Great And Ultimate Power-Tokens?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Dec 27, 2014.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I have been messing around on the test server and set my character's level to 100 this made them have 0 Health and 0 power tokens so i changed it to LvL 50 and i got Great And Ultimate Power-Tokens! after searching around i found a chart on the wiki - this must mean its not just an Easter egg for the test server and then i thought - could we get this in campaign - as in can we level our characters higher than 20???? but then there are no items which require these tokens - so then WHY ARE THEY EVEN HERE??? a link to a post about this would be great or just post it on this thread. thnx ;)

WHAT ARE THESE???!!!! - (greattoken)(ultimatetoken)(greattoken)(ultimatetoken)(greattoken)(ultimatetoken)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  2. The maximum level in the coding of the game is 50. The levels are reserved for future modules and content.

3. BlackVoidDeath

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yes, even currently ;)

Flaxative likes this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

how then? apart than from the command "characterlevel"

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You (slowly) get XP from the level 18 treasure hunts (the Attack of the Artifacts expansion ones). With this you can currently get a character to level 21. That is the current maximum.

7. BlackVoidDeath

i have that expansion but i havnt tried getting over 20! thnx anyway :)

8. Accent

Accent Hydra

One thing I noticed looking at the chart on the Wiki . . . at level 18, you have 4 minor/4 major tokens, which becomes 5/4 at 19, 6/4 at 20, and 5/5 at 21. You wouldn't get an 11th token until level 27 (!), which means even with a potential expansion, we probably still won't see that.

However, you'd get your first Great token at level 25, which isn't altogether out of reach . . .

9. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

I love the campaign. Multiplayer is fun but I miss Melvin. I leveled up the whole crew of 27 characters to 21/20 in anticipation of having all the class/race combos available for more challenging high-level content. Maybe this year we'll see a significant expansion to the campaign and see a new token come on line. I'd happily pay for some steak dinners for Jon.

10. BlackVoidDeath

does he like steak? :p (do you know him irl?)

11. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Haha, no. I don't actually know his dietary proclivities. He's a friend of a friend though. Harvey Smith got me excited to look at Card Hunter after (I believe) he did some playtesting for Jon.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There won't be new tokens in the upcoming expansion, sorry.

13. BlackVoidDeath

Aww..... :( oh well let the Devs know that WE WANT NEW POWER-TOKENS!!!! :p

timeracers likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll tell myself for you, don't worry.

(By the way, I have the unfortunate habit of reading every single post on these forums, so I tend to see every suggestion and demand players make.)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  15. BlackVoidDeath

I remember you saying:
    So i dont think (except if since then you got the power to make new expansions) you can add or create new expansions :p

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Are those really words that I used? Those don't sound like my words.

I'm working on the expansion.

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I promise I'm not nerfing your favorite cards.

But I also promise there'll be new legendaries.

Sorry, collectors.

BlackVoidDeath, Accent and Sir Veza like this.
  19. BlackVoidDeath

Ok maybe A word was incorrect but that is definitely what you said (in game) - because you are a Dev why dont you check your log (what you said) :p

20. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Ha! I didn't realize you were hired by Blue Manchu! Gratz. One day I'd like to go indie and work on something as cool as Card Hunter...but sadly I have growing mouths to feed.

Speaking of cool indie games: Darkest Dungeon came out today on early access and it's quite polished. Give it a look if you have time.

Flaxative likes this.