Release 2.42.0 (27 Aug 2014)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Agreed.
    I think I would never use the sell-my-loot-from-1-chest button. Checking if I have enough of all these 3-5 items takes too long. Easier to sell many things later at once. And everything else Banderus said, too.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I completely agree. New players often sell things and then regret it heavily later when they better understand the game (not even counting handicap items for challenges later on). I'm not sure their loot system can work by just giving straight gold -- there's no real UI for it (except the "gold drop and add gold" one that is used, but that doesn't cause an easy relationship that it was gained in a chest or how much was gained).

Ultimately, a sell excess or even a "filter excess" would be the best method. A button to sell equipment right when you get it would ultimately take about the same amount of time as any other selling method -- you'd have to go over each item to see if you have enough and then click the sell button.

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I guess dropping a pile of gold coins and increasing your gp balance accordingly wouldn't be the hardest thing to implement? A couple code snippets should do it.

If, by any chance, players not getting what's happening is a concern, you might as well have Gary pop up with one of his lines during the tutorial missions ("Whoooooo! The monsters got some gold with them, maybe you will be able to use it to buy something cool at the shops?"). But, given the stereotypical CH player is already familiar with D&D and/or other rpg-ish tabletop games/videogames, the "gold drops in a chest -> gold gets added to your bank" relation should be a given.

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, could be. I always thought it was weird that treasures existed at all.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It may not be useful, but I kinda like the way it looks in a pile. It harkens back to the treasures found in D&D, plus it's something else for collectors to collect.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Yeah, I agree on both those points. Which is exactly why I would suggest keeping treasures in, in some capacity. Ideally, you would most often get gold via direct gold-drops, while treasure would be rarer (i.e. imagine if common/uncommon treasure never dropped) and also possibly be worth more than it is right now.

You having to sell treasure way less often, coupled with any excess equipment being automatically converted into gold drops by the system would keep needless clicking down to a minimum. That'd be best of both worlds, if you ask me, although I do get some people like admiring their HUGE piles of treasure... until they actually need the gold :mad:

IIRC, the loot system first determines if a dropped item is a treasure rather than a piece of equipment. This is great, as the devs would be able to fine-tune how much gold players are expected to get via direct gold drops vs. treasure.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

According to Jon, rarity is determined first. I suspect treasure (Y/N) is determined next, but that's just a guess.

Lord Feleran and Bandreus like this.
  8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I definitely don't want to auto-sell a bunch of my items. I've been selling everything rare, except Boots and Gauntlets of the Giant, and now I have several dozen of each. Because they're awesome, that's why.

9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Well, noone would be making you to push that button.

10. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm just happy I can now turn off those treasures guilt-tripping me every time I get another one. The collectionist spirit is a hard one to quiet...

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Skipping the entire discussion of gold, gaming practicality, and new features, to say:
    Aw, dangit! There goes my alphabet soup build!

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Exactly why I want a "Sell Excess" button instead.

Fyra likes this.
  13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've been thinking about all the issues raised here and the next build will address them, to some extent. I'm not finished with my implementation yet but I look forward to seeing your feedback on it when I'm done.

wavy, PDXTai, Fyra and 4 others like this.
  14. I would like to see a slot next to each chest to drag the items that i don't need and sell them. If newer players sell good items, it's their problem. And if we want repurchase them they will appear in the Randy shop.

15. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

This. Thank you!

16. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

With the new item counts in the shop, a quick fix would be a "sort by quantity" button. Then you could find the excess you have for each item type quickly.

doog37, Ineptie, Bandreus and 4 others like this.
  17. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

I was going to suggest this , but you beat me to it

18. doog37

doog37 Hydra

What you guys dont enjoy selling excess commons for 1gp a click? I sold about 1400 gp worth of items 90% commons must have done 1000 clicks.

The problem with sell excess is there is not a clear line for certain items. For example there are items you can only have 1 per characters (skills, armor, helmets etc.) but then you have weapons at 2 or 3 per and items at 3 or 4 per. So then do you have a 10 part algorithm selling beyond the max for the items type (0 for treasures, 3 for armors etc., 6 for staves etc, 9 for divine items and weapons and 12 for arcane items). Granted I cant think of an arcane item I would need 12 of (well maybe the Copper Zapping Wand :p) but that would be the bar for truly excess.

What I would LOVE is 2 level sorting. I would love to be able to see both rarity and token cost for items. So I could quickly find my 0 token Legendary boots for example.I'd imagine it might be a bit confusing for people but I'd love it!

Oh and while we are on the subject of unsolicited ideas, I think there needs to a be a shotgun-like magic attack. It does max damage at close range and less the further away it gets. Like Disapating Zap. 8 damage at 1 range, 6 at 2, 4 at 3 and 1 damage at 4 range. Replace the SPR as the reason to not get close to a mage. On the contrapositive there should be a harpoon attack for warriors. It is range 3 and pulls the character 2 spaces toward the warrior, 0 base damage or as a utility card to ensure no damage. Finally cant leave out the ol' priest... Enchanted charm, can be self targeted, an attachment adds 2 to any roll duration 1 or Lucky charm same except add 1 to any roll.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Did you know that Hello Kitty is NOT a cat, but a girl from the UK according to Sanrio. Well not so much a girl as an anthropomorphism of a cat, who acts like a girl. Life is sooooooooooo confusing.

20. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

If there's a question of how to change the UI, I'd vote for replacing the "sort by level" button with a "sort by quantity" button. I don't find the "sort by level" button to be useful.

doog37 likes this.