Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

Tough week for me:

General Jelom's Helm
    Heartripper
    Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    Og's Boots Of Peril
    Quinn's Buckler
    The Lunginator

And White Flame in Daily Deal

I don't own any of these items, and I only have money for 1 legendary now. Regarding White Flame, I don't own staff of (a million) embers, I think I can only use it with my Sabo's Flamespit Staff and my Roaring Staff (I also have Staff Of Fire God but I don't think it would be optimal).

EDIT: Looking again, I don't think I'm nearly ready for a fire wiz build, because I don't own any arcane item with more than 1 flame jet/glob of flame.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Ok, well since you only have enough for one, i will try to break it down from that perspective. Cutting down to just high impact/necessary for builds legendaries i would say we start with this list

Heartripper : probably most single target direct dmg staff in the game (with a full handed enemy of course) but it took a hard hit after the nerf to range.
    Mordecai's Staff Of Magma : excellent item for SP farming, nothing else like it. So if you are an SP farmer then this is your winner
    The Lunginator : I keep hearing good things about it in bashing builds with Crusher but i feel it is a niche item if you are missing the other pieces.
    White Flame : key component of fire mage, but you already said you don't have the other pieces so you should probably pass.

So after that break down, i would say that none of these are a must buy unless a build you are going for fits one of these items. I would say Heartripper has the most universal application as its great for high life, high card count bosses in SP and can potentially pack a punch in MP as well. If none of these fit a need for you and your resources are that limited then maybe you should figure out what you do need and wait for that. Or you can go farm gold but that is no fun. Hope this helps a little.

3. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

Thank you, I already bought The Lunginator because I think I have equips that play well with it and maybe it fits a build that I like. If I collect 1500 gold pieces during the week I can choose another item :)

Ector likes this.
  4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yeah... I still don't think I would buy one. I mean, SoP has two 7 damage sparks + 4 damage bolt. PF has one 9 damage spark + 2 Punishing Bolt. I feel like the damage of Punishing Bolt is only so-so on most maps; and on the maps where Punishing Bolt IS really good, I would want to use Staff of Chask instead... hmm.
    Looks like Painful Flashstaff isn't a bad investment. It is a pretty strong item.

5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

WhiteSorcerer likes this.
  6. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Here is my Randimars.. tough luck continues .. In whole last month I've bought 1 item .. anything worth now ? (as imho, there isnt .. again):

Elemer's Diadem - got 1 already .. ok cards .. maybe too unfocused? .. I've already got items with multiple copies of cone, glob or stone spikes
    General Jelom's Helm - I agree with Jade above
    Hand-held Ram - no .. there are much better Barge items if needed somewhere at all
    Highbolt Jerkin - looks decent
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots - not for 2.5k .. I've got 3 mouse boots and other Flank Move items..
    Quornic's Battleaxe - i dont think I would use it
    Staff Of The Arctic - nope .. got multiple cone of cold arcane items if needed
    Superb Toughness - am I ever going to get Raging Buttler :(
    Suvv's Boots Of Escape - I prefer Team Runs

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

If you play SP much more than MP like me, this is an instant buy. It's a wonderful staff versus both the fat monsters and the hordes of small ones.

Agreed, you can live without it.

I don't have "firsthand experience", but I would definitely buy it. This is the only weapon with three Polearm Slashes, and the only weapon with three Blind Rages. Actually, I'm jealous, since it's one of the few items in my wishlist :)

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

Welcome to the Guild of Crushers and Bashers, bro! It was definitely a good choice.

As for the staves, I think that both Mordecai's Staff Of Magma and Heartripper are great and unique, but I'd choose the latter since Volcano requires a great playing skill which I lack alas :(

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Unfortunately, you're right. Keep your gold for the better items.

I have it too, and marked it as crap. You don't need armor-pumping cards on your armor, since the armor should provide the cards to be pumped.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I've owned several Crazy Sal's Halberds for a long time and I never found a use for them. Using it seemed to require twisting my whole warrior build around it to accommodate it and I still ended up with something inferior to other builds I could make. This was before the latest nerfs, though.

As to Mordecai's, when you have that many Volcanoes (together with those from your Arcane items) you need less skill as you can just spam them until the opponent runs out of moves and then you have large swathes of lava onboard which you can bash and magick opposing characters onto.

With Heartripper you end up doing little damage way too often. It's good against the large boss monsters, though (but not Blizkenripper...) Or maybe I'm just too impatient using it. I should wait until next turn more, I guess. But then I need line of sight. Getting that at the right time needs skill also. Maybe a bit less than the Volcano waltz, though.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

At least it opens a lot of options previously unavailable. Elven warriors should value it a lot, since it's hard to get three Blind Rages for them, and three Polearm Slashes are welcome too. When I will get the Halberd, I promise to start a thread with the builds for it :)

To play two Volcanos per turn you will need at least 6 copies in the deck, preferably 8. This requires a dedicated Volcano build, while Heartripper can be played by almost every wizard.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Good points, Ector.

Volcano is one of those cards that gets better the more you have. My SP Firestorm triwizard parties carry a bunch (I have one Mordecai's) and I can often have three at hand over the party in one round. Sick burn, so to speak. I'd buy five more Mordecai's in a flash.

14. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

I vote for Bloody Command. If you don't have even one copy, it will help you a lot.

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Bloody Command is neat, no bad cards there for a token. And Sprint, Team is amazing sometimes.... good item, if pricey.

I use Trainee Command (tokenless) along with double team move skills or double Leadership (Advanced Flexibility).
    Lastly, the human skills with Parry are useful. Then Bloody Command, last.

I highly recommend you pass on all of those, Grimmace. Bloody Command is the best of the bunch if you like humans.

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

18. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Well, at least they look really good.

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yes, most of the legendary items in this game look really good.

20. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Welp, at this rate it seems like I am going to leave Deadly, Deadly Staff behind this week. My mindset is to save my gold for Mordecai's Magmastaff, Searing Pain or Blue Destruction. Thoughts?

I have none of the three, but I do have Dianon's Staff, which is cheaper on tokens for 2/3 the Deadly Sparks, even if the last two cards are not great.