Why not put the game on steam f2p?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by MaroBaro, Jul 28, 2014.

1. MaroBaro

MaroBaro Kobold

Why not? You can just stick a .net browser control on a forms app and have it running in less than 5 minutes.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

They devs have been working on a standalone client for quite a while, for potential steam purposes. If it was that simple, I'm sure it would already be up there.

3. MaroBaro

MaroBaro Kobold

i am a developer, lets say very experienced one, unless the game cannot run on IE(haven't tried) then I see no reason why it could not work. They can still work and make a standalone app version but this can work in the begining.

4. Pengw1n

Steam doesn't generally allow browser based games, so it could be down to certification issues et c, or having to mesh the payment methods with steam et c.

All we know officially is that they've always considered steam, is a very small indie dev studio - and that some progress has been made on a potential standalone client (which seems to be targetting steam).

An old greenlight thread with some official posts here.

5. MaroBaro

MaroBaro Kobold

well i made a version like i said, took 45 seconds... everything works fine. so yea.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

A downloadable client is coming - shortly.

Phaselock, Gento and Pengw1n like this.
  7. Pengw1n

There's a difference between getting it put up on steam, and getting it to work in a jerry rigged launcher. That being said, no point in arguing if you already believe you're correct and considering Jons statement, we'll see the client soon enough anyway.

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Any timeline forthcoming ?