[BUG] Dead battles in the MP "Games in Progress" list

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jarmo, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks, Farbs!

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

We regret to inform of the passing of "Strhaad's battle vs Mielikki" and "jzc11's battle vs KornyKings". Services will be held in the gym basement at ten. No, sorry, that was the pratfall practise.

Sir Veza and Farbs like this.
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

It was a lovely service. Please join us for refreshments at the Black Vaults as we celebrate the lives of these battles.
    Door prizes will be awarded, courtesy of the Loot Fairy.

Squidy, Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The report of Mielikki's battle vs Strhaad's death was not an exaggeration.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's an epidemic. KornyKing's battle vs jzc11 is but the latest victim.

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The disease is spreading. SJCRPV's battle vs TwitchPidge is the most recent victim.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

They're taking their siblings with them now. Strhaad's battle vs Mielikki stands witness to the familial destruction.

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've cleaned them up, thanks.

9. Jon

I've just fixed this, hopefully for good. It won't be in the next build though (but will be in the build after).

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

While the fixed build wends its way through the system, there's a residual corpse clogging the public paths. Please heave "KornyKings's battle vs jzc11" into the carcass cart and haul it to the anatomists' laboratory. I hear they pay in excess of five coppers apiece for them!

Sir Veza and Squidy like this.
  11. Jon

Corpse removed.

Hopefully this problem will go away for good when I deploy the next live build, later this week.

Jarmo likes this.
  12. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Here's a new possibly related bug: If you watch a battle to the end, it gives the error about not being able to join the battle.

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Does it always happen?

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is the fix on the test server yet? Because I'm looking at a dead battle there right now:

dead-battle.png

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Unfortunately it looks like the new build did not fix all issues causing dead battles. There are four of them now. Two are different from the normal PvP spectator traps: "Squidy's battle (custom)" and "Guardian_Naga vs Gary" do load, but there are no characters on the boards.

16. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I had no characters either when I tried to play. When I tried to log this morning, I had a message saying that I had a battle in progress in MP and asking me if I felt like rejoining it. I said yes , why not and got send back to the no character battle. Left the game again and saw that there was no battle with my name in the list. Can you still see it?

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I can't see the same one any more but now there's another dead battle like the previous one, this time called "Squidy vs Gary". Go figure.

18. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

The dead battles have a new swag, Monster Hunt style. I can see 6 dead battles and 4 of them are monster hunt ones.

edit: everytime I log in, I am asked if I want to rejoin my dead battle, wheter I say no or yes

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  19. Jon

There's obviously some other issue causing battles to get stuck. I'll keep looking into it. Meanwhile I cleaned the ones there up.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The new league seems to be an especially rife breeding ground for them for whatever reason. There's yet another one lying in the middle of the thoroughfare.
    "Scarponi's battle vs DeathFace
    Monster Hunt(league)"