[Feedback] Upcoming Balance Change MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Questor, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Can we talk about Vulnerable (now +2 damage) and how it has become an inacceptable trait for elves (elf wizards), shutting them effectively off from a big portion of good items?

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

You're right, so maybe only Touch Of Death gets boosted play.

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yup.
    Better have Scuttle ignore encumber than give it cantrip I'd say.

4. Lord Feleran

Where did you see the Vulnerable change??

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

A sneaky edit, it does double the damage on the test server. No mention of it in the announcements.

6. UiA

UiA Ogre

Well this will definitely shake things up a bit. Its going to be interesting how some coveted items become "meh" while others that you wouldn't have taken a second glance at become amazing. ex Ulrin's Scuttling Socks Quick Scuttle seems very powerful for warriors, heck I'd have run a 2 or 3 cantrip move boot if it existed before but now one does and its got free move :confused: add quickness aura for some 4 step cantripy goodness.

3DC's aren't going to be hurt too bad looks like, but at least they lost their SPR ace in the hole somewhat and WW/WWE has been nerfed to the ground finally thank goodness. I'm surprised frost/encumber spells haven't been touched (or did I miss it somewhere?) The harness move looks interesting though it does kind of kick officer harness in the teeth in comparison and have potential for untouchable juggernauts if unopposed with armor removal. One thing I won't miss is dwarf warriors nimble striking around with the agility of ballerinas, good riddance. Also with wall of stone changing to flash flood it kind of makes me want to build a deck based on making your own island with 3 wizzies on it zapping everyone with impunity(palm tree not included:p), so I think we will see a few new deck types which is cool. Anyways overall pretty happy to see them shaking up the game like this but I will miss HtPD (R.I.P. my loyal companion, R.I.P. :oops:)

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Lord Feleran

:D :D Good one. Just hope the island also doesn't include a Volcano :D
    I'm still very frightened of warriors or even priests stacking harnesses. Other harnesses that just got the ability to always fit in hand should get some nerfs to compensate.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just a quick reminder to everyone: because you can now use the 'everyitem' cheat on the test server, it is very easy to gain access to all items and test various builds. I'm sure many of your concerns are valid despite coming from the armchair, but don't forget to test these changes! Thanks :)

9. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

My opinion:
    Whirlwind: will be complete garbage now and wont be played. move only 2 is a joke. thats not even a small breeze. my Fix: make it move random 4 or 5 and it still will kinda suck

Firestorm: urgh. i hate fs, but this change is rly bad. will affect sp farming a lot. my fix:stay the old firestorm, maybe add:discard a random card when using it

Long Step Cards: hum this seems ok

Short Perplexing Ray: this change also bad. my fix: keep the same old spr and add only can be used on chars that have more cards in hand than the caster.

Wall of Stone: meh, No opinion on this one.
    ---------------
    Other Changes

• Advanced Battlefield Training: transfers two cards instead of one.-> good change, but maybe make it that ppl wont see what are the cards transfered?
    • Acrobatic Flip: now blocks any type of attack, not just Melee.-> hum may be interesting
    • Mind Worm: range increased to 8 (from 4).-> i love mind worm,but still weak,wont see much playing. maybe 4 duration?
    ----------
    Seems the meta will be heavy on warriors and mass frenzy

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Wow so much to comment on so little time.

What I am concerned about:
    I think the Harnesses will become an OP disaster, with people desperately waiting for Armor destruction to have a chance and it will favor the top players even more since the Enchanted Harness is hard to get. Now I know my Duncan's Cap is getting dusted off immediately.
    Acrobatic Flip seems to change the nature of the card, I dont play it curious how it will be deployed.
    Cause Fumble/ Defender's Block are now both very powerful, I dont think this will be an issue but now possible to hold many more viable non-shield based blocks... much more likely to use.

What I like:
    WW/WWE I would have done move 3 but something needed to change.
    Telekenesis is now awesome
    Wall of Flash Flood... I swear I had this idea the other day, but never mentioned it.
    Hard to pin/ Surging - I LOVE Hard to pin, but this makes a lot more sense.
    SPR - Still very good but not crippling card advantage
    FS - hurts SP a bit but it makes more sense now
    Counterspell/Forgetfulness: IF I understood this right I am happy to have more CS less Forgetfulness
    Ill-Fitting makes a few items much more playable especially Curass of Froth.
    Stuck Arrow becomes viable but still dont love 4+ blocks.
    Weak Parry potential for draw
    What I am not sure about:
    NS/Dancing Cut - really hurts NS, not sure if Locahber Axe is still highly desirable
    Vicious Thrust - makes sense, but I really liked it the way it was
    Winds of War/ Gusts of war - not sure how many items have Improved Tele, if not too many this could work out.
    Invigorating Touch a net 14 points of damage 7 damage + upto 7 heal, or more if buffed, is a big swing in melee combat, now more powerful than all but oblit/almighty, already was a strong attack now it makes Vamp builds more dangerous with the other draining buffs.

What is missing:
    Reistant Hide - I know the 1 per wiz limit keeps it from being ridiculous but still just better than every other armor in that it can reduce 2 of the main magic types (fire and lightning) to 0. Still think it should be 1 per source of damage/ roll and double protection (armor 4 against type)/ roll for protection/ protection only no general armor.
    Toughness - This really still needs to be subject to penetration
    I guess I will need to actually get on the test server, not sure if I will have time this week.
    Last though why are there no Human racial cards e.g. All Humans do X, Dwarves get a draw, elves get movement. I think Dwarves should get a minor heal (2 or 3 points) and Humans should get the drawing racial.

Hard to know what to think until we see item changes.

11. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

What about Mass Frenzy, Thoughtness and Team run?

Mass Frenzy is so strong, ww, wwe and wow were some ways to handle it. If you are going to nerf it, maybe you should nerf mass frenzy too or it is probably going to be a future problem.

You are nerfing alot of cards that can move your characters or your opponent characters but not team run and other cards to move your team. Team run allows you to move 10 squares in a single card, sprint team 16 squares. In games with just 1 victory point where both teams are warrior teams (2 warrior and 1 priest, 1 warriors and 2 priests, 3 warriors), the team that goes in the vp first is in a great advantage so team run and cards like that are overpowered in that cases and agaisnt wizards teams (3 dwc, firestorm, etc) too, because with that cards you can catch your oppoonent characters very easily. If you are nerfing some cards that are good agaisnt warrior teams, it is possible that we are going to see more of them and maps with just 1 vp are so stupid in warrior vs warrior match ups.

Alot of cards are being nerfed and that causes other problems.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  12. Lord Feleran

Invigorating Touch change is very good. Now it's more like a golden card. Don't forget you can't heal the full amount quite often so it's not always better than Mighty Bludgeon.

What I'd still like to see is, yea, something to Toughess perhaps. Like won't get to draw if it blocks more than x damage. Or let it not stop penetrating attacks. Also flying cards need buffs because WoS -> water terrain card isn't much of a nerf if nobody's using flying cards anyway.

13. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

the changes to harness just brings them up to ok/not feeling bad for using an item with chain harness etc :p and even if they were op it would be so easy to counter. i would suggest anyone thinking of making an armor build thinking it will be op try it on the test server first so you don't waste all your gold in randi's :p

part of me hopes armor builds will be the new meta since it would unintentionally nerf stuff like toughness and res hide due to people running lots of armor removal ;) but i very much doubt it.

14. Lord Feleran

If a build requires special countering then it's very good already. Sundering Strikes are quite pointless against 3dwc for example.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I love having them against 3DC because of Toughness.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Is there a quick run through somewhere, about how to get to Testserver-MP as fast as possible?
    I skipped tutorial, console cheated me items and characters, manually played lvl4 - shieldhaven, and yet, no MP access.

17. progammer

progammer Ogre

The only thing im worried about is the effects of firestorm and wall of stone in the campaign. Without WOS some 1hp quest might be impossibke. and farming wont be the same after firestorm nerf :(

hatchhermit likes this.
  18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

The creation of Quick Scuttle makes sense when you combine it with the nerf of Nimble Strike, etc... You can now combine two cards to get the effect of the original Nimble Strike. This lines up well with how I think the step attacks should be. It also includes the other step attacks in that combo.

The only change that really disappoints me is the one to FS. I don't relish trying to farm gold with the reduced range.

Edit: Also, do the changes mean that Maze no longer triggers Path of Knives?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  19. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

Hmm I got access to MP after clearing all the Lvl 1 dungeons.

20. Mindful

Mindful Kobold

I haven't played in a while so not sure what decks people are playing recently. But was just thinking of coming back and this changes sound good overall and make me more interested in playing again.

I am worried that Enchanted Harness is going to be seriously overpowered - time to dust off my General Jelom's Helm. Big boost to frost builds. And this might go too far in nerfing dwarves and boosting elves.