Loot and Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

As you may have heard, Card Hunter is on its way to tablets (and maybe other mobile devices) via DropForge Games. Rather than a straight port, DropForge is extensively reworking the game for mobile devices and, to reflect this, the mobile game will get a new name: Loot and Legends.

If you have more questions about Loot and Legends, you can visit its Facebook page or sign up to the twitter feed.

Blue Manchu will continue to grow and develop Card Hunter in parallel with Loot and Legends. You can look forward to the big balance changes coming, our exciting new Quick Draw mode, co-op play and other exciting developments that are in the pipeline!

j3st3ri, Pengw1n, Stexe and 1 other person like this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yep. Saw their big announcement. Definitely curious to see what they do with the game!

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Woo! (To quote an obsolete soundclip.) Anything that advances the game and gives it a long, healthy life is good.

Also of note, the Loot and Legends website shows a can of Critical Cola.

4. Stexe

Here are a few screen shots I've been allowed to post of Loot & Legends. Not much showing gameplay yet, but I'll let you guys know when I get more I can share:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Stexe

I've also found this screen shot online. I'm led to believe it is a bit old though so it may be completely out of date and changed, but thought I'd put it here just to give an idea:

[​IMG]

6. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I'm pleasantly surprised by these screenshots (I love the world map in the third one). I guess I've been under the impression that loot and legends would just be an adaption of cardhunter for a mobile UI, but it's looks pretty distinct! Any comments on how similar/different it is from Cardhunter?

7. Stexe

Only that it will be different due to the different market. Most likely a smaller price point to get into. No clue if they are going with other typical freemium things like stamina or whatever. Just that right now they are focused on making the UI and usability the best since there is a ton of text in the game that needs to be read on a smaller device.

And yes, everyone loves the World Map they have. =)

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gee, why don't we have an Umbrella Deathstick? :(

BawlingBrawler likes this.
  9. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Card Hunter is one of the very few free-to-play games whose monetization doesn't make me cringe. I hope this doesn't get lost in the translation to Loot & Legends.

10. Stexe

Or Axe of Brutal Legend, Stick of Truth, Cut Cut Cut Cut Cut, or Hammer Time! Such silly but awesome placeholder names. =)

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Smaller than free? So they'll pay me to create an account?;)

Interesting that they seem to be redesigning the items from scratch. Of course, that's what I wanted Jon to do during the recent rebalancing, but he didn't because it would take an insane amount of work (1682 items, excluding undroppable and holiday items).

12. Stexe

You know what I mean. Price point to get treasure hunts and membership and other things (they are still working on the economy).

As for redesigning items -- no idea if they are doing that. The was just a mock up. I don't know if they've decided on how to re-design the systems / items / whatever yet since they are focusing on UI right now.

13. haho

haho Orc Soldier

this is great news!

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

i would be happy - if i had a "mobile device" with internet connection :(

15. It is a shame they are making it for iOS only.

16. Balor

Balor Lizardman Priest

:(

17. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Right. When I saw "on its way to tablets" in to first post I was thinking maybe I could play it. But the website seems to imply iPads only for the time being.

18. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

Hi there everyone! My name's Jason, and I work on Loot & Legends. Stexe can vouch for me. :)

Android is still on our radar! The team is focused on getting the game out for iPad's first, but after our initial release (which is still a short ways off), we're going to see about getting the game out for Android tablets as well.

19. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

By the way, if anyone has questions on Loot & Legends, please feel free to ask! I can't answer everything, but I'm happy to answer what I can. :)

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  20. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

Are you going to redesign cards and game rules too?