Gotcha! Rules FAQ

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 5, 2013.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

A multi-targeted attachment is put back into your deck when the first attached instance (the one that doesn't say "copy" when you click on it) is discarded. Thus, you can draw a card even though it's still attached to someone.

example: Cast Mass Frenzy when your first character is holding Arrogant Armor. Mass Frenzy will be attached to your remaining characters, but also return to your deck when it is discarded by Arrogant Armor.

This is mostly relevant for Quick Draw, where your decks are small enough for this to matter occasionally.

ParodyKnaveBob, doog37 and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmmm, very interesting! Not relevant for only Arrogant Armor but also if the non-copy card is on someone who dies or gets purged.

3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Something happened to me last night that I thought was interesting. I cast Arcing Spark on an enemy at range 3 which he blocked with Reflect Missile and then took the damage anyway. My wizard took damage, but it looked like since the spell can hit multiple targets, my wizard was in the spell range, and he was an enemy it went back and hit him anyway.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That's definitely something, what with auto-aiming. How many potential targets were standing around? Did you need to select your target or did auto-aim just take over? One could probably test this idea with a larger heap of enemies.

5. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I have the battle log snippet at home if that will help.

I'm pretty sure I had two options. I wanted to kill off the goblin or kobold (whatever it was) since it only had 3 health left. The other enemy was being taken care of by my warrior and priest. So that means I'm pretty sure I selected him. I saw the Reflect Missile pop up and succeed and I thought "Aw." Then he died anyway and my wizard took damage.

6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

That should probably be filed under "bugs". :p

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I think you mean feature. :D

8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Partially cleansing terrain attachments will return them to their decks.

9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Maybe one has to cleanse the square with the item's name?

10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You can use Savage Curse to remove armor from opponents (mainly the AI falls for this).

The trick is very handy with Cockroaches, Festering Zombies and other monsters with annoying anti-Firestorm armors when farming SP with a Fire Wizard/Damage Buff Priest party and with no other armor removal at hand. The monsters tend to keep the armor in their hand, you curse them and then when they attack (in the best case a Nimbused character) the armor is discarded. The +4 damage you might eat is often preferable to not getting any fire attacks through.

12. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Nice! This will make it easier when my support priest is my last character. I assume this means the same happens with Healing Presence.

13. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

The "immediately" keyword (such as on Staggering Blow only applies effects prior to blocks. Dodge and other reactions take place before the "immediate" effects.

(Lost a match due to this, yay. See also, Dodge OP.)

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Okay had an interesting one happen to me, but I don't know the details of what caused it (queue mystery solvers). I was in a normal MP match the other day and had an All Out Attack in hand with two attacks, I attacked with one and he blocked it but I retained the All Out Attack, so I hit for double with the 2nd. Anyone know what would allow retaining AoA on a blocked attack? I should have grabbed a screen shot/log but I didn't.

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Sounds like block taking effect before AOA. Since the attack gets cancelled, AOA simply never triggered.

Not entirely sure if that's the usual and expected behavior. But I reckon, that would make AOA non so All Out after all

16. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Disorienting Block might (?) cause that to happen (at the very least, I know that Savage Curse's discard effect doesn't trigger when a burst spell is cancelled by Disorienting Block)... the other candidate would be Dodge?

17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Typically AoA will be removed with a blocked attack so my situation is definitely not expected behavior. I don't think it was dodge because I remember attacking him in the same spot on the next turn though it's possible he stepped away and moved back and I don't remember. Disorientating is an interesting thought, I might have to test that.

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  19. Noticed when throwing my vamps up against the Elder Mind: his Reflecting Block card when it blocks drain attacks will deliver the healing portion of the of the attack to the attacker, healing him/her so that there is net zero damage dealt. (The block says it delivers any additional effects back to the attacker)