"Aristocat": a high-powered, high-class format

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Jun 10, 2014.

1. UiA

UiA Ogre

Well yeah that's common sense stuff, I also have a couple sprint team and a team run but I guess I was talking more of cantrip style attack moves (lots of flank would be very good here) and the fact her boots are devoted mostly to armor. Another issue she has is lack of blocks. But its Aristocat so its all good :D

2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

What's the highest rating an aristocat build has hit in ranked play?

neoncat likes this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Challenge accepted! :D

edit: uh-oh, I just realized this means my shiny new VP will probably need to get scratched >_<

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Mine's currently at 1109 (started at 1124).

6. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Oh man, I just hit 1500, so I'm going to stick with my real team, but if I happen to nosedive I will definitely have to give it a shot.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Inspired by @CT5's video and a desire to show off some of my new legendaries and figures, I'm trying to put together another Aristocat team.

First of all, I'm doing Pure Aristocat: Legendary or nothing in every slot. So no Nimbus, AoA, or Resistant Hide.

My dwarf burn wizard is pretty solid, and I can do an okay buff or vamp priest, but how best to show off my prehistoric elf warrior? I've got Focused Crushing, and at first I was going to try 2x The Bludgeonator and Porior's Nimble Mace, but elves don't really want to get up close and personal, so I switched to Vibrant Pain, Crazy Sal's Halberd, and The Strongarm, but I'm still uncertain.

I could drop the priest for a crushing dwarf warrior to back up the slashing elf.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Since I'm taking off work for the holidays, I thought I'd see if I could actually win a ranked MP match using an Aristocat build. So yesterday I dusted off my current MP party, made a couple tweaks, and actually won the first game I played! Then I started alternating wins and losses and I decided that as much as I loved my Lunging Bash elf warrior, she was dying way too fast (mainly because I'm impatient and keep sending her in first). So I swapped her for a boring old burst wizard, and my new build has a win rate of 78%, enough to put my guild in tenth place for the season.:) Of course, part of that win rate is because I'm starting at 1000 ELO.

I'm using "Pure As Possible" Aristocat rules: epics for arcane skill and divine skill, legendary for everything else. I don't run humans because I don't have any of their racials yet (I'm buying Bloody Command if it ever shows up in the stores).

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Just posting here to say that if you see me in the MP lobby, invite me to a match! I've got a couple of teams set up that I haven't tried yet....

CT5 likes this.
  10. visak13

visak13 Ogre

A Poor Man submitting his build :/
    Gifting Bag
    Level 18 Human Priest

Troll Cigars
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Orc Painting
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

11. visak13

visak13 Ogre

I liked how empty pockets is better than most of the divine items :p

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Guess who double-dipped the DD last night?

My first true aristocat build:
    aristocats.png
    Boulder Shoulders
    Level 11 Human Warrior

Incitement
    Level 21 Dwarf Priest

Shiny!
    Level 21 Elf Priest

This build is currently undefeated in ranked MP (one battle against someone with 1000 ELO).

13. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Bump to bring this to a new generation of players :p