The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

The problem is that other items (Crimson Morningstar, for example) have more damage (certainly, 1 more attack) but lacks movement and only one card actually deals more damage. If Eixocl's Hammer had Strong Bludgeon instead of Dodge, I think the difference would be more clear. All you really get out of the Morningstar is one Powerful Bash. Which is nice. I just ordinarily wouldn't pick a weapon for bashes AND damage, just one or the other.

I don't like to use the Morningstar on principle because it has Bludgeon and Weak Strike, both cards are weak and often dead. Might as well be using a Blunt Sword at that point. At least the cards on Eixocl's Hammer are very flexible; it's one of the better weapons with Pressing Bash.

Now if Crimson Morningstar had the Bludgeon replaced with a Lunging Bash, that would be pretty sweet.

2. Ector

Ector Hydra

3. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Giant Skeletal Arm can be fun on mid-level SP missions, but only those that don't have ranged creeps.

Wavering Faith is a terrible card, but it is one of the only surefire ways for an all-priest party without gold tokens to remove armour. Found this out as I'm leveling up a dwarf priest party for that Citrine Demon Portal quest.

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Turns out all of my Sundering Strike divine weapons are gold token. There are four double blue divine weapons with SS, two epic and two legendary. But that's the way.

Of course, between the abundance of UF, MF, Blind Rage and other buffs, armour's not a huge problem for SP all-priest parties. Plus, the AI has a lovely habit of discarding its armour a lot of the time (although certain creeps love to hang onto armour cards).

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

7. Ector

Ector Hydra

Today's deal is:

Robes Of Foz. Looks pretty decent, if you consider it provides you all 3 good cards: the great armor and two long-range escapes from the enemy warriors with drawing cards! I have one and seriously recommend buying it. With the Firestorm nerf, this is probably the best tokenless robe in MP.

Crespin's Shroud. Cause Fumble is a strange card, never liked it.
    Dworia's Soulstone. If you like to use Savage Curse in close combat, this stone is for you.
    Japper's Energy Boots. I have them, but never used them. But if you don't have better boots, these may serve you well.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have Robes of Foz and I seriously recommend you don't buy it.
    It does provide a tokenless Reliable Mail, and for a robe slot that is unique and impressive. It also gives Dangerous Maneuver X2, which for a dwarf wizard may come in handy. But 2500G for a tokenless robe when you can get something with Resistant Hide for 500g or less? Heck no.

Crespin's Shroud is the best source of Cause Fumble for a minor token, better than the legendaries. Cause Fumble can be pretty cheesy, it's either completely useless or insanely annoying.
    Dworia's Soulstone, as we have discussed before, is a useful niche item. It's no Bleneth's Frenzy Tome, but it has it's uses.
    Japper's Energy Boots I strongly dislike. For how rarely I find Energizing Move useful, and for how many superior legendary boots with a useful card instead of Rusty Armor there are, I highly recommend that you don't buy these. Ever.

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

This is the most strange argument I've ever seen. "Yes, it's good, and all its cards are good, but you can buy the completely different robe cheaper"? Resistant Hide isn't going to help you much versus warriors, and the warriors are popular now AFAIK. But anyway, that Deal is ended, and the new Deal is:

Robes Of Avak Seth. Well, this one is really hard to spend 2500 gold on.
    Jaguar Buckler. Pretty good for a blue token and 500g. All three blocks are nice, especially Disorienting Block.
    Rapier Of Misfortune. Sigh...
    Red Shaman's Blade. The picture is nice at least :)

There are some very good rares today. Focused Healer is the core skill for a "vampire priest", Focused Pyromancy - for a burning wizard, and Acrobat's Aegis is one of the best shields versus the wizards: you have more HPs, so Travelling Curse is advantageous to you, plus Absorbing Block will heal you.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Rapier of Misfortune is one of the easiest ways to get Fly on a priest, even if it is like being forced to have a Bad Luck Charm equipped. The price is right...
    Red Shaman's Blade is nice, if you want Healing Benediction, that is. It's a good item, especially in SP.

But Acrobat's Aegis? Really? Haven't seen that one before...

11. UiA

UiA Ogre

Jaguar buckler is really good, robes are like ector said hard to justify cost, rapier is not bad for its cheap token cost, 3 good atks combined with 3 dubious curse, though bad luck isn't completely worthless, aside from lowering block and armor rolls its also handy for pushing off attachments or just as a stall without risking a pass. Red shaman's can be pretty decent too esp. in SP as noted.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Today's Deal is:

Staff Of The Misanthrope. It chases me! It really wants me to buy it! :) Begone, the damned staff! :)
    Well, actually it's a very good staff for farming, but the farming pros recommend to farm levels 2-5 daily instead of buying it.

Advanced Command. One of the best Human skills. Not as good as Bloody Command, but cheaper.
    Hrillia's Healing Ring. Very good healing item, if you can afford the yellow token. Personally I prefer the Jygpin's version :)
    Sparking Shell. This is only for the lovers of Shimmering Aura... I guess there aren't many of them.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Today we have The Perforator (AKA the trident which costs 2400 more than Piercing Pick), and:

Shieldpopper: Umm hmm. I don't think I would bother with this. It's all 5 crushing damage, might be good against goblins/stuff with Weak/Missile Block.
    Shimmering Helm: Good if you want a warrior in your wizard party (?) and for the Demon Portals.
    Staff Of Freezing Fire: Good for drawback quests, it also may be useful for debuffing opponents who like buffs.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And it works well against the crossbowmen in Lord Batford's Manor, which is unusual coordination between Randimar and the Loot Fairy.
    (Full Disclosure: I switched from Shimmering Helm to Necalli Cap vs. Batford's crossbowmen when step attacks were nerfed. Lochaber Axes just don't get one around like they used too.)

15. Accent

Accent Hydra

Wait, it does? I thought all the crossbow attacks were piercing.

EDIT: I meant "penetrating"

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I'm guessing Veza means Quick Reactions, although there's plenty of cheaper options for that.

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Both Quick Reactions AND Shimmering Aura work against projectiles as well as magic. Many people seem to miss the projectile part. And if you have one, the tokenless part is also pretty good.

18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I'm quite sure that shimmering aura is useless against penetrating projectile cards.

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Hmm. I could have sworn that the first times I ran it, only Puncturing Shot was penetrating. I wonder if Piercing Missile was upgraded? Never mind, then. Shimmering aura is even more useless than I thought.

20. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yep. Totally useless. Of course, so is any other armor against those arrows....except toughness. :p

Like I said, it's basically only useful for demon portals.