Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. I think the only thing I might want more for my vamps right now would be a second Bynzer's Black Spear. And maybe not even that.

Accent and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  2. Kazaf

Kazaf Kobold

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

4. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

FDrybob likes this.
  6. Lageru

Lageru Kobold

Hey Guys, here is some items that I am interested in this week. I am thinking of getting the Staff of Embers, and the Quick Jon's Buckler.
    I have around 5K gold please let me know what you guys think!

Legendaries:

Staff of Embers,
    Quick Jon’s Buckler
    St.Portia’s mail
    Perfect Foot work

Epic
    Apprentice insight

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Randi is offering me Focused Crushing which I want soooooo much for Aristocat, but I still don't have enough money saved for the Christmas items.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Woo hoo, old Randi finally brought something good for me! Apparenly it's a week of Violent Spin for me :) Or maybe Sabo's week? I've got both Sabo's Flamespit Staff and Sabo's Mirror, but they don't seem good enough to spend 2500 gold on them.

Bloody Command I'd be happy if I wouldn't have three already.
    Bruising Dervish. The damage is low, but two Violent Spins for just two minor tokens is insane. Plus, the damage can be pumped with Crusher. What do you think?
    Reap The Whirlwind. Now this is a serious thing. Low number of attacks, but wonderful tech. I'd buy it immediately, but I already have one. Will the two-Reaps warrior be too insane or not yet? It's possible to play both, Bruising Dervish and Ferocity to have *seven* Violent Spins on one warrior, but I guess that would be definitely insane :)
    Sundersong. I have none and going to buy the best anti-armor weapon in the game.

9. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Is Huetotl's Firebrand still good? I haven't seen many vamp priests lately even with all the fears of the vamp apocalypse.

10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

That's like asking if Coke is good after they took out the cocaine. Still pretty fricken good.

11. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

I am not a huge fan of Coca Cola, but I find your response amusing. Will purchase just in case I need a priest like this in the future. :)

12. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Bloodshield Of Xoc - Any thoughts? Looks good.. what would be alternatives in "block any" category? (I already have 1)

13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

14. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Nice .. dont have that one yet :/

I'll stay on 1 Bloodshield then.. thanks

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well it's up to you whether do you need a second Bloodshield, but Ichabod's Buckler is clearly much worse. You aren't going to wait until your warrior drops to half health, are you?

16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

How can you believe that Wounded Block can be better is out of my imagination. Last time you've argued for Desperate Block, and I could at least understand the argument about not triggering on the weak attacks. But Wounded Block? If you're at full health, you will have just to discard it to keep the cards that might be useful.
    Comparing Defender's Block to Disorienting Block is difficult, since both are brilliant blocks, but completely different. Defender's is the only block allowing to cover the wizards who cannot carry shields, while there are some other blocks with movement, and the uniqueness probably makes the Defender's "better". Still, it isn't so much better to save the awful shield in one copy.

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The problem with Bloodied Block is that its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness. An opponent can throw anything at it to remove 100% of the time if you aren't at full hp. At its worst, Wounded Block still works 1/3 of the time. Do you throw your strongest attack into it? If you do you still have a fair chance of getting blocked. If you don't your strong attack will sit in your hand until you draw the block out.

Clearly we won't convince each other to jump ship and I think we've both made our points. Please, for the love of everything that's good on this Earth leave it at that. Here, I'll even link the previous "discussion" for all to see.
    For fans of short stories like War and Peace

19. Kazaf

Kazaf Kobold

ok thanks, just got the staves now i only has 3 gold. need to save up again. T_T

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  20. Yaxchilan

Yaxchilan Kobold