The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

I am tempted too since it makes a good combo with my Boots Of Etzicatl, but I resist the tempting :) I am buying Superb Trickery after all! I guess if you're playing an elf, you aren't do that for his fast movement and Flanking Moves; you want something unique like Elven Trickery, Elvish Scamper or Slippery.

I have only one Raging Rock, so it's really tempting! Cannot imagine where to use it though...

2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I tended to use Raging Rock/Ferocityon my priest who doesn't need tokens as much in campaign. (2war/1 Priest)
    Now that I have all the Apprentice FerocityI need plus two of each of the above, I don't use them as much but it's an easy pick when I just want to use up that token.

In MP, I've used Raging Rock for a long time. The token can be valuable, but at times the upgrade from Desperate Block to Toughness is worth it. Toughness is just a super strong card, and on Raging Rock it gives you 3 cards that cycle (not to mention the damage negation + frenzy buff!).

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Oh suure Duncan's Chain Cap is crap but Duncan's Leather Cap is fantastic : P
    Nah, I'm just complaining about the Chain Cap since Aranak's Chain Web got a sweet upgrade but the Cap stayed the same despite inferiority to Lt. Buckwell's Strapping and basically any other Helmet with Chain Harness.

Don't write off the Crazy Boots. It's a cheap way to get Quick Run and high movement on an otherwise awkward dwarf. Just don't buy them.

Red Jon's Boots are good if you don't have any flanking move boots yet. I would skip them if you have any other boots with 2 Flanking Move already.

Umm Ring of Appropriation has to be one of the best arcane items in the game at this point. Are you kidding me?

j3st3ri likes this.
  5. Ector

Ector Hydra

No, it isn't fantastic, but it's the best Harness-based helm for a blue token. It's still not good enough to be played in serious MP for now, but if some day we will see an armor with three Barbed Platemails (for a yellow token, of course), I will play it with the Leather Cap.

Are there many boots with two Flanking Moves in the game? If you want the tokenless boots, the only non-legendary alternative is Mouse Boots, and I prefer Red Jon's. Even a rusty armor is better than no armor, especially for a firestorm wizard :)

Oh really??? Never thought that somebody still plays so nerfed teleportation.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  6. Ector

Ector Hydra

Today's deal is:

Berian's Locket - looks very nice. A tokenless item with all 3 good cards. I just don't know where to use it, and don't have excess gold to buy it "just in case", alas.

Armor Of Negation - there is little point of having one Arrogant Armor IMHO. Take two or none.
    Flax's Thirsty Vial - yesss! One of the best vampire items if not the best. I have just 4 of these, and will happily buy the 5th.
    Madman's Maul - too risky.

There is a Crusty Helm if you don't have it yet. It's one of the best tokenless helmets in the game, especially after the rebalance, when Weakling's Helm became even more wimpy :)

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

With all the movement nerfs it's become more popular.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Also, I fail to see how it was "nerfed". Telekinesis got a major buff, and Improved Telekinesis is now Gusts of War and deals 1 damage (which is boostable) and is more useful than negative.

doog37 likes this.
  9. UiA

UiA Ogre

wait how did it get nerfed ? telekinesis changed range 2 to 4, now teleport instead of slide... pretty sure that counts as a buff. Gusts is pretty much the same as improved tele except got dmg

EDIT : Ninja'd by Jade ;)

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Anywho, I'm not buying the Storm Locket, I'd rather have Chartwell's Ring or Azgull's Orb, much more flexible.

11. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I like Berian's. Spikes having stop helps more on some maps than others and I always like Glob of flame, which technically has the highest base damage (for a wiz) even though it rarely deals all 10.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was so happy for a chance to buy Brin's Storm Locket, and then was really depressed to see that it was the other legendary-locket-starting-with-B.:(

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

My bad, I swear it was the storm locket. I have one of each, and they look and sound similar. I like using my Berian's Locket/ Chartwell's Amulet in SP since it's always at the top of the item pool, and Stone Spikes are pointy. XD

14. Ector

Ector Hydra

15. UiA

UiA Ogre

I wouldn't buy em, but they are the best boot option for dual violent spin. Hide strips aren't really terrible anymore, basically just a slightly improved version of Mail

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

It's funny, I have 2X Pergop's Slippers but 0 Zachary's Boots. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy the slippers, no way!!

Ector, you can't assume that EVERYONE has the diamond, it is a treasure hunt reward, and not everyone has done it (but they should!)
    There are a ridiculous number of divine items with Cleansing Burst/Cleansing Ray and even Cleansing Presence, admittedly Noral's Cleansing Relic and Cleansing Diamond are some of the nicest ones.

Trained Combustion IS crap, silly item. Hot Flames is a terrible trait too.

Don't write off Vigun's Blessed Blade. I got one early in my first campaign and man, it is SO GREAT to have non-crushing damage on a priest sometimes. I especially like the Wavering Faith for enemy card removal. It's more useful than bad luck, bad medicine, etc .

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

18. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Well at least they aren't as bad as Ozerian's Boots.

I agree on Sliding Boots but I'd like to try out the new ABT before passing on the best ABT item. If you had multiple characters with buffs attached, you could give the cards to the right dude.

19. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

Very happy to get a chance to buy my first Sliding Boots! I didn't have any so I was using Wlakwa's Boots instead. Sliding is definitely an upgrade :D

20. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Dangit! I want Sliding Boots but can't buy them because my internet is down at home and has been for the last 24 hours. :( There will definitely be a call to complain when I get home from work today.