Co-Op Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Magic Elves, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Is anyone actually using the co-op mode in the game regularly? I remember it was something everyone wanted, but it seems to just be sitting there unused right now. Personally, I'm thinking I might try to use Loli's practice map of Blizkenripper and get three people to try and beat it sometime. If you have any stories about Co-op, tell them!

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I haven't used it since @CT5 and @Farbs and I were QDing against randoms together. It's a bit of work to coordinate time to play together!

3. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

There's a co-op mode?

visak13 and FDrybob like this.
  4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

This is the point I'm trying to make. It's great fun, and it's easier to get a party together now that the days of having to use console commands to make one is over, but it's not actually mentioned in the game, other then a button labeled "Invite" grouped together with four other buttons with clearer purposes when you click on a player's name. The only way most people have heard about it is from the forums (and I started this thread because I couldn't find any others about co-op) or from word of mouth from people who have played it (read: not many).

FDrybob and Bandreus like this.
  5. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

There needs to be a co-op tournament of some sort to introduce people to the idea. Otherwise, why bother?

6. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

So you have to actually invite people to set up a co-op game? Is that like 2 v 2 multiplayer or campaigns?

I had no idea co-op was around and it doesn't seem like it's advertised as a feature anywhere. Co-op tourny sounds good.

FDrybob likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's still sorta in beta...

Click on a player's name to Invite them to your team, then start/join a casual/custom game against someone else's team.

I'd certainly be interested in a tournament or league.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Good points everyone.

I'll organize a tournament soon :)

timeracers, FDrybob, Farbs and 2 others like this.
  9. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm trying to say things like "But what if your partner quits", and "But what if you get paired with Gary", but I'm too busy being extremely exited.

Farbs likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Partner only with those you trust absolutely ;)

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I suggested just having their char die instead of causing defeat for the whole team.

timeracers and FDrybob like this.
  12. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

13. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

I'd be totally down for co-op with ya cool folks

Flaxative and CT5 like this.
  14. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Oh, man. I'm totally down to more of this. I had a blast coordinating with @Magic Elves.

Flaxative, Magic Elves and CT5 like this.
  15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I had a blast coordinating with you too, @Inkfingers ! Working together with your partner is always important, and I really enjoyed playing my first co-op game that I didn't die in.

Flaxative likes this.
  16. cheeseex

cheeseex Kobold

heh i had alot of fun as well......if only there werent those surprise 2 range stabs :confused:

17. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Because everyone has been going on about organization being a big deal, I'm going to be organizing a co-op match in this thread. We'll be having up to 4v4 players on the map Celestial Dojo, though I'll have removed the timer through custom game wizardry. The date will be when Randimar's resets on the 17th, though you should be there 15-30 minutes earlier. Players will need to have both some experience in co-op already (one or two games will do) and at least one character ready before the event. Entries for the game will close on the 16th when the stores reset, so post below to sign up. Teams will be assigned by me flipping a coin when someone registers, and then writing their names in the chart below. Feel free to discuss teams in conversations, but to make things interesting, NO TEAM MAY HAVE MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME RACE/CLASS COMBO. For example, two human priests is a no-no, but a dwarf priest and human priest is fine. The sooner you register, the better!

Team Magic Elves

1. Magic Elves

Team Those Other Guys

18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Unfortunately, I'm always at work at that time, otherwise I would totally be down. I wish I could watch... someone make a recording for me! Ideally with commentary.

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

That's going to be Sunday morning 1:00 AM where I live. Which might be fine (unless I don't have to work on Sunday too, we've a very important deadline which is quickly approaching).

Count me in, I'll let you know if I can't make it.

20. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Ok, so Randimars resets here on Sundays at 11am, count me in! Ill play any character.
    Thats why im easy,
    easy like Sunday morning

Melancthon, Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.