Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

The problem is as a SP I like making the best from what I have. If these changes go through I'll probably ignore Randimar's. Pretend like it doesn't exist. Especially if we all get the same things in the store.

On-T: I've decided I'm going to buy that Axe. Just have to finish off the gold.

2. Ector

Ector Hydra

I have absolutely no useful items in my Randimar's this week. No legendaries at all.
    When the new change is going to happen? :)

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Hehe, I have 6L this week :D

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gratz! I hope there are some good ones. :)

5. zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour Goblin Champion

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I would at the very least wait for an update on balance changes before getting Ferocity. Having an encumbered dwarf with Blind Rage on is going to be brutal now without long step cards. If you've been playing with Beater and liking it then a second one can't be bad. Massive Harm will get a big boost when the Violent Overswings switch to Controlled Overswings but it's hard to justify having 3 more points of damage over Beater in exchange for 3 possible discards.

7. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

4 Legendaries - don't really have the cash unless I luck into a legendary gold drop tonight/tomorrow... but they seem pretty solid especially the first 2
    Dark Drewg's Mace - not sure it is something to chase, but there's always a place in my heart for tokenless weapons that kick butt
    Heartripper - quite on the other side of the spectrum, use up your tokens and blow up your enemies from afar
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots - nice solid tokenless boots especially for the spell-slinger and support-caster and even distance-stretch warr
    Wild Trickery - I'm not sure this really beats Cautious Trickery but if you have to fly across the board

Reality is I'll likely pass on them all (at 1100gp currently) unless someone shouts one of these is a must must must must have

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Heartripper is one hot staff to be sure. Depending on how the current balancing shakes out it might still be the best MP staff in the game. Very useful in SP to be sure in any case. I use mine on the higher level adventures all the time.

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Punishing Bolt is a really long range attack that can do 8-10 damage early on. It's also arcane so you can take advantage of hard to block trait bonuses. I would rip someone's heart out for one of these...but alas I'd need a Heartripper first.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Heartripper is also my top choice. The mace is very good, but IMO St. Portia's Maul is better. It's also very hard to find.
    If these had shown up in my Randi's, I'd have bought all 4 - and 3 would be duplicates.

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Everything with Defender's Block and 2 decent blocks is legendary and nothing else has 2 of them so if you want that effect this is your best option. The addition of card draws will probably make up for the Weak Chop now.

hatchhermit likes this.
  13. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Yup, I've been running this one with melee teams on the test server, where you have everything available. It's worth it.

hatchhermit likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Unless it changes again...
    I expect Defender's Block to stay pretty strong, but I've guessed wrong about other changes. :oops:

15. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I have a hard time buying something based off of potential changes, but I'd rather buy it than Axe Of The Titans. I rarely use chops on my warriors in SP. Plus the shield is cheaper. Yeah. I think I'm going to get the shield and leave the weapon.

16. Accent

Accent Hydra

Skull Of Savage Iljin (I don't have one yet, but Savage Curse doesn't impress me. Why would I want to turn anything I do with my wizard into a spell that duplicates Controlled Overswing? Bye bye, Res Hide, other armors, blocks, etc)
    Yvette's Buckler already have one, but with the new balance changes, this looks strong
    Cleansing Hide Armor meh
    Dorimer's Boots I like, but I already have one
    Flax's Thirsty Vial I have none, so I'll buy this, even if it's a dupe of Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud, of which I have three
    Hrillia's Healing Ring Nice
    Inkdark Halberd already have three
    Maquah Of Ancient Blood
    Novice Evasion
    Solid Iron Helmet
    Vira's Chain

Any thoughts? I'll probably but the Skull, the Vial, the Ring, the Maquah, and Novice Evasion, just because I have the money.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Flaxative likes this.
  19. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

My first Lochaber Axe, hopefully I'll get some use out of this pre-"nerf"

20. Accent

Accent Hydra

Well, we've seen two changes to Nimble Strike, so who knows if the current version in the balance change will be the final one. My answer is a "yes" -- step two, free move is pretty valuable. Especially since it's only an epic.

I'm a little frustrated -- I have 74% of Base set epics, and despite farming the level 12/13 adventures, I've seen neither hide nor hair of the Axe.