[Suggestion] Buff healing spirit

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by piotras, Sep 4, 2014.

1. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Hi, how about buffing healing spirit?

Maybe make it heal 2 extra or make it synerigse with holy armor or something? Right now this card is dead.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

How is it a dead card? It replaces itself, right? Is it bronze quality?

3. UiA

UiA Ogre

Pretty neutral either way here but he does have a point . When choosing between the healing traits, healing spirit is always a non-consideration for me. Talented healer gives self-heal and cantrip, Holy presence gives proximity heal and more importantly, removes enemy attachments. Altruism gives you chance for draw advantages, and healing spirit gives .... 1 extra hp to your heal card. Maybe it would be considered better if people ran all-healing teams, dunno..

Also don't know offhand what divine skills it comes on so maybe they give some really good cards and that's a factor in its bottom tier usefulness, speculation here really haven't checked ingame or the wiki to confirm.

4. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

By dead I mean not being used for the reasons that UiA listed. Personally I have never seen it used and never felt like using it (altruism seems much better on dedicated healers). It only shines with cards like team heal etc. when it can heal up to 3 hp extra. However, this scales as your team drops down in number.

Maybe also give 1 hp when heal is 'triggered'? Like holy armor triggers per attack or healing benediction per round?

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

1. It isn't dead. I often use it with Novice Medic in tokenless builds.
    2. It cycles.
    3. It is bronze quality.
    It isn't dead, but it's weak. It is why the epic Manifold Medic is despised, and the rare Manifold Healer is sought after.
    Talented Healer (silver) gives a cantrip +2 healing to the caster even if the spell (or attack) is cancelled. (IMO, it would make more sense if the cantrip was restricted to 'holy' healing rather than unholy parasitic draining, but I'll use it on vamps until it's changed.)
    Having Healing Spirit (bronze) buff healing by 2 without a cantrip isn't out of line for a bronze card (check the wizard and warrior traits), and it might help make Manifold Medic less of a laughing stock.

ParodyKnaveBob, WexMajor and Robauke like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Don't get your hopes up.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

They're not, but it's good to deal with an unbiased rep. ;)
    The plain fact is, as I see it, draining someone elses health into yourself is not the same as providing healing.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I agree that flavorwise it is wonky.

9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Cmon now. Use it with Team Heal or Inspiring Presence and Healing Spirit gives (up to) +3 hp every time. Also you can combine it with other priest traits for bigger effect.

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Some expansion on the functionality would be nice, if not +2, maybe some secondary function as demonstrated by holy presence. No concrete idea what.
    Maybe 1dmg resistance / regeneration for the healer? An Anti-Vulnerable?
    Maybe 'Everytime any healing spell is cast, heal 1'? Ideas, ideas...

I think +2 would be kinda neat, ppl keep complaining that healing is underpowered, and i agree.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We kind of don't want healing to be very competitive, because it makes the game slower and less fun if it can easily counteract damage. It's already good enough to be relevant against some more control-oriented strategies. We don't want games ending in stalled-out DAMAGE-HEAL-DAMAGE-HEAL patterns.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

A very good point, thanks for the official word, Flugzeugabwehrkanone!

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Makes sense, and its exactly the reason why i dislike the vampire buff.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You and me both, dude. I've been complaining about the drain buff since it first hit the test server, but @Jon just. won't. listen to me.

;)

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

FWIW, I support the Healing Spirit buff to +2 Healing per target. On the other hand, I would certainly remove some vampiric spear attacks and remove the "heal 2 yourself" from Talented Healer. Also, Triple Heals would be Heal 2 to 3 targets, Bad Luck would subtract 2 from all die rolls, and Mass Frenzy would be Frenzy 2 not 3. Lastly, magical gnomes will mow my lawn.
    OK, maybe not the last one, but I intend to implement the rest of the changes in my world.

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Aw, the magical lawn-mowing gnomes was the best part. :( I want 'em.

Flaxative likes this.
  17. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

They're called teenagers around here... I think they're more trouble than their worth though. ;)

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That's why I want the gnomes. :D

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Snarky comment about gnomes = discussion going off topic instead of discussion about that thing I said. Yep.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I mean, while we're going there, you said a lot of things that were off topic too (Mass Frenzy???).
    It's a pretty casual conversation and there may be ways of steering things back toward Healing Spirit that don't involve sarcasm. :)