses into more usable cards can make a nice power spike. Punishing attacks made this more dangerous, and I suspect human skills are being selected more for movement these days. And, as Jarmo said, Traveling Curse is a decent, if somewhat painful, deck thinner.
    I often use Xander's because I farmed them. "Game Changer" difference between Xander's and Perilous isn't much unless you run Leadership, so waiting for a really strong legendary to show up would probably do you better.

11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I wouldn't use hard-earned gold on any of those. There are plenty of more essential items to save for.

All items on your list have niche uses so only buy them if your favourite build needs them to really shine. If you're not so sure about them, don't buy them. There will soon enough be something in the shops you'll want to buy as soon as you see it. These items are not it.

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Jarmo likes this.
  14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

every week i earn about 4000 gold so i could buy at least 1 of them although as you said - none of my fav builds need these so i will stay with my 4844 gold :p

15. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

Is Perilous Agility a good option, and is it enough of an upgrade vs other elf skills to warrant buying?
    I also have Quick Jon's Axe and Reap The Whirlwind up in RR this week. Any good? I expect Quick Jon might be out of favor since the dodge nerf.

16. Kazaf

Kazaf Kobold

17. Yikes...lots of potentially tempting stuff for me this week.

Darkblood Glaive
    Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock *
    Skull Of Savage Iljin (I have one of these already)
    St. Tesrim's Corona
    Staff Of The Arctic
    Wym's Fiery Bangle

It's been a bit of a dry spell (i.e. last week's selection was mediocre and the Daily Deal has been mostly meh), so I've stockpiled enough gold that I could buy all of these if I wanted to go really nuts/almost broke, but I'd certainly appreciate any recommendations for or against. Note that I'm experimenting with different types of builds but still only farming SP at the moment.

* Random silly confession: I didn't actually know what a mattock was until I started playing CH. I still think "haddock" when I see it, but that's okay, because the image of running up and smiting the enemy with a giant dead fish still amuses me beyond all reason.

18. I'm probably going to spring for it. I can see how it would be less than efficient for MP, and line of sight is an issue even for SP, but there are still enough mobs at the upper levels that I wouldn't mind slowing down a bit that it seems worth having around.

19. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

have these in my weekly

Legends:

Garalem's boots ( decent tokenless boots ? or better to save the money and use mouse boots?)
    Gauixl's Sacred maquah
    Kelvim's Buckler
    Knife of St Blenko
    3rd staff of misanthrope
    Waasker's White Cap
    Wym's Fiery Bangle ( is it still a decent item for a non fire mage ? )
    Xander's mail ( if i am using captain cedric helm, this is a must get right ? )

Epic:
    Agro's boots
    3rd firehide robe
    3rd wuuna's vampric shroud

Rare:
    focused healer ( useful for vampire decks ? may make 1-2 vampire in future)

Any of these worth buying ?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  20. I'd definitely pick up the 3rd Firehide if you do any firestorm farming with three wizards. The shroud is a fine item for vamps, though make sure you also take your stock of Flax's Thirsty Vial into account in your decision: as others have joked, it's associated with a known ruffian, but it's got the same cards.

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.