Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. UiA

UiA Ogre

its pretty non-standard running 6 OB on warriors and wouldn't recommend it but hey whatever floats your boat.

2. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

All I've seen (or at least all I've lost to as far as warriors were concerned) was OB with quick run / war cry thrown into the mix. Personally I despise OB which made me stop playing warrior builds and soon after that stop playing anything else than occasional drafts. What floats my boat are bashes and stabs in builds that can outmaneuver and/or manipulate but these are far from competitive so I couldn't really play those outside of SP. In MP i scarcely played OB and whatever advantage I accumulate over several turns by playing smart or as Jade puts it 'out-teching' my opponents can very easily go down the drain if my opponent manages to play two attack cards on me. The consistency of OBs being drawn without the need for card draw engines suggests that people are (or at least were) playing more than one of infused greatclub et al type of weapon.

If what you're saying is that the meta matured and warriors are not relying on OB than I will seriously consider investing in my warrior gear and try the usual MP again.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I'm not running any OBs nor Almighty Hacks on my warrior. They are definitely not necessary.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I'm running a stab warrior and a bash warrior, 0 nimble strike and 0 Obliterating Bludgeons. It can be done.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been looking for double Firestorm arcane items forever, and finally Randimar has an Azgul's Orb (and I can afford it!). Is it still worth 2500 since the nerf? Most of my SP playing is still based on Firestorm.

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

wavy, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Thanks, I bought the Orb and a second St Ulrich's Bones (because you can't get it from the Loot Fairy and I don't play MP or leagues much). And thanks the the crazy Loot Fairy this last week I've still got enough cash for another Legendary if something wonderful shows up tomorrow.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Accent

Accent Hydra

You can't? Couldn't it show up when the Loot Fairy is in any of the 15+ adventures?

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Nope, because Bless has an introductory level of 23, so you can only get it from the treasure hunt reward, MP chests, purchased/league chests, or shops.

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

That sounds familiar but I don't remember how we actually know that. Isn't Almighty Hack a level 21 card as well?
    :confused:

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As far as I can see, it's controlled by item. Giant Skeletal Arm has an introductory level of 27, and St Ulrich's Bones has an introductory level of 23. For everything else it is 18 or less. The introductory level for The Hackmaster is 1, so it drops by item level.
    The White Star Diamond doesn't drop anywhere except the initial completion of The White Star because it's a level 30 item. I think that covers the oddballs.

j3st3ri likes this.
  12. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Hey guys, got a few im not sure about but im leaning towards no on all of these. However, ive often missed out on a gem so any input is appreciated.

Bendolth's Pauldrons : Even with the buff to Hide Strips, i feel like this isnt worth the cash.

Fabrian's Shield : All nice cards, especially with the buff to catch arrow, but im leary of spending big money on something that could have dead cards if your opponent doesn't play a wizard.

Ring Of Majestic Healing : I have one already, but more importantly i feel like the nerf to FS basicly nerfed the efficiency of team heal. Before you could always run team heal as chances were decent you would face a FS team or you could use it to great effect on your own FS team.

Xlaka's Sacred Bundle : St. Bethan's Charm just seems better for much cheaper. I mean, why would they even make this legendary in the expansion?

So anyways, feel free to point out the error of my ways. Thanks!

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's the Level field in the Cards table (near the end of the line, between the set number and slot names); introductory levels for items are just the highest card level on it. The card with the highest level is Perfect Block at level 39, but the only cards available to players above 18 are Bless and Massive Chop. I think the whole concept is a bad idea.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Fabrian's Shield isn't a total write-off if your opponent has no wizards. Nobody runs triple warrior, they always use at least one priest/wizard if not more. After all, when your opponent suspects you may have a Block Any card they will throw Bad Luck, Triple Heals, Misguided Heal, Mind Worm or possibly Purging Burst at you (not to mention Entangling Roots) in the hopes it will remove that. Plus Defender's Block is awesome. You never know.

When it comes to certain... divine items, there are some you must consider. See Xlaka's Sacred Bundle, St. Bethan's Charm, and Jygpin's Healing Ring.
    The thought on Xlaka's Sacred Bundle is that it provides Inspiring Presence AND Mass Frenzy (not to mention healing). Bethan's/Jygpin's only have one or the other. I would use the Bundle in a new experimental build if I had one. See also Skull Of Savage Iljin, Knife Of St. Blenko for Inspiring Presence, and any Bleneth's items with Mass Frenzy not to mention the quintessential St. Olf's Fiery Pike.
    I don't think I would outright buy the Bundle unless I was sure that was the perfect item for my build. You have options.

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

OK so we have some new Rarities this week!

Bleneth's Skull #2
    ...Do I need another one? I have one of each item already except Tome.
    Gloomthirst
    This is a neat weapon. 3 card draw attachments on one weapon? Cool.
    Asmod's Telekinetic Chain
    Telekinesis is such a great card now. This item has two, and it's tokenless.
    Bynzer's Black Spear
    OK we all had this in the Daily Deal but now I have time to make some money for this? I've had a lousy time with using vampires so far...

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

By next week I should be able to afford to buy one Legendary, and my current choices are Dark Drewg's Mace and Focused Crushing. Or I could save my money in case even better things show up in the Daily Deal.

17. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Thanks for the insight Jade! I passed on them for now, but i do see your point on the possible baiting advantage of catch arrow on Fabrian's. But now on to this week!

Bleneth's Frenzy Tome : i know this should normally be auto buy, but i already have one, and a Bleneth's Skull and Bleneth's Frenzy Charm so i feel like i should hold out for Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion. That being said, its hard to turn down more 2x mass frenzy for 1 blue.

Illusion This is one i think i will buy, as it is very unique and there are very few items with illusory barrier. Anyone played with this at all?

Mullik's Blisterstaff : So i already have one, but its so good i want a second. Not only is it awesome for low lvl farming, but with the buff to Force Cone it has become excellent for 2 war 1 wiz support with Smoke Bomb.

Anyways, am i overvaluing any of these?

18. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Nope, you seem to know what you're up to Krodis.

-Tome: If you have a Skull AND a Tome, you really don't need two tomes unless A: You really want to swap out a Skull and use the greater token elsewhere or B: You're using crazy Savage Curse vampires like I am.

Illusion is pretty sick, I see Illusory Barrier being used in MP and it's overwhelmingly strong in Death March.

The Blisterstaff you *probably* don't want to use 2 of on a single wizard/2 warrior party. For farming, it's good but I would often prefer Staff Of The Inferno. Force Cone IS amazing, but what I find funny about it is that they changed the mechanics and now it damages + moves the furthest target first, which is very useful but funny how you can kill the furthest target . Try buffing it with Savage Curse XD

Pick your favorite tokenless legendary divine weapon: Cudgel Of Wrath, St. Portia's Maul or Dark Drewg's Mace. Now carry on...

I really want Perfect Focused Crushing but for Aristocat :p

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sound right to me.
    Randimar is working hard to drain my funds. 8 new legendaries last week and two more today. There are also a few I'd like more of, but the most tempting is a second Mordecai's Staff Of Magma. There are only a few SP levels where it's usable, but it can be helpful.
    Edit: I use 4x Mullik's Blisterstaff for tokenless farming. One advantage is that if you can't quite get all the enemies in range, you can move your mage and the rest of the pile a little bit closer.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't have any of those divine weapons yet (and Randi has the Cudgel this week too, but I like Drewg better).

And it's Focused, not Perfect (and this isn't the first time I've seen that mistake), and I was thinking of Aristocat too.;)