Card Hunter on Kongregate

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jon, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Card Hunter is now playable through Kongregate!

If you'd like to check out the Kongregate experience and rate the game over there, you can find it at:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/BlueManchu/card-hunter

Every extra rating helps the game get more visible on Kongregate!

Kongregate accounts can be linked your existing Card Hunter account when you login to the game via the Kongregate website. Just create a new Kongregate account (or log in to your existing Kongregate account) and then navigate to Card Hunter using the search function or a link from somewhere on the site. Once Card Hunter loads, you'll be asked to either create a new Card Hunter account or associate your Kongregate account with an existing Card Hunter account. Once you've done that, you should be automatically logged in in future via your Kongregate account.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Jayce, CT5, Sir Veza and 5 others like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I created a Kongregate account and linked my Card Hunter account to it. Seems to work OK. More options and channels to play Card Hunter are always good.

Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Yep, I haven't encountered any problem whatsoever since I linked my account there either

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I edited my original post to make it a bit clearer how to associate a Kongregate account with an existing Card Hunter account.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm on. Cinematic mode helps on a laptop. Kinda wonky, but playable.

Bandreus likes this.
  7. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

The full screen button should still work if you need extra screen space.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Well, looks like that Kongregate brought some new players :)
    Very nice ;)

9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The game is definitely getting more and more popular on the platform.

I don't have exact figures, but we jumped from ~50 players in the game's chat on kong during the first couple days to 150+ (actually 200 right now).

The statistics on the game's page say CH has been played over 26k times (not bad if you consider the game has been out for about 4 days only).

CH is currently listed on the homepage in the Top Games This Month (right behind the latest Bloons game, a series which is damn popular on kong) and Adventure & RPG categories. In a couple of days, it should be listed right on top of the Hot New Games, also on the homepage. (actually I'm unsure if the results for those categories are tweaked depending on every user tastes, determined by statistical algorithms).

Anyways, these are very good results. You can expect a more or less constant stream of new players in the immediate future. This might get even more intense if badges get added to the game and/or the game gets featured.

In the long term though, things are much harder to predict. Generally speaking, new players tend to enjoy the game quite a lot (although you often get questions like "why can't I sell items???" or about other slightly confusing stuff with the game), but it's kind of hard say if a good portion of those will stick and turn into long-term players.

I've seen some lament the fact the game is too short (although I think many don't immediately realize how much stuff there's to do within the game). I.e, a person I briefly talked to in the game chat said he regretted purchasing the Basic Edition since he was about to complete the campaign. He wasn't interested in Multiplayer at all, so there's that.

If the devs can support CH (releasing new content/expansions regularly and making sure those get featured on the site as they happen) though, Kong might very well mean tons of new players, in the long term.

A tip to @Jon and the others: you can send newsletters-like messages via the kong's messaging system to players who have favorited the game. Make sure you use that to your advantage, as Kong players seem to return to a game to check in with the new stuff if they receive a message from the devs whenever anything big happens. You don't want to abuse this, for obvious reasons, but a message every week or two with updates about where the game's at might help keeping players' interest in the game higher.

Also, you do want to cross-post and generally have a consistent presence on the CH's kong forum. The majority of kong players (at least in my experience) don't really like having to visit an external website for each and every game they play on a remotely regular fashion. I think @Flaxative has been doing a great work up till now, make sure that continues.

Keep up the awesome work guys, you're doing great.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    CT5, Flaxative and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks Bandreus :)

As you know, things tend to move a bit slowly, but I'm definitely going to make sure any announcements of patches, events, etc. end up cross-posted to the Kong forums.

CT5 and Bandreus like this.
  11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Thinks going great. Two chatrooms been chockefull for the whole day, plus a third one in the making. This would give us a good ~400* players being active on kong at any given time. Also, CH "gameplays" counter jumped to 33.5k. A "gameplay" simply means 1 page-load. This means CH might very well be getting about 7k daily gameplays/pageloads on a daily basys. That surely is a good start.

*New chatrooms get automatically spawned once the previous once hit 200 ppl, if that sort of info interests you. Also do note number of ppl in chat is a very rough estimate, as some ppl could be playing the game w/o being logged-in into the chat, while other might be in the chat but not being playing the game.

CT5, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Current state of things on Kong, about 22 hours after my latest report

# of players in CH chat rooms: ~510 (#1-2 full, #3 half full)
    # of listed gameplays: ~45.5k (12k gameplays since yesterday. That's in less than 24hrs)

Going strong

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Current state of things on Kong, about 24 hours after my latest report

# of players in CH chat rooms: ~550
    # of listed gameplays: ~58k (13k gameplays in the latest 24hrs)

14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Current state of things on Kong, about 21 hours after my latest report

# of players in CH chat rooms: ~570
    #of listed gameplays: ~70k (12k gameplays in the latest 21hrs)

Seems like have a positive trend going on here.

15. Cap'n Schecky

Cap'n Schecky Kobold

I discovered CH on Friday via Kongregate and I'm really enjoying it. Perhaps a little too much!

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Never too much!

17. Fidget007

Fidget007 Kobold

I found Card Hunter through Kongregate. I'd like to be able to login to the card hunter website and play, but I don't see how to get my Kongregate login credentials for Card Hunter. How can I do this? I have my Kongregate User ID # and Kongregate Username, but am unsure what username/email/password was used via Kongregate to register with Card Hunter.

Bandreus likes this.
  18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

This is a question for @Flaxative or @Jon.

When you play via your Kong account, what's most likely happening behind the scenes is CH's back-end creating an account (of sorts) in CH's system and linking that to your Kong identity. That's just my own intuition ofc.

I'm not sure how what you're asking could be achieved. Maybe the devs might allow Kong users to create/request credentials for the forums and main site? That would work similarly to linking a CH's user account to Kong, only the other way around. Not sure if that's feasible at all, as that would involve some non-trivial technicalities I guess.

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Fidget007: Currently, CH accounts created through Kongregate can only be used to play on Kongregate.

Bandreus likes this.
  20. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Current state of things on Kong, roughly 10 days after my latest report

# of players in Kong chat: ~550
    # of listed gameplays: 195k (~137k in the latest 10 days)

Looks like we're looking at an average of over 13k gameplays per day. Not bad at all. But there's more.

As of ratings, CH is doing extremely well with an average of 4.4/5 with over 8.000 user ratings. This means it is standing very high in basically every tag CH is listed in (although, sadly, not in the Multiplayer and Strategy & Defence categories, where competition is fierce to say the least).

More importantly, Card Hunter currently stands as the highest rated game in the Card and CCG categories. It also currently holds the title of 2nd highest rated game in the Adventure & RPG category.

Also, CH currently listed as top rated game of the month.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015