How did you beat dense woods?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

So the people who have cleared all maps how did you manage to beat dense woods i just cant do it. I mean the mobs have a higher average damage then my warrior and hes got a pretty decent attack set. They also have about twice the hp of my party and on top of that ranged attacks that make line of sight deeply complicated.

2. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Yes it's a pain, even smokebomb doesn't help much(you still get aoe'd), your wizard is key to killing the trees, particularly with spells like firewall. Btw if you manage to get a 2x2 tree waste its move card and then put a firewall under 3 of its squares... it'll take 30+ damage(more if currently "combustible") at the start of the next round.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The problem is there are no 2x2 trees there or i could probably do it actually >.<

but smokebomb it is i still didn't putt that in my kit for some reason. Seams a tiny bit broken tho since it feels like its the awnser to all my "this stuff is impossible what do i do?" smokebomb! maybe look in to both smokebomb and the mobs :p

big thanks!

4. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Oh and the first mission where there's little cover and they throw aoes at you... spread out. Make your warrior chase the closest one. Basically this fight is about doing lots of damage fast, so warrior and wizard need to get some good cards... firewall is still good if you can make them waste their move first(warrior chasing can help). Priest tossing out as much heals as possible meanwhile... it's hard but doable.

Mission two you can group up in the bend near where you start and bunker up, win by attrition.

The boss is a 2x2. :D

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I crushed the dragon with firewall as my wizard was at 1 hp lets see if i can get a repeat :p

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wait, really? We were told this back in September:
    So what you're saying is that they have NOT updated it since the demo, and you can currently kill large boss monsters up to four times as quickly (using all four tiles)?

7. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier