Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

All my other team run boots are gold token. Hmm, I have trouble actually deciding which of those three boots are best. Opinions? The Epics are of course cheaper, but they are also pretty likely to drop as I play multiplayer more.

2. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Correction, I now have Miligar's DT .. as probably all of you guys ;)

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Salazar's Sandals are very good. Both Team Run and Energizing Move, plus a piece of armor.

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Try to have the equal number of Jets and Globs.

Surely you didn't, as it's the ONLY divine armor with Grounding Plates in the game :)

Yes, it's surely better... until everybody will play electricity.

Why do you think it isn't good?

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't know that I'm any wiser, but the O-chops are deemed better in SP than MP. With this in mind, check out Bolg's Big Iron Plate, available for (minortoken)(minortoken) instead of (majortoken)(majortoken).

6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

If you aren't hurting for Team Run I would wait for Captain Cedric's Boots. If you need a pair now I like Salazar's Sandals for dwarves and Rhood's Boots for everything else.

A second Tongue is probably too much Flame Jet. At most you want to draw one every other turn. Spark wizards are much less common than other types of wizards so unless you want the extra heal Cintxotl Mail is going to be better. There are a ton of melee builds running around at the moment. Axe of the Titans costs too much just for the two blocks since chops generally suck in multiplayer. I would look for weapons with double Dodge and better attacks instead or a Bolg weapon for an easier token cost.

7. hwango

hwango Hydra

There's a copy of Riptide in my Randimar's. It would be my second. I haven't really been using the original, but somehow the idea of running two (or even three someday in the distant future) and trying to get Impetuous Slash to go off like crazy seems like it could be amusing, and I'm tempted. What do people think of Riptide? Worth trying, or always eclipsed by other options?

8. iruj

iruj Orc Soldier

In the end, I didn't get anything from Randimar last week.

This week I have the following:
    Berian's Locket
    Clovidian's Mail
    Hand-held Ram
    Hawlic's Handy Axe
    Illusion - This looks like the only legendary I'll definitely buy.
    Quick Jon's Axe
    Relic Of St. Darqar
    St. Gwendolyn's Armor
    Taltec's Staff - One dropped a few days ago, haven't used it yet.
    Wym's Fiery Pin - The Halloween skin looks cooler to me.

Magma Scepter - a nice upgrade over Xipil Ring (have 3 of those)
    Pip's Anklet - Flash Flood is fantastic in certain leagues, in my opinion.
    Untouchable Plate - I have Axamander's Ringmail, still looks interesting though.

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

Nice weapon, but I wouldn't buy it. You will rarely need two for a single warrior, and there are better options.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Are you going to skip this? It's very good.
    Untouchable is better, but it's up to you whether it's worth the gold.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  11. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Well, i look at these things in MP terms and it lacks techy attacks and the damage isnt overwhelming for two yellow. I mean i guess im answering my own question, but sometimes the value of an item is not obvious to me until someone provides a different perspective.

Ok, ill hold off till i get Avakira's Cup. Thanks :)

12. iruj

iruj Orc Soldier

I haven't decided yet. I guess I should get it, but I don't play warriors too often in MP.
    Thanks for the advice.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have to say, I never noticed that Axe of the Titans was so similar to Bolg's Big Iron Plate before. Thanks Sir Veza!

Also, I bought Miligar's Dragon Tongue. I'm having some serious regrets though- What I really wanted was Wym's Fiery Bangle, and after some thinking I have discovered why.

My firestarter wizard looks like this:
    (minortoken)(minortoken)White Flame
    (majortoken)(minortoken)Barnum's Staff/(minortoken)(minortoken)Sabo's Flamespit Staff/[ ][ ]Torching Staff
    (minortoken)Avakiria's Cup
    (minortoken)Wym's Fiery Pin / (majortoken) Rantic's Orb of Inner Fire?
    [ ]Brin's Storm Locket / (minortoken) (Miligar's Dragon Tongue)
    [ ]Brin's Storm Locket AKA wish it was Azgul's Orb
    [ ]Firehide Robes
    [ ]Corian's Boots
    (minortoken)Focused Pyromancy
    Raging Battler/(minortoken)Trained Toughness/(majortoken)Perfect Toughness

The problem is, once I equip White Flame + Barnum's + Focused Pyromany, I've blown all my minor tokens already.
    Not to mention, I get one Flame Jet from Barnum's already. So now try and balance out the Globs of flame/Flame Jets. Assume ideal ratio is 5/4.
    *Bangle/Bangle/Bucket (5/4)
    *Tongue/Cup/Bucket (5/4)
    Bangle/Cup/Cup (5/4)
    Also:
    *Bangle/Tongue/Bucket (4/5)
    Cup/Bangle/Bangle (4/5)
    Cup/Cup/Tongue (4/5)

**Bucket/Bucket/Tongue (6/3)
    *Bucket/Cup/Bangle (6/3)
    Cup/Cup/Cup (6/3)

Now what if you only have two? Assume 3 Globs/3 Jets ratio.

*Tongue/Bucket (3/3)
    Cup/Bangle (3/3)

Also:
    Bangle/Bangle (2/4)
    Tongue/Cup (2/4)

*Bucket/Bangle (4/2)
    Cup/Cup (4/2)

+ possible Azgul's glob (Max 2) and Barnum's Flame Jet. Not ideal for lower levels...

So, regardless of your exact ratio, it seems clear that Buckets/Tongues are the most restricting. And Buckets cost a major...

My conclusion is that Cups and Bangles have the most flexibility when it comes to getting the most out of a fire wizard. The fact is, when it comes to using Dragon Tongues, you often want to compensate that with a glob-heavy item like Smoag's Bucket, which is a waste of a token(Mostly in lower-level SP), or you will be forced to use items like Rantic's (which *might* be worth it) or Wym's Pin. For someone like me that enjoys burning my way through campaign, I am now fairly certain that the Bangle would have been a better purchase.

Long story short: Miligar's Dragon Tongue is cool, but Wym's Fiery Bangle and Avakiria's Cup are hot. Also, more useful.

I would say that Bangle is superior to Tongue, always. For end-game collectors and firebugs it's a must.

***HOWEVER, there are a large volume of rare/epic Glob items and that may justify getting a Tongue initially.

14. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I like mine, and it's possibly the best Sprint, Team! item in the game for non-humans, but I don't think it's worth going broke over.

Melancthon likes this.
  16. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Thanks for the input. It's one of the strongest temptations I've had in the last couple of weeks. I don't think I've ever been sad to draw Sprint, Team! (except when my priest is the last one alive of course) and having another in the deck seems like it could be a big deal. We'll see how my funds look come Saturday.

17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

You can probably put off your purchasing decision. It was one of the items in the holiday theme shop last year under Party Leader Hat.

18. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

If anything, that actually makes me more inclined to buy it now, just so I could have two!

19. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Alright, here it is, the end of the week, and I have to decide between:

Forrtescue's Feathered Cap (I know I love Sprint, Team)
    Bolg's Club Of Evasion (I've heard good things) and
    Chalchu's Hammer (looks nifty)

I also have Azgul's Orb available, but I'm not about to spend that much gold to make my firefarming teams a little bit better. I MIGHT be able to swing another 800 gold tomorrow and get two of the above, but it isn't likely.

What would YOU do?

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

Don't even think about it. Your support chars should move your warriors, not vice versa. Look for Bloody Command instead.
    And it's really good. Three Dodges will help any warrior, and the attacks aren't too shabby.
    Well, it's really very good. But the vampire priests rarely have problems with the blocks, so I guess Bynzer's Black Spear is better.

It's the best item for the burning wizard in MP, so I guess it's worth the gold.