The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It appears to be for clerics who wish to incite others without getting caught up in it themselves. Silly in game terms, but I've seen it IRL. It makes me wonder if that's what the devs had in mind.

Flaxative likes this.
  2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

The best part was that I got mine from a common chest! teehee
    And it is indeed very pretty! Glad you have one (though I can't rub it in anymore, but it's still a funny story! :D?)

As for today's Daily Deal... Staff of Embers, Flax's Thirsty Vial, Gaudekki's Orb, and Crusty Helm are solid options. None of these are must-get imo, but I say that about most things (like St. Sebanna's!).

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

CT, what would you recommend instead of the Staff of Embers? Just had a White Flame drop, was thinking about trying to hook up a burny wizard with a support cleric.

edit: okay, maybe I should wait for the Staff Of A Million Embers. But we're talking an extra gold token for six Ember Bursts, instead of five.

4. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Staff of Embers is totally fine! If you want it to go with the White Flame, then go for it! I'm simply very stingy, so I don't buy too many items - I've probably passed on a lot of things that other people would insta-buy.

5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Haha, I feel the same way, but I farmed 8,000gp over the birthday weekend just selling treasure and excess items. I'm looking to get three legendaries that I'm going to use a lot. A fire mage looks like fun for SP loot fairy runs, too.

6. UiA

UiA Ogre

7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Master's Battleaxe is actually a decent- damage weapon, with chops. I always use it along with Giant's Battleaxe for doing certain campaign levels where the Oblits are invaluable. But that's because I 'm a crazy frenzy warrior.

Speaking of crazy stuff, I really want that Bynzer's Black Spear, but A: Spear of Darkness isn't the only range 2 vampiric attack anymore and B: I want to buy Darkblood Glaive much, much more. Before The Balance, I would have bought Bynzer's Black Spear, along with as many Glasod's Dark Skull as I could find, and make the ultimate flanking- spearing vampire. But times have changed. :(

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

I am going to buy Bynzer's Black Spear, since I have only two Vampire's Blades, but need to equip three vampires :)
    As for the healing rings, I have Ring Of Majestic Healing at my Randimar's. Do you think it's worth buying? I don't think it's worth a yellow token.

9. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I would rather use the Healing Hand Mace and use other divine items for buff and drain, I think it depends a lot on your build and how much you want to have Mighty B attacks on your priest. I have 2 HH Maces and I was a big fan when FS was in vogue. I have a Hrilla's Healing ring I never use because it is a Yellow and Yellows are critical to have with how I like to build Priests.
    I miss when having a priest with 2 Glinting Eye Hammers was a huge surprise to people since they were still hard to get since you couldn't buy 1 in the store.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Ector and The Final Doorman like this.
  10. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

Times have changed. Spear Of Darkness now deals 4 damage instead of 3, and Darkblood Glaive is worse due to the nerf to Nimble Strike.

I have to admit I find your thinking to be kind of odd. Wouldn't it be more attractive to buy the Bynzer's Black Spear and Glasod's Dark Skull now that Spear Of Darkness has been buffed? It deals more damage than any other ranged drain and is your best option for a spear vampire.

11. doog37

doog37 Hydra

If Iwas gonna run a vamp I would be all over Byzner's. I still might try to scrape together some coins for it.

12. Accent

Accent Hydra

I want Bynzer's so bad. Just don't think I can scrape together the cash in time.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I'm so confused. Look, I have Chalchu's Hammer and Atlatl Of Zuma, along with all of Bleneth's frenzy items, along with Hand Of Melvelous and a bunch of Badjeera's Black Relic. It doesn't make any sense to buy Glasod's or Melvelous items for 2500 g when there is Badjeera's/Wuuna's for only 500g.

Heck, Atlatl of Zuma is all heals, all cantrips with Talented Healer (I think) and functionally the only difference is damage. I see no reason to buy it.

As for Darkblood Glaive, it is an amazing item due to having 3 Savage Curse and 3 sweet attacks. I can't get enough of Savage Curse these days.

14. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

Badjeera's is...well...bad. It's strictly worse than Hand Of Melvelous. I'd pay an extra 2k for an item that is strictly better.

I'm not questioning your decision to not buy Bynzer's Black Spear or Glasod's Dark Skull. They probably aren't worth it for you. I just thought it was odd that you mentioned it would have been better to buy them prepatch, when they are some of the items that benefitted most from the patch. Especially because your alternative item, the Darkblood Glaive, actually got worse after the patch.

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

That doesn't make any sense. Before the patch, Spear Of Darkness was the ONLY ranged vampiric attack. So maxing it out? Makes sense.
    Badjeera's is one point less damage from Hand. I wouldn't spend 2000 G on an item where the only difference is 1 HP of damage, considering how rarely I kill an enemy with damage that is exact or close to the target's HP. Overkill is my preferred method.
    Now, currently the difference between the two items is that Hand has 2 range on all attacks while Spear has only 2 spears but the same damage. I haven't had any problems with ranged vampires yet, and until I do I wouldn't consider buying any legendary vampire items.
    Especially Glasod's Dark Skull, since Hand of Melvelous is tokenless.

Also, you keep mentioning Darkblood Glaive being a worse item, and you're completely wrong. It's the same item as it was before- Savage Curse hasn't changed, and it's not like one Nimble Strike made a freaking difference.

16. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I think what Jade is saying is that prepatch stacking the range vampire attacks made a different kind of Vamp priest that was even harder to kill. So those items were more valuable to that kind of character he was trying to build. Now the range is common place so they aren't as valuable.

Darkblood Glaive is awesome for the Savage Curses. My priest uses it to juice up my FS mages at higher level SP adventures. Armor doesn't matter when you're hitting for 8. Couple that with Firestarter and you're burning for 4. Throw in some Ember Burst and Fireball and things get sick.

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

The new Deal is here!

Jannivol Shield. All cards are good, but IMHO Dodge has a bad synergy with the rest blocks. I am going to buy Fabrian's Shield from my Randimar's this week; it's much better balanced and costs only a blue token.
    Gaudekki's Orb. Very nice tokenless item for farming.
    Mindsplitter Staff. Mmmm... I have one, but will probably buy a second one :)
    Torching Staff. Again, very good tokenless staff for farming.

18. doog37

doog37 Hydra

For the first time EVER I have at least 1 of everything at the DD store.

19. UiA

UiA Ogre

20. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I like all the epics, except I have 4 of each already.

As for Perilous Agility, I'm quite tempted. I'm just trying to think of an elf character that would really, really need those Flanking Moves more than having Cautious Mobility or even Risky Trickery.