[META] Centurion Challenge

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

[​IMG]

You fight them back, but still they come! Can you really score 100 points in this Quick Draw challenge? Probably not, but you might still place on the leaderboard. Download this custom scenario and give it your all. To battle!​

This scenario has its own leaderboard up on [META], so you can see how you stack up against other players. If anyone else builds leaderboard-friendly scenarios and wants to see them up on the site, throw me a message and we'll figure it out. In the meantime, can you beat my score?

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

and........ DONE.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Don't see my name up on the leaderboards yet, but I also got to 100 ;)

(edit: seems fixed now)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

What works well? Getting a ton of healing? Maxing armor? Flash flood?

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Wait. Wait. Wait! You want us to reveal our secrets?!

6. Farbs

WOW
    Three people have won the scenario already!
    The leaderboard sorts by score and then by date, so there are still 97 perfect score slots available before it all fills up.
    The next challenge might need to be a bit harder :)

It looks like there's a bug in the scenario hash system, and it's creating two different hash values for the same scenario. Either that or a handful of you are cheating :) My best guess at this point is that it's somehow related to either operating system or flash player version or flash player bit depth. Regardless it's a bit worrying. I've modified the leaderboard to watch for either of the two known hash values, and manually added the scores that were missed. Thanks to Vakaz for reporting this.

If anyone who plays the scenario posts in this thread for the next little while could they also list their OS and (if they know it) their flash player version? That might help me track this down. Ta!

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

All you need is a good set of blocks, plus healing. Hole up in a corner and hit them as they come one by one. I got bored with my block-smash-heal cycle at around 30 kills and then bum-rushed. ^_^

8. Farbs

Hmm, yeah I was a bit worried about the spawn corners, but they didn't seem to help much when I tested it. I'll have to test a bit more next time.

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well I ended up facing WWE so I wasn't able to turtle in a corner even though that was my original plan. I ended up all over the board for the 100 points.

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Windows 8.1
    Firefox
    Flash 14,0,0,179

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And there I am, in last place. I was planning on turtling, so I thought Trip would be fine, but Gary had two wizards with terrain attachments.

Windows 8.1
    Firefox 32.0.3
    Flash 15.0.0.189

PS. When Gary plays Quick Draw, sometimes he uses two identical figures instead of getting the color variants.

12. Farbs

I just ran 32 on a turtle game. I used terrain overlays on the entrance tile to dissuade Gary from getting too close, but then ran dry for a round and lost a wizard moments later.

13. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Healing is probably the most important. Blocks are also a big deal, especially Bloody Block if you can pick it up. I got lucky with a Dwarven 1/1/1, which didn't hurt at all. Remember that you will be seeing every card you pick a LOT, so choose accordingly. Cycling is good as always, but for the sake of your sanity, DON'T TAKE FRIGHT.

Farbs, if it wouldn't be too difficult you could add a "turns survived" stat. That way people who get to 100 stars can still have something to compete over. Just a thought.

14. Farbs

Counting turns is an interesting idea. I think for a scenario like this it might be better to rate fewer turns above more, so it's more like a race to 100 points. I like that there are limited places available on the leaderboard for this challenge though, so I'll save the idea for the next one.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  15. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Yes, fewer turns being the higher rating was what I had in mind, sorry that I wasn't clear.

16. Farbs

Woo 5th!

2x Elf vamp/damage/heal Priest
    1x Dwarf heal Priest
    2 hours 10 minutes :eek:

Melancthon likes this.
  17. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hey, looks neat! Let's see if I can find the time/patience to bludgeon that many foes to pieces.

18. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Had a winning strategy early but restarted because it was taking too long.

Eventually lucked out with elf fighter, human priest (healing), dwarf priest (vampire) vs three mages. Enemy attacks were light, with a lot of terrain nasties, but I had three counters for that + moves, and the AI seemed to like cooking itself with volcano. No MF, unfortunately :(. They got the human down to 12hp one turn, but otherwise never got close. The most frustrating thing was trying to position the fighter for chops.

Win 7 Pro
    Firefox
    Flash 14.0.0.179

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

So how does the leaderboard record multiple plays? Does it record each score? The highest score for a given player? Or their most recent?

20. Farbs

It records the highest score for each player, and the time that you first achieved that score. So, anyone with 100 points is finished.