Drag Item Here to Sell

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Kerensky, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Wow I've wanted this feature for sooooooooo long. Best feature ever, thanks a million!

Now I can finally just junk everything immediately rather than having to visit a shop after a few weeks to sell several hundred items at a time to 'clean house'. Because really, who needs 30 blocking mace commons? xD

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

It's just that 1000 times 5 seconds seems shorter than 1 hour. I won't believe it can win time in the long run if you are checking every time whether or not you have 9 of that weapon or divine item that just dropped.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's not a replacement for sell excess. That's still functionality I'd like to add as well.

doog37, Sir Veza, Jarmo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That's great to hear, thanks, Jon!

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Two possible thoughts:

1) Check to see if you have a full set of any rarity. I.e. I have a full set of commons so any chest that just drops commons I can immediately sell.

2) Another option is just to always sell everything and then once a day/week/whatever go to the Seconds Store and buy back what you don't have, since that list will almost always be smaller than selling what you do have. Depending on what your inventory is this could actually be rather a brief activity!

6. Lord Feleran

Yes, I've already considered these 2 options and I don't think they help either. 1) I don't have full set of commons. 2) This is not faster either.

7. Questor

Questor Ogre

Nice feature but as Feleran already mentioned, it is still more effective to sell in bulk.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

(as a player) I like this a lot because as I'm grinding I see my gold ticking up.

9. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I love this addition, although the giant "drag item here to sell" text makes the loot screen look a little ugly. Maybe a menu option to disable that text?

Also, the "take all and continue" button at the bottom of the screen is slightly confusing now, since you only take what doesn't go to Skarl's. Not sure what would be a better message though...

10. Lord Feleran

And this reset button when opening chests... wtf is this? :D It does nothing useful, just makes opening chests slower (and more complicated).

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It looks like a chance to reconsider your keep/sell option. It does slow things down. The Seconds shop is already a way to recover anything sold by mistake.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Actually as I understand it it's to prevent a potential crash. I'm hoping that it'll be unnecessary in the future once we work on this feature more.

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yep, Jon has already said he'll work on removing it:

14. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

The point is, that if used properly, this feature will remove the future need to ever go on a sale spree. Instead of playing for weeks and letting 10+ of each common pile up over time, you instantly sell them away as you play. It's no 'sell excess' button, but then such a mass selling tool is extremely powerful with the potential to backfire. Some items you really do want to retain many copies of. Especially legendaries, but even the occasional common, such as the Bejeweled Sword.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Okay, that's a really good reason.
    Some of us who farm heavily drop 5 to 10 thousand items per week. So far I've been hitting the wrong button sometimes, and it adds up. I think the potential for a Sell Excess backfire is why Jon is proceeding carefully, and in steps. With 'excess' set to the maximum usable number (12 for arcane items, 9 for weapons, etc.), I think it would work for most people. If anyone wants to keep extra legendary items, it would be easy to sort the seconds shop by rarity and buy them back for the sell price. Unless someone has a lot of excess legendaries.

16. ClimbHigh

ClimbHigh Mushroom Warrior

Nice intention for this change, but it will be much more efficient if it were
    "Take all and Continue" button than the Take All button now.
    We still need to move the mouse all the way down to continue.
    Current implementation actually takes us 2 mouse clicks if we use this new feature.

The ideal solution is to just having 2 buttons "Take/sell all and Continue" at the bottom only.
    There should not be a need to click "Open Chest"; the chest should instead auto-open after a short wait of 0.3sec

Flaxative likes this.
  17. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I actually like opening the chest myself. It increases the anticipation for me.