Order of attachments by character

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scarponi, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'm sure this is talked about somewhere, but I can't find it. What determines the order of characters for attachments triggering? I'm curious both on how it is determined which team's attachments trigger first, and how the order is determined for the characters within a team.

(To be clear, I'm not asking concerning the order of the triggering of multiple attachments on a single character.)

2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm pretty sure the order of which characters on a certain team is the same as firestorm, healing, and violent spin along with all those other things, it's in order from left to right on the bottom/top of the screen.

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Attached attachments trigger yes, from left to right eg the order you put your characters when building a party.
    First all attachments trigger for 1 team, then for the other team, left to right.
    Which team ones trigger first? Haven't verified myself but someone in lobby was soo 100.0% sure that "who passes 1st, burns 1st" so from there I concluded who passes 1st, gets attachments to resolve 1st.

Magic Elves likes this.
  4. Lord Feleran

K, this one is not correct :(

Gary passed.
    Lord Feleran passed.

Number1 discarded Team Run.
    Number2 discarded Telekinesis.
    Number2 discarded Illusory Barrier.
    Number3 discarded Instant Burn.
    More Zombies discarded Able Bludgeon.
    Zombie Mob discarded Zombie Mob.
    Dimensional Traveller triggered move for Number2.
    Number2 moved.
    Magma Spray damaged Number2.
    Firestarter added 2 damage.
    Number2 took 5 Fire damage.
    Instant Burn damaged Shuffler.
    Firestarter added 2 damage.
    Shuffler took 3 Fire damage.

He passed first but I took the damage first. I also took the damage 1st when passing 1st myself.

5. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Maybe it's whoever starts the game? Yet another disadvantage for the white team, I see...

6. Lord Feleran

No, I checked that it can change during the game...

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah I've always thought that that it seemed inconsistent. There's got to be someone out there that knows!

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This has been discussed before... I think the current theory is that it's the side that went first the previous round.

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Interesting, will have to test that when I get time. Unless of course someone *cough* @Flaxative *cough* would want to give an official word ;).

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

My official word is that I'm pretty sure it's geographical based on things I've heard and seen. I don't think it's based on join order and I don't think it's based on pass order. I think you want @Jon's official word :)

11. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Biggest problem i have is with Holy Presence. I never know if it will trigger before or after all burning attachments.

12. Lord Feleran

This should be easy. Attachments trigger on 1 char from left to right. If you have this on priest and nearby warrior is burning then it depends which character you have set 1st/which 2nd/which 3rd when building a party. First trigger leftmost's attachments etc.
    AND WE HAVE THE WINNER! :) Confirming it's so. Tried different positions on map, different starters every round... always the one who went 1st the prev round burned first. Thanks!

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah that's actually the card that inspired me to start this thread. That has more to do with order of characters within the team and not so much which team's attachments activate first.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Interesting, harder to track mentally, but I'm perfectly happy if we now know.

15. Lord Feleran

It also adds extra mental level to ranked play when there's fire involved (enough when both play Fiery Stabs). Usually you want to go 1st but if you're both near death with all your characters and you don't need to go 1st the next round then maybe you want to go 2nd just in case? :p

I've had at least 2 ranked games end like this (both players would burn to death).