teh guilds r borked

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by neoncat, Sep 20, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

@Farbs, just fyi the guild thing stopped recording new battles a couple days ago. (No rush, but just in case you hadn't noticed yet.)

And unlike last time, I'm sad that it missed my stunning series of wins over the last two days... :D

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Arg! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance.

3. Farbs

It's back! Over the next few hours it should pick up all the battles that it missed. Performance will be a bit chuggy in the meantime.

Thx to j-wiz for rebooting the API service.

EDIT: It has caught up on all the missed battles now. I wouldn't normally bother reporting that, except that 99K ARE NOW IN THE LEAD! HA!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

@Farbs, there's something strange about @hatchhermit 's account, in that he doesn't appear in the roster for Double Rainbow and I can't pull up his profile, although there is a line in the DR guild history that says he was successfully registered with the guild and the guild size is one larger than the number of entries in our roster.

(Not urgent, but something to poke at sometime...)

EDIT: I suspect the problem may be that @hatchhermit may have never played an MP ladder match?

5. Farbs

That's probably it, yes.

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Lol. At least I'm consistent.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Consistent? You are undefeated in ranked play!

Sir Veza, hatchhermit and Flaxative like this.
  8. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

So what's up with the meta site showing two instances of the same game lately? It's also seemed very laggy, might be related.

It might actually be counting those games actually... uh oh.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  9. Farbs

Erp, yeah it almost certainly is.

There's supposed to be some code in place to prevent concurrent updates, sounds like the site is seeing more use and this code is failing. Will check it out.

10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

It's becoming self aware. Judgement Day is near.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If the game becomes self aware, it should develop feelings.
    If it does, I want to torture the RNG slowly and repetitively.
    PBAB.

12. Farbs

Hmm. I suspect the culprit might be the API response time, which is currently somewhere over a minute. My site was configured to check the API for new battles no more often than once every minute, however it assumed that it could collect all the battle data within that time period. Otherwise a subsequent page request could re-trigger the battle scraper before the last one completed, thereby scraping some battles multiple times. Urgh.

For now I've increased the minimum battle scrape time to 10 minutes, so it can take up to 10 minutes for your battle results to appear. This isn't great but should be more stable. Hopefully we can find a way to improve the API performance too.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good, but disappointing. I have no grudge against the API.

14. Farbs

I found a way to turbo-boost the API, hotfixed it, and cranked the battle scrape period back up to 1/minute. So battle results should be much more recent now, and [META] shouldn't lag as much when it scrapes on a page load.
    Now, back to work...

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Amazing!!

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Whether Turbo-Boost has any real meaning here or not, bonus points to Farbs for sounding Game-Techie. :cool:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.