Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Accent

Accent Hydra

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

3. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

Legends this round, looking for some thoughts, thinking focus on the first and ignore the rest -

Deadly, Deadly Staff - I always seem to be looking for a quality electric blaster(s), this might fit the bill
    Azgul's Orb - seems to be a fantastic no-brainer before the impending FS nerf, but now I'm on the fence
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots - appears solid but is it 2500gp solid and that much better than Mouse Boots
    God's Rage - even with the upgrade Violent -> Controlled Swing on the way, meh, also have one from loot

4. kogi

kogi Ogre

5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

kogi likes this.
  6. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

7. kogi

kogi Ogre

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Deadly, Deadly Staff? Totally, Totally Buy it!

But seriously. It's a crapshoot- on one hand, consistant 5+ damage but comparable to common Mighty Sparkping Staff; on the other hand, if it becomes Linear with 5 damage and 6 range it will become a SP powerhouse and have more versatility in MP. So, it's up to your piggybank I guess.

I don't like the Knife of St. Blenko. Inspiring Presence seems like a wizard/firestorm support card, not something I usually run, or will want to run in the future especially since I want to stay out of range if possible. The other 4 cards seem like dead weight to me, even for only a minor/major.

As for the Maquah, I absolutely love having big attacks on my frenzy Priest, and having three Toughness-removing, Reliable-Mail shredding attacks for 8 damage + buffs seems a bit more reliable than Healing Hand Mace at the moment. I appreciate having 4 attacks/two Team Heal more than 3 attacks/3 Team Heal as well.

Of course that all being said, I would like some other legendary priest weapons much, much more like Huetotl's Firebrand which I have wanted FOREVER. But I can't count on getting that.

9. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

I have three of these, and while I use them frequently, you can totally pass on these, especially if you have mouse boots.

10. Accent

Accent Hydra

11. rowspower

I have a feeling dynamic armor will be played more heavily post balance changes.

12. Accent

Accent Hydra

Probably. I love and have gotten a lot of use out of Thick Hide Armor, but I feel with Dynamic Armor, I'd just be too tempted to burn it for a move.

13. rowspower

That's why I like the card. It's an armor when you need it, and a gap 4 closer when you don't need armor. Unfortunately there is no item with 3x of it.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

At the moment looks to be getting Linear, could be quite good especially when still hard to block.
    If you do any farming or quests you'll want it, FS is getting nerfed, but not becoming unplayable for SP.
    I'd pass unless you're collecting.

Personally I don't think so.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

FS is becoming largely unplayable in SP. At range 5 it is pretty worthless on most maps - or at least slower and less reliable than other builds. Speed was the main point for FS farming.
    If I'm wrong on this, please correct me. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Bandreus and wavy like this.
  16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Just going off reports, I haven't play tested SP. I know someone was saying White Star was still legitimately farm-able with the reduced range, but it is all second-hand info. Clearly at the very least the effectiveness/ease of use has been reduced, and frankly if you're saying it's unplayable I would tend to take your word on it.

17. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I'd be glad for a definitive answer on this too - it seems that all the rebalancing is aimed at MP without much thought as to how the campaign will be affected (I only play SP). I've been waiting until I've got a bit more cash so I can get some more club membership and tackle a some more of the quests (i.e. no party deaths, 1HP etc.), but Firestorm was a big part of a lot of the strategies for quests and I'm worried that some may become nigh-on impossible.

Perhaps I shouldn't moan and should just get over to the test server to test things, but a) I don't really have the time and b) unless I've got multiples of various epic/rare items, I can't guage the impact on my current builds.

I hope the devs have carefully considered the impact on SP.

18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I hope so, too. But when there's PVE and PVP in the same game it's usually the PVE that gets sacrificed.

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There's a cheat code active on the test server that will give you every item in the game (even undroppable items).

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Cheat codes help. :)
    everyitem: gives you one of every item in the game
    (I know this doesn't help with the time constraint.)
    I have a feeling (but no actual knowledge) that the idea is that the adventures can be adjusted to fit the revised capabilities of the items. Most of the lower levels, including the kobold mines, can still be farmed with FS, but they may require 1-3 rounds and melee contact before all the enemies can be brought into range. As a result, it is slower. Having a tank/healing priest helps a lot.
    I'd like to hear from @Squidy on this. I'm stubborn and persistant, but he's a much better player.