Beta Keys coming here!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, no need to get harsh here - we all want keys, but wanting to change the rules just because a lot of people didn't follow them isn't fair to those that did, in case it DOES matter to the judging (we don't know really). Guess we're just all eager :D

2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, I think I'm just antsy in my pantsy. I made the mistake of getting my hopes up. Usually not a great combination for me and betas I'm eager to get into.

3. Brian Leybourne

Brian Leybourne Mushroom Warrior

Hi,

We won't immediately disqualify anyone because they wrote more than one paragraph, the idea was to have a bit of fun, not be all strict. Although, you know, there's something to be said for conciseness :)

We'll be picking winners about this time tomorrow, so get your entry in now, if you haven't already.

Cheers, Brian.

Thirandras and Pengw1n like this.
  4. tangmcgame

That's about what I expected, but thanks for clearing it up all the same. Good luck to everyone. I'm going to start tamping down my enthusiasm a bit, just to be on the safe side.

5. CletusVanDamme

CletusVanDamme Mushroom Warrior

In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say. I just submitted one too, though reading through the others and seeing the quality of some of the writing, well, I'm not particularly hopeful! Still, good bit of fun.

6. Thirandras

Thirandras Kobold

I knew this was the actual deal, people are getting mad for nothing, seriously...

7. Sansin

Sansin Kobold

Meh. I made mine a short paragraph as well. Here's to hoping conciseness is worth something!! Good luck to all!

8. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Any ETA on the next round of Keys ?

9. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

Jon mentioned it would be this weekend. More might go out in addition to the reddit contest ones. That would make the most sense.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Care to vaguely elaborate on the obscenity for the lulz?

11. Brian Leybourne

It wasn't suitable for Reddit, but it's suitable for here, you reckon? :)

You'll just have to use your imagination...

12. Naraxis

Naraxis Mushroom Warrior

So a quick question... I assume you'll post the winners on the contest thread, right?

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Fair enough but i did say vaguely :p Then again that could mean it was so bad even vaguely mentioning it would be unsuitable which scares me deeply.

14. Brian Leybourne

No, I was going to make everyone guess ;-)

More seriously, yes, although in a new thread since the competition one has contest mode enabled, so the posts orders are randomized.

15. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Hi where I can see the winners? anyone care to post here the link please?

16. tangmcgame

I think they're not going to be posted for at least a few more hours.

17. Naraxis

Naraxis Mushroom Warrior

Yesterday the moderator of that reddit thread said he and jon would be picking winners today around 12:30 so i would assume we'll know soon. As soon as I know where they announced the winners I'll post it here for anyone who can't find it.

18. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

I just noticed that they said the contest was for subscribers. I just saw the subscribe button and clicked on it. I hope it wasn't too late.

19. tangmcgame

20. Brian Leybourne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.