Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Only Ector likes crushing builds.

A very popular item for burning wizard builds. Often two of these or one White Flame and one Staff Of A Million Embers are considered optimal. Same cards for same token cost either way.

Used to be broken. Last I checked, still a fairly popular item for mobility focused warriors. May be even better now as people love the control wizards.

Don't have experience with these, but the (majortoken) seems too much.

One of the better armors with Arrogant Armor. However, it stops you from buffing yourself. Not worth it on MY priests, but may be on yours.

Good cards, but unfocused.

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I know this doesn't answer the last part of the question but info is here and here.

3. Yaxchilan

Yaxchilan Kobold

Thank you!

4. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Personally I prefer the Tenderizer for anti-armor due to the 1-1 cost vs 2 major tokens, but obviously 3 sundering is NOT as good as 5, but armor is not usually an issue for my style of melee builds.

5. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I have been wondering this too. The one that jumps out at me is the Party Leader Hat, but the Dodge nerf might have dimmed its luster. I'm not sure I'd use it over, say, the Tough Leather Cap. The Jolly Robe and the Festive Robe (already entertainingly reviewed here in its non-holiday version) also look like possibilities.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I use it a lot in SP, but didn't actually buy one. I prefer it to Focused Crushing due to the token cost, but whether it's worth the money to you is your call.
    I love these for buffing priests. No LOS requirement for two good heals and a frenzy. What's not to like?

Ector likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Party Leader Hat is the best helmet with Sprint, Team!, but most people prefer to have their warriors be the target of that card rather than the source. Recommended if you play multiple warriors or want more than one ST in your deck.

Holy Knight Armor is a great way for priests to get Arrogant Armor, which is especially useful in Secret of the Elder Mind.

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  8. Torsk

Torsk Kobold

9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Sir Veza and doog37 like this.
  10. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I would wait for some better items .. I agree with Bandreus about Hylithia's Robes .. but I would only buy it if I plan to use it..
    I think you can play wizards without that one as well (I have it and I did not run it in my buffed wizards..)

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Well, Luke's Iron Hand is a lot better now since the Telekinesis buff. Before the buff... yeah...

And Torsk, I agree with Bandreus and Drakkan - save your money, as there are much better items to spend 2500g on, especially if you're poor.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Hylithia's is the only one I would consider, but wouldn't buy.
    Luke's is okay but plenty of cheaper items with Telekenesis.
    Boxton's is good, but if you are going for a fire mage there are better items with 3 burn attacks, although Flame Jet is a great attack in any build.
    St. Tesrim's is three cards that don't fit together in any way. Shimmering is a half dead card (meaning useful against 3 wiz teams, less so with 1 or 2 wiz and dead against all melee teams), and there are plenty of other items with Mass Frenzy and Spear of Darkness.

Hylithia's value is to a specific builds but is rarely the right way to go. The Arcane Shell is great since it is added damage plus keep, but now that frenzy works with magic it is less useful. The Harnesses are good for a Savage Curse build by giving you an extra card in hand, but then it makes the Shell less useful since you might wind up discarding it. I like it and would be happy to get one, but not worth 2,500 gold. Additionally I hesitate to use a robe w/o Resistant hide.

13. Accent

Accent Hydra

Mine didn't reset tonight . . . was this due to a patch or something?

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

15. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

It gives you more options which is always nice. If I didn't have one I'd buy it, but I also have gold sitting around waiting for items I don't have.

FDrybob likes this.
  17. Ector

Ector Hydra

Totally agreed, sir, except for the buying recommendation. With the nerf of Mass Frenzy and many other cards, Crusher became even more powerful than it was before. Maybe Focused Crushing is somewhat doubtful, but not Advanced Crushing. This one should be bought without hesitation.

18. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

What do you guys think about Charwell's Ring, if it means spending the last of your gold? I have an effective Firestorm farm team, so I don't really NEED it, but i really sort of want it....

19. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Chartwell is nice ("clean"), but if you plan to use it for your already 'effective' FS team, then you wont even notice 1 chartwell .. 1 FS more or less..
    (I felt far bigger improvement when I started using Reliable Mail in FS builds.. than +-1 FS)

But .. 1 chartwell is a way towards 2 chartwell's .. then 3 .. and zome Azgul's etc :) .. I bought my first CH, then I dropped one, same with Azgul's Orb .. now that's already 4 ..

As I said - I bought mine.. but you can surely farm without it .. and effectivelly.. as I did for 6 months.. you might even drop some one day
    (its not like I feel a big difference even now that I use 4 of those.. before FS nerf that would BE A BIG DIFFERENCE .. but not by the time all mobs get into FS range I always get enough of firepower)

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It depends upon your goals & holes. Chartwell's Ring is my favorite of the doubles for a pure FS build because SPR can give that one extra step I often need to get my dorf into firing position. It can qualify as a "must buy" item, but if you're satisfied with your current FS build and have several other items you'd rather buy, it probably isn't worth spending the last of your gold.
    The big unknown is whether anything else worth buying shows up in the next week.

Bandreus and Drakkan like this.