Hidden Bandit thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by wavy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

For those who have questions about the Hidden Bandit, here's what we know. I've quoted my original post below for posterity...

The Hidden Bandit transforms all loot from the final battle of an adventure into treasure.
    The bandit will be at just one adventure each cycle.
    The cycle seems to be 25 hours and changes at the same time the Loot Fairy moves.
    The bandit won't be at the same location as the fairy.
    The location of the bandit is random for each player.
    The bandit can be at any adventure, including ones you haven't unlocked or purchased.
    Loot will be upgraded in the same way the Loot Fairy upgrades the final chest i.e. at least 2 uncommons, 2 rares and at least a rare in the club slot, so the sale value is minimum 100GP or 140GP with club membership (except for Garnet Demon Portal and Lord Batford's Manor where you get an extra rare for 40GP).
    Loot can be upgraded further if the RNG is in a good mood!
    Theoretical maximum loot is LLLL(L) = 4000/5000GP (or 5000/6000GP for those two adventures mentioned) - best of luck hitting that jackpot roll!

Let us know about your luck - after all, more treasure means more lovely Randimar's Rarities to add to your collection!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    vitreo84 likes this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

And since they didn't announce otherwise, I suspect the Bandit will move either at the daily reset or at the LF move time.

wavy likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think the bandit moves at the same time as the fairy, and is never in the same location. The bandit's location is 'local' like Randimar's stock; that is, it's not in the same place for all players. He also only gives treasure, so he's a guaranteed 100 gold (140 with club), up to a max of 4000 (5000 with club). Good luck hitting the jackpot!

Sir Veza and wavy like this.
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

So that means he'll only move on client refresh (unlike the fairy that moves on the server side)?

5. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Yeah good luck with that lol :rolleyes:

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not sure about that one...

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If you look on my account and tell me where the bandit is, I'll test it for us ;)

ParodyKnaveBob, wavy and Lord Feleran like this.
  8. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I've played 30 adventures today and can't find him, so that's me done for the day. Hope you guys have better luck.

9. Accent

Accent Hydra

I was just thinking today, how whenever you get a Legendary or an Epic, it's the last drop in the chest. Are all chest drops at least as rare as the item that preceded it?

Is it possible to get an all Legendary chest from beating an adventure or MP match? If so, I assume the odds are just staggeringly high.

10. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yes, all chest drops at least as rare as the item that preceded it. And it should be possible to get all legendaries from one chest, just very highly unlikely.

11. Accent

Accent Hydra

I lucked out and found the Hidden Bandit. Mine was at Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison.

URRL(U)

Dwarven Panatellas

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Chests are sorted by rarity after being filled; a few times I've seen treasure hunt rewards in the third slot instead of the fourth. And I know someone once got two legendaries from a 2-common SP chest.

Sir Veza and Farbs like this.
  13. Accent

Accent Hydra

I believe you, but this sounds like "I totally know a guy who died because he mixed Pop Rocks and Coke."

Confirmed that the Hidden Bandit was in the same location post-reset, but I only got UURR(R) this time.

Glad that he stays, gives us a little bit of an edge if we can locate him the first time.

14. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Huh. So it's worth doing a little hunting each day before reset, because if you luck out you can get a double dose...
    Good strategy for players needing gold, esp. new players.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Diamonds of the Kobolds for me. 1st - 300, 2nd - 140

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Accent and Veza, was it all treasure with Bandy? No normal items at all? Certainly sounds like it from Veza's total loot value.

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

All treasure. The base appears to be UURR(R).

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks!

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Just clarifying this further, cause that could be misinterpreted by people not used to the drop system.

Every item from a chest has a minimum quality, then a chance for a better drop gets rolled, per item. Whatever is the result of the "bonus drop quality" on a given roll has no effect whatsoever on subsequent drops/rolls. The drops are sorted into slots according to "minimum guaranteed quality".

I.e. if you open the 1st gold MP chest the per-item chance goes as follow: C+, C+, R+, (R+)

You can very well get a Legendary in the first slot, but that obviously isn't going to mean you'd automatically get an all-legendary chest because of what gets rolled as the first slot-item.

What I'm getting from what Flax said is the loot chance for the Bandit is Ut+, Ut+, Rt+, Rt+, (Rt+)

20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Not quite. There is a minimum quality and you can always get better than that quality, that is correct. And what one item results in does not determine other items. HOWEVER, after the items for the chest have been selected by the RNG they are rearranged in order of rarity. So while a common+ minimum can result in a legendary item in the same chest where a rare+ only gives a rare, that legendary would appear in the chest after the rare. This means that the only way the first position of a chest shows a legendary is if every item in the chest is a legendary.

Yes that's the long and short of it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Bandreus likes this.