Legendary find!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I see one for sale in the goblin bazaar today for 2500 gold. :p

The Goldleaf Blade
    Weapon, requires a silver pip and a bronze square.
    1x Obliterating Chop
    3x Perforating Strike
    1x Strong Hack
    1x Parry

2. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Not saying they appear too often, with no way to trade its a good thing to be able to see them. I'm saying i dont want every slot of every character decked in legendary, it adds a gear ceiling too high where vets would have a clear advantage based on gear along.

3. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

I think the Talent system is in place specifically to stop that from happening.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Isn't legendary just a rarity tier? I mean, there'll be rare's of a higher level that might actually be better? Also, the talent system pretty much stops and all legendary outfitting unless you're lvl 30?

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I'm completely with surgeon fish on this one they shouldnt be the best thing and plentiful enough so you just have them as the final tier in every slot.

Just as somewhat of a power indicator we have seen a lvl 1 armor with cards i didn't see until a pair of 8 boots that needed a talent to be used. So its pretty clear legendarys at least for now how a whole different kind of power.

6. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Heck one of my go-to weapons for my warrior is a lvl 2 rare club with nothing under 5 damage(1 strong bludgeon, 2 trained bludgeon, 3 able bludgeon), no talent reqs. It's nice for low-level missions or to fill my third slot.

Meanwhile my only legendary gathers dust from disuse.

Rarity isn't everything. All my best arcane items are commons.

Zoorland likes this.
  7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I know what you mean my warrior is using the most riddiculus weapons right now two of the same and its uncommon but still i cant imagine how good a lvl 17 legendary weapon would be compared to it.

8. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

The legendary i found proves that some may not require talent points

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

That is my understanding they ease up on the talent requierments and/or get access to niche card suits.

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That sounded unclear. As far as I know, there is no "easing up on the talent requirements."

At level 1, you don't need talents. SurgeonFish found a level 1 Legendary: it needs no talents.

Go up to the level 17 you stated, though, and all items of all rarities will need talents.

11. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

13. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

Well, an item's rarity is determined by the cards it provides, right? So by definition, a legendary will come with a higher number of high-quality cards. I think the trick is to make them good enough that they're exciting to obtain (D3 failed hard at this), but not so good that they completely outclass every other option to the point that other cards are irrelevant (most games fail at this one instead). And, as you noted, sometimes there can be too much of a good thing.

My prediction is that, as you get closer to the level cap, legendaries will start having prohibitively higher talent costs.

14. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Lord Batford just droped me this one. :)
    On a balance note, it's debatable wether it's any better than Hefty Chopper, which is the same level(13) but common and is 2 white pips instead of white+bronze, and it's arguably worse than Warrior's Axe, lvl 16 rare.

15. Ironhead

Ironhead Kobold

16. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

It's not "almost", the bronze squares aren't half talents, they are a higher level talent than the white pips.

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Well i personally think that weapon is really powerful considering how strong parry is and that every single other card on it is just fine. But you are right that the power difference is subtle at worst and just fine at best based on that weapon.

18. GiftsUngiven

GiftsUngiven Kobold

I picked up my first epic item from the 2nd round of the Ruby Circle mission:

Club Of Wrath
    epic.jpg

2 Violent Overswing, 2 Bludgeon, 2 Unholy Frenzy. Totally great for my priest! For those not in the beta yet, Violent Swing says discard your oldest card + do 10 damage.... Ends up being pretty awesome because lots of early enemies have 10 health or less!

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Not to pee on your good fortunes but this thread is discussing legendary items not epics. Congratulations tho that item is very very nice and will last you a good while most likely.

20. GiftsUngiven

GiftsUngiven Kobold

Hah, you are so right! I didn't even notice what I was saying was so out of context :)