Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Not too much for me this week, though I did pick up my very first pair of Mouse Boots, which I'm happy about.

I'm considering picking up Crazy Sal's Halberd. Seems like it would be pretty good for a stabby elf, especially if you weren't running a buff priest, but it's pretty pricy for only three attacks. Any thoughts?

Godtouched Mace showed up too, and as I was comparing it to the Healing Hand Mace I had to wonder: What makes the Godtouched a legendary and the Healing Hand only epic? Both are level 18 with the same token cost, but the Healing Hand has two gold cards whereas the Godtouched is all silver. Are ranged and step attacks weighted more heavily? Hold-over from the Nimble Strike nerf? Or am I missing something totally obvious? Just curious.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Rarity is based solely on the rarity of the cards and how many duplicates, not their quality. Mighty Bludgeon is a Common, which is why Healing Hand Mace is only Epic. They are the same level because Mighty Bludgeon is considered Silver for priests.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

The two things that jump out at me from this week's Randimar's are The Strongarm and Sundersong. If I had unlimited funds, I'd grab them both, but since I don't I'm more inclined towards The Strongarm. Since Sundersong requires two legend tokens I'd get a lot less use out of it for SP farming. (Incidentally, how do you get the token graphic to show up in a forum post?)

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

It's under the smilies in the formatting bar.

I'd 2nd your instinct of going with the strongarm.

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  5. Yaxchilan

Yaxchilan Kobold

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Crazy Sal's Halberd is a pretty extreme weapon. Personally, I don't have much experience using it, but I do like Polearm Slash. The 3x Blind Rage means lots of deck thinning, on top of the potential bonus to dmg output. I consider this a very interesting weapon but, again, I don't have any real world experience using it, so maybe someone else can chime in and offer an additional opinion.

Out of all the legendaries you listed, the most interesting (at least to me) would be:

These are all pretty good, although probably a tad niche-y. I don't like advocating spending pizza on specific items, so I'll leave that sort of judgement to you.

For the epics, I'd get the chance and buy the Staff Of Glowing Coals. Both Firestorm and Volcano going to be pretty handy for farming almost every campaign module.

Also, the correct way to list items (little button with the green orb as the icon) is:
    Code:
    [ITEM]Item Name[/ITEM]
    As opposed to linking cards (little button with the stack of cards as the icon):
    Code:
    [CARD]Card Name[/CARD]

Jarmo likes this.
  7. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

*Major tokens
    this is a legendary token:[​IMG]

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  8. Yaxchilan

Yaxchilan Kobold

FDrybob and Bandreus like this.
  9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

10. Yep, all worth having, but the Lavastaff is arguably the single most excellent thing a burning wizard can pack for the middle portion of the campaign. I'm lucky enough to have two and would pick up a third in an instant.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

1. Run through all the adventures you can.
    2. Repeat the adventure you can run the fastest as many times as you can. (This can be step 1 if the loot fairy moves before the next reset.)
    3. Get very lucky with legendary & epic treasure drops. (More a hope than a tactic, but what the hey. Best wishes on this. :))
    4. Buy the Lavastaff first. It can help with steps 1 & 2.

raffishtenant likes this.
  12. Also, while this is implied above, in case it's not obvious: do at least the portion of your farming where you actually complete adventures between the time the Fairy and Bandit move and the reset. That way, if you find the Bandit (which is hands-down the best way to get those badass treasure drops), you'll be able to hit him up a second time after the reset.

Oh, and (3) can definitely happen. A couple weeks ago I got four legendary treasure drops in two days, from about five total hours of farming the first half of the campaign: I think it was two from the Bandit, one from Looty, and one from the first or second battle of some random adventure. That's not typical, obviously, but it would have gotten me more than halfway to your goal. Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Sir Veza likes this.
  13. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Quinn's Buckler is a tokenless Dodge shield now. That is a huge upgrade.

doog37 likes this.
  15. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

Quinn's Buckler is in my randimar too. I am tempted as seeing my opponents playing dodge has been quite successful.

16. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

17. Questor

Questor Ogre

Shieldripper is a nice weapon but to take full effect you have to face a lot of blocks which usually happens only in certain leagues like Triple Duel. In normal ranked play a Bejeweled Shortsword has about the same value.
    The Bludeonator was not really worth it when you compare it to Infused Greatclub and now after the nerf the saved major token could be invested into better alternatives if you want max damage, like the famous Bejeweled Shortsword.
    As for the Lavastaff, buy it. It makes almost all adventures a lot easier and quicker.

So just farm 2,5k and you donĀ“t have to regret later that you bought items you rarely use.

Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  18. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

This time around I'm tempted by:

St. Portia's Maul - Both Strong Bludgeon and Consuming Spear are solid attacks. Seems like a lot of weapon for no token, although with only two weapon slots on priests maybe you'd generally want something more focused?
    Mithril Mesh Slippers - Reliable Mail is always nice, and Scamper could be great for closing in for the kill on a wounded enemy hiding behind teammates. There are a lot of good minor token boots out there, though, and some of them I even have (Kelharin's Clogs, Salazar's Sandals, Diamond Moccasins).
    Xander's Boots - No question these would be great for a wizard. But are they worth a major token?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Divine weapons tend to be split between attacks and support cards so St. Portia's Maul is about as focused as you can get. You can't really ask for more out of a tokenless weapon either.
    The problem with using free move cards to get behind enemy lines is that they become isolated themselves. I'm usually content with just having the wounded character essentially being out of the battle for the remainder of the match. I've never used free move boots so I could be selling them short but I wouldn't get Mithril Mesh Slippers.
    Ulalia's Boots is generally going to be better than Xander's Boots.

Mr. Magnifico and Bandreus like this.
  20. Accent

Accent Hydra

You will find no bigger booster of St. Portia's Maul than me. Highly recommended.

I do wonder if I'd rather have it with Consuming Touch, as it was pre-balance changes, though. Hmm. Damage v. range. . .