Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

No luck for me @ Riddle

#1 UURR(R)
    #2 UtRtRR(R)

2. Calling all patrolers! Just a friendly reminder that we've only got an hour between the move and the reset to find the little guy today, so, all hands on deck.

It occurred to me that, if we all picked one of the longer adventures to finish right after the move, we'd stand a better chance of getting it done in time. I've been practicing my wyvern-killing, so I'll take the Cliffs. ;)

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Two things:
    1) If you're going for the let's get the long adventures done off the bat, consider starting sometime before the fairy moves and completing everything but the last stage of the adventure, so for Cliffs you play the first 3 stages, then after the fairy moves go back and finish the 4th stage (maybe this is what you had in mind). That way you only have to get through a single stage rather than the whole adventure after the move time. *Note: Of course once you "set up" an adventure in this way you can't play SP until after the fairy moves so plan accordingly.

2) As long as you've loaded CH prior to the reset and you don't refresh the client (or have it crash) you can continue to search for the fairy after the reset time. The adventures will only reset at your first load of the game after the reset time. This can essentially give you more than the one hour if you need it. (It can also be used to sneak in one extra fairy hit tomorrow if you're crafty. :cool:)

raffishtenant and Bandreus like this.
  4. Ha, neat. That was indeed what I had in mind for (1), and I suspected that (2) might be the case, but I'd never actually tested it.

5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

If you want to get super-optimized with this, you can actually start the last module of an adventure (leave the browser open), and then wait for the fairy to move before scoring the last victory point (i.e. kill the last opponent or w/e).

The current fairy position gets evaluated on the server-side whenever loot rewards get rolled, so the fact you started the last adventure/adventure's module before the fairy moves doesn't prevent you from getting the bonus loot (as long as the fairy already moved and is present at the current adventure at the time the adventure is completed, of course)

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Timing is everything.

Bandreus likes this.
  7. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

By the way, this thread has been viewed over 100,000 times.

Sir Veza, Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

We broke XenForo's design a long time ago (page numbers don't fit in their little rounded box, at least on my screen). I'm pretty sure this thread will keep breaking more stuff as things go along.

10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Have Black Plume ready to complete and will take High Mountain Pass after.

Bandreus likes this.
  11. I messed up and killed that last wyvern too early (forgot he'd just drawn Vulnerable), so I'll tackle the Swamp King instead.

Edit: Aargh. I can't seem to stop killing more things today than I meant to. Make that Return to the Astral Shrine then. Must...not...finish...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'll take care od the Elder Mind. I know the Fairy is been there only recently, but that's still one of the most annoying to check.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'll work the wyverns.

14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Whoops, the last Mind Flenser killed himself with a ill-timed Brain Burn. I'm waiting for the Fairy Move time on the "Adventure Complete" screen. Will press the "Onward!" button after the reset, and hopefully that will still count...

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

No fairy at Elder Mind, it would look like

16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Not at Black Plume or High Mountain Pass. Checking Astrals.

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not at CardStock II, trying with Black Oaken Heart

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Not at either Astral or Gladiators. Checking Batford.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not at Black Oaken Heart either. Trying Lair of the Golden Dragon

20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Not at Batford or Troll Tyrant. Checking Citrine.