Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

2. Accent

Accent Hydra

Yeah, I just bought those for collection purposes. Of course, now next week will have something amazing that I can't afford.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Quick note: Our primary motivation in rebalancing has of course been making PvP a more balanced, and hopefully more interesting, arena. Of course our changes have some implications on campaign or quest play, and most of these are unintended. Where necessary and possible, we will take steps to ensure that singleplayer play doesn't suffer from the changes we're making. Some quests are definitely becoming harder with the removal of Wall of Stone and the nerf to Firestorm, and that's an issue we're aware of. Regarding farming gold with Firestorm, the current "burn kobolds and don't finish adventures" paradigm is far from what we want to see players doing. Without making any guarantees, we do have a goal of changing things so that players can gather resources at a good rate in both PvE and PvP—preferably by other means than repeated Firestorm spam on the same level again and again.

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

So hopefully there will be some sort of "daily quest" for us to chase? I'd really like that, as long as they aren't as hard as the 1hp quest all the time.

5. MysticQuail

MysticQuail Kobold

How about an iron man mode? All characters have iron man levels and all items you find start with an iron man tag. If a character dies its iron man level drops to 1 (or maybe just decreases by 1) and all items it was using lose their iron man status and would no longer be useable in iron man mode. This would add some real challenge, and you could make levels completed in iron man mode give a small amount of extra loot.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There are a lot of threads for making suggestions and requests like these. Please try to stay on topic here.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Sooo Back on topic, I was just about to buy my third Divine Weapon legendary item: Darkblood Glaive. After all, I already have Brightblood Glaive and it makes sense to have both right? And then I had some second thoughts.

As cool as that (majortoken) (majortoken)Sacred Maquah with 3X Sundering Strike , Knife Of St. Blenko with 2X Inspiring Presence, and Darkblood Glaive with 3X Savage Curse are, my gold is limited and there will be a lot more legendaries to buy in the future (That I want more!). Based on this, should I buy Knife of St. Blenko in the hopes I can get a second one later? The other two I can surely only need one of each. Thoughts?

8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Inspiring Presence was used exclusively in Firestorm builds. Now that you need to be in range for Firestorm, Inspiring Presence is much harder to use effectively. It may be useful if Flash Of Agony builds become a thing but a lot of maps are terrible for it. I would rather get more Savage Curses. Wizards will probably become less controlling so damage buffs will be more useful.

hatchhermit likes this.
  9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

The thing is, if you want the most Inspiring Presence, you need Knife Of St. Blenko. If you want the most Savage Curse, you want Darkblood Glaive.
    I mean, if I really wanted to make a Firestorm build, Knife of St. Blenko is the way to go. I think. Especially if I had two.
    Or is it more viable to use Healing Hand Mace ? I have no idea how to build a firestorm party.

Why couldn't randimar have stocked Skull Of Savage Iljin instead? :(

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

For SP I use Healing Hand Mace and Jygpin's healing rings. For the next few hours, anyway.

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Absolem's Leather Shoes is one of the few ways to get harnesses on non-warriors, but it is indeed blah overall.
    Lenora's Prayer Beads is too narrow. I'd rather have area cleanse effects against the terrain attachment scenarios and for Volcano decks.
    Bloodfoot Robes is not a must have. Path of Knives is so easy to come by and you only want so many in a build since they don't stack.
    Staff of Blazing Sparks is fine. When you gotta have Volcano you can't be too picky.
    Sturdy Mail is ok but it's straight up outclassed by True Mail.
    All the other items have 2 strong cards and a weak one. I wouldn't get them since you probably have enough from other sources.

hatchhermit likes this.
  13. MysticQuail

MysticQuail Kobold

Hmmm Wellington's Shield seems like a legit shield now, but n0t sure if its worth the gold. Also is it better enough than Snitrick's Shield to justify the token?

Then there's Frennik's Soulstone. I'm not really sure about touch of death, but twin heals are pretty decent now. Really I've no idea how good this item is

14. UiA

UiA Ogre

Wellington's look ok acro block or whatever its called now is pretty decent now, but you're basically paying a blue token for it alone, since you can obtain wounded and icy together tokenless. on that note, Jaguar Buckler is in daily deal today and I'm pretty tempted to get another, I'm kind of thinking the new acro block as a similar version of surging shield block, even though you lose optional movement, is roughly equivalent for a warrior looking to get close and the roll is better, still, worth paying a blue token for this one? debatable.. but maybe..

Anyways I digress, I personally wouldn't get frennik's soulstone, but 500g isn't that much I guess so if you can find a use for it in your build why not, you could also get tokenless dual twin heal with Ajan's Glowing Vial, so you're paying a blue for the touch of death, which isn't a bad card by any means

15. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Wow, radimar's is INSANE now. There are 10 legendaries up, the best one probably the Strongarm: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Items/The_Strongarm

May actually need to buy gold for the first time ever, if this many legendaries show up every week it will quickly drain my 10k+ reserves!

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is insane... I have 9 purchaseable legendaries in my shop. I hate the new patch!!

Stage likes this.
  17. Accent

Accent Hydra

18. kogi

kogi Ogre

Yep, close thread. I won't be able to afford anything from now on

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Bandreus likes this.
  20. kogi

kogi Ogre