Card Hunter Fan Art

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Phaselock, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That first one with the purple is fantastic

Kalin likes this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Dead image for me.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  4. Based on first hand accounts and Gary's reaction, I have placed the descriptions given into a program to illustrate the Loot Fairy's true identity:
    [​IMG]

Megadestructo and Flaxative like this.
  5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Fixed, thanks. :)

6. that's exactly how i pictured the loot fairy!

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yuck! That's awesomely disgusting. I have a hard time distinguishing if that's a physical model or a 3D mockup...

ParodyKnaveBob and Phaselock like this.
  9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Its a 3d model made with a complete workflow (sculpt, retopo, textured, rigged, animated, rendered, post-pro) unlike my previous posts. I'm glad someone was disgusted by it. ;)

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Well, what can I . . .
    It's animated.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'd ask for a video of the animation, but I don't really want to see it. The dreams would just start again.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Animated here means unrendered pose-to-pose animation, like watching stick figures fighting. Most home pcs can handle low poly animations fine but the tsastii + scene isn't low poly enough. You'd need to commissioned a project and pay renderfarms to generate full technicolor HD cinematic Godzilla-type vfx animation. :)

ugh, guess I should have avoided gore/mature themes. :oops:

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Nah, I was just kidding :).

Phaselock likes this.
  14. Well done!
    You know what? That looks like it would go well with some shrimp sauce.

Phaselock likes this.
  15. toromorado

toromorado Kobold

VERY VERY NICe!!!! IMAGES AND DRAWINGS AND ART!!

10 OUT OF 10!!

MAKE MORE, REALLY INSPIRATIONAL!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Phaselock likes this.
  16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Shameless plug: my WIP piece on a bok huntress character fan art made top row on http://forums.cgsociety.org/
    Whee! :D

Now if I can get a card hunter piece to top row as well, that would REALLY make my day.

Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Fanart. Happy Birthday Cardhunter, the year has been a blast.

I love Ben Lees Artworks and the style he came up with for the boardgame feel.
    Me on my part can't help it but to look past the figures and see characters, a team i build.

[​IMG]

I got 250 Watchers on DeviantArt, maybe i can get a few to check the game out.
    Stop by and say hi if you are active on dA. http://fav.me/d7ytd62 (bigger version)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  18. hwango

hwango Hydra

This is a bit out of date at this point, but it took me a while to come up with a design I liked and then find the time to paint it. Anyway -

The Birthday Celebration brought us a pair of Kee-Tanh figures, which are awesome. But Card Hunter is all about threes! Why only two figures? And if we got a figure for a human warrior and a dwarf wizard, should there not also have been an elf priest for the purposes of symmetry? The answer is yes, there should have been. And since Blue Manchu still hasn't made one, I did. And so I present for your consideration:

[​IMG]

...because if you're going to make a cat version of the race with Dash as its movement card, you make it a cheetah. That just seems obvious. The Holy Catnip Mouse also seemed like a no-brainer.

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

20. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Very nice work! Love the concept, especially the mouse. Also, good job with the cardboard cutout look!

In case you are serious about drawing Card Hunter figures, I'll add some extra feedback.

Fine lines and details don't work very well when figures are shrunk and skewed for the "on-board" effect. We try to make them a bit bolder. I'm thinking that the spots might not scale very well, for example.

We try to have shields facing forwards or slunk over the back. It helps identify which way a figure is facing.

Elves always have pointy ears and are a bit thinner than the humans.

We really should add a custom skin option to the game :)